Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings probably won't let him go for free, but would they do so for an asset or two? Probably. He doesn't really fit with that team anymore, and they probably could use that money on bringing in a vet or two. They have enough young prospects on that team, and they've already started moving them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento are idiots...this can't be stated enough in this thread.
    I agree. That's why they'll be willing to pay Tyreke millions more per year than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Evans flourishing under Pop, and I don't think the chances of this happening are as far-fetched as some seem to think. Would really be an interesting fit. Hope the FO gives it some serious thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best bet would be for sac to do a sign and trade with us but the chances of that I think are pretty slim as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at SACTO's roster and FO moves post C-Webb years....tells you how incompentent they are. I wouldn't think they would be THAT crazy to match any offer thrown at Evans given they have enough wing players as it is....but than again...they were crazy enough to draft DeMarcus Cousins...because of his "talent". As many said, Evans would do damn well under Pop...and I would like to take a shot....but with him being restricted...who knows.
    Last edited by Sdayi135; 06-22-2013 at 07:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has been one of my top FAs for a while now because of his versatility, size, and ability to handle the ball.

He loves using the euro step to get to the basket.
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops hype so take it for what it is, but here is an interesting chronology: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/tyreke_evans

According to this it sounds like Sactown make make a play for Ellis, which may have an impact of whether they sign Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the fact that Sacramento is even thinking about signing another two-guard with Evans, Freddette and Thornton already shows they are not sold on giving Tyreke a huge deal. I think the Spurs should swoop in a offer some compensation (a pick or two or some rights to players like Hanga) to agree to a sign-and-trade before the market settles down. That'd be my top priority this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some highlights from a game this season against the Bulls:

I have to say, I'd be really excited if the Spurs were to get him. He looks like he has a lot of physical gifts, and he seems willing to play both sides of the court. He and Leonard (and Green) would be great building blocks for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice highlights! He really is Manu-esque. Under our system I bet he can flourish.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see what we could trade for him. Cory Joseph, and 2 1sts? Seems low still. Maybe a 3 team deal but I'm having a hard time seeing a deal that doesn't involve Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings might not match a 8M a yr offer if it were from some other franchise but if they see the Spurs willing to commit that kind of money to Evans than they probably re-think their strategy and match it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Qualifying offer for Evans is 6.927.

A 4/32 deal has a first year salary of a little less than 7.75.

Why on earth would Sacramento not match such a small offer?

And with regards to Sacramento's people in charge being too dumb to know what they have, hardly. They fired the old GM. They fired the old VP of player personnel, the same guy who does tv for them. They fired the coach. They fired every assistant coach. New ownership. New GM. New assistant GM. New coach. New assistants.

I'm guessing the bidding would start at 10 and could easily go up as desperate teams with capspace throw money his way (like Detroit or Atlanta).
    Last edited by objective; 06-23-2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: mistake on their new gm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Qualifying offer for Evans is 6.927.

A 4/32 deal has a first year salary of a little less than 7.75.

Why on earth would Sacramento not match such a small offer?

And with regards to Sacramento's people in charge being too dumb to know what they have, hardly. They fired the old GM. They fired the old VP of player personnel, the same guy who does tv for them. They fired the coach. They fired every assistant coach. New ownership. New GM. New assistant GM. New coach. New assistants.

I'm guessing the bidding would start at 10 and could easily go up as desperate teams with capspace throw money his way (like Detroit or Atlanta).
    I hear you. In fact when I first started thinking about this guy as an option several months ago, the Kings had just completed the seemingly irrational Robinson trade. It seemed like a top priority was to shed salary in anticipation for a sale to Seattle to make the purchase move attractive. That's no longer there.

That said I'm not convinced Evans is in there plans long term. He hasn't shown growth under their system since his rookie year, they're flirting with Ellis (another tweener), and they need to consider developing more recent draft selection like BYU kid and Thomas at those positions.

As suggested above perhaps a sign and trade is the way to go. I too don't see the spurs going north of 9m for a bench player, who still needs to be developed in many ways. Your point about Detroit and Atlanta is also well taken.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all really going to depend on the Monta Ellis situation. If Malone convinces management to sign him then it would create a pretty big logjam at the wing and they could decide to let Evans go. That wouldn't be the most intelligent thing to do imo, but it's not highly unlikely either.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it...10 million a season really isn't unreasonable for a kid as talented as Evans. I don't know if that something the Spurs would do even if Manu retired, but ...look at what the did with RJ.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not familiar with his skill set but can he drive, handle, play pick n roll, shoot, and play d? If so I say yes.

Would rather have a guy that can be counted on as a playoff performer. This guy hasn't been and we risk a learning curve, but he does have all star potential doesn't he and the system does have a way of bringing out more in players.

That said the kings do have cap space so it seems highly unlikely that we get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the would he fit our system, knowing he can't shoot the three?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the would he fit our system, knowing he can't shoot the three?
    To me that's a big question mark as well. He'd have 15min as the backup point guard but I'm not sure he would be a great fit the other 15min a game.

Also what you you do with Manu next year exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't for the life of me understand why Monta Ellis, being a free agent, would even consider playing for Sacramento, a team in complete turmoil whose best player has huge behavioral/maturity issues.... There are very few things you can do in this world with $60 million that you can't also do with $50 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have him. But it looks more and more likely that Ginobili comes back next season. So what would Evans' role be? A Leonard-Evans-Parker lineup would be terrible spacing wise. So he'd be the primary ball-handler off the bench and I'm not sure how often he would be in the closing lineup due to the spacing issue. And what do you do with Joseph and De Colo?

Evans coming to the Spurs depends on three things. Is he in the Kings future plans? Can the Spurs fix his jumpshot? And would Evans be okay coming off the bench in SA?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well when you put it like that it sounds very unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have him. But it looks more and more likely that Ginobili comes back next season. So what would Evans' role be? A Leonard-Evans-Parker lineup would be terrible spacing wise. So he'd be the primary ball-handler off the bench and I'm not sure how often he would be in the closing lineup due to the spacing issue. And what do you do with Joseph and De Colo?

Evans coming to the Spurs depends on three things. Is he in the Kings future plans? Can the Spurs fix his jumpshot? And would Evans be okay coming off the bench in SA?
    i think the better question , is what will manus role be if he comes back? I get the spacing issues but that's not what the team needs as they start thinking about replacing their stars. It needs a creator now. Shooting is only as good as the creators findin them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Jarrett Jack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the better question , is what will manus role be if he comes back? I get the spacing issues but that's not what the team needs as they start thinking about replacing their stars. It needs a creator now. Shooting is only as good as the creators findin them.
    I think that Ginobili may end up moving to the starting lineup. He's only going to get less effective as the bench's primary creator, and he can space and defend well enough to make up for most of what Danny Green brings. Evans would then be the sixth man and back-up two-guard. Green would be the backup three (which exstatic suggested a while back). I have my reservations about moving Green down to such a small role, but he should still get some big minutes. Joseph or De Colo would be the point-guard, Diaw the power-forward and Baynes the center.

Depending on Evans' ability to be the primary creator, he might get the nod as the backup combo-guard. In that case, Green can guard the backup points while Evans can just play the one offense and two on defense. Or if Evans can defend ones, then Ginobili might be able to stay at the two and the starting lineup can remain as it is. Then, some player that the Spurs sign cheaply to play the three (like Aminu) can join Diaw and Baynes in the front court. Or Ginobili might end up moving to the three full time, and Evans could play the two and Joseph or De Colo could play the one. [A De Colo, Evans and Ginobili perimeter attack would be very versatile, since they're about about the same size and can all at least get away with playing three positions.]

If Splitter goes elsewhere, the Spurs probably acquire an actual power-forward like Millsap, and that could change the rotation a bit. Regardless, Evans would still be able to fit.

Thread Information