Height: 6-6 / 1.98
    Weight: 220 lbs. / 99.8 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country: Memphis / USA

Info

RFA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bounced back to a level not seen since his rookie year. If Manu hangs them up, I'd like to see them go hard after him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely forgot about this guy. Sactown, the that is... I'd be interested for the right price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans is a waste of talent in SAC. That franchise is a mess.

I have no doubt in my mind that Evans will flourish playing for a better coach/franchise. He has amazing ball-handling skills and he is absolutely elite finishing at the rim. I don't know if someone can fix that broken JS, but he is still young (23y/o).

Considering the massive offer PHX made for Gordon and how desperate they are to find a starting material SG, It wouldn't be a surprise if they try to steal Evans from SAC with a big offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great versatility, can play multiple positions; after Spurs decide on $ for Manu and Splitter; Evans should be one of their top targets. Can't hurt to have another ball handler on the team and if you need a half court shot, he is near to the top of the list.

I wonder what direction Spurs will go in the off season; add another SG/SF or PF/C route?
    Last edited by ace3g; 03-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd sign him instead of the Manu I've been seeing lately.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason I don't like his at ude..maybe its just me.
    OnTopic, I like him, not sure if he can be regular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason I don't like his at ude..maybe its just me.
    OnTopic, I like him, not sure if he can be regular.
    You're joking, right? He averaged 20/5/5 as a ROOKIE.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're joking, right? He averaged 20/5/5 as a ROOKIE.
    I meant that he looks to me like someone who will not perform when we need him. Thats what I meant...I think I had just saw an entire game and he sucked...I was probably not objective with that comment.

How much money do you think the Spurs will need to get him? $8 per year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant that he looks to me like someone who will not perform when we need him. Thats what I meant...I think I had just saw an entire game and he sucked...I was probably not objective with that comment.

How much money do you think the Spurs will need to get him? $8 per year?
    Not sure. He's restricted, so that skews the market a bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting in an offer sheet on him would lock up cap space for 72 (?) hours and preclude a team from making other offers, which is why you see so few guys get bid on in RFA. I imagine someone bids here and Sacramento matches unless it's a ridiculous amount of money. Heck, the Clippers matched that awful DeAndre Jordan deal and put themselves in cap . Imagine if he had gone to GS. They'd probably still have Monta stunting Curry and Thompson's growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs offer you'd better believe Sacramento would match. Just because its the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an RFA so if he gets paid around what he deserves or below, Kings will match and if he gets paid more than he deserves( which there is a high probabilty) I doubt we could afford or would want him.

I could see the Suns or Mavs(if they strike out on CP3/D12) offering him a loaded contract, that the Kings might not want to match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an RFA so if he gets paid around what he deserves or below, Kings will match and if he gets paid more than he deserves( which there is a high probabilty) I doubt we could afford or would want him.

I could see the Suns or Mavs(if they strike out on CP3/D12) offering him a loaded contract, that the Kings might not want to match.
    Kings dont necessary have to match offer for Evans. If new owners decided to tank for next season, with heavy loaded FA and draft paying Evans dont make sense at all.

Or they could draft Burke/McLemore and tank for Wiggins and other guys in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings dont necessary have to match offer for Evans. If new owners decided to tank for next season, with heavy loaded FA and draft paying Evans dont make sense at all.

Or they could draft Burke/McLemore and tank for Wiggins and other guys in 2014.
    They could still tank with Evans, they've been doing it for the past couple of years already. If Evans signs a contract within the 8-10 million a year range, I gurantee they match. It would be stupid not to, as they can always trade him later anyways, similar to what the Nuggets did with Nene(Except he was overpaid rather than underpaid).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could still tank with Evans, they've been doing it for the past couple of years already. If Evans signs a contract within the 8-10 million a year range, I gurantee they match. It would be stupid not to, as they can always trade him later anyways, similar to what the Nuggets did with Nene(Except he was overpaid rather than underpaid).
    They're going to have a hard time getting someone to take Evans on a $10M contract next summer if they want to play the FA game. 2014 is the summer of LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to have a hard time getting someone to take Evans on a $10M contract next summer if they want to play the FA game. 2014 is the summer of LeBron.
    You're under-rating how over-rated NBA players can be, 10 mill 4 year contract is quite reasonable for Evans. He hasn't been 20 5 & 5 since his rookie year but he had a bounce back season last year. He's only 23, you fix his broken jumpshot ( Imagine if he worked out with Chip for an offseason) and suddenly you got a budding star on your hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're under-rating how over-rated NBA players can be, 10 mill 4 year contract is quite reasonable for Evans. He hasn't been 20 5 & 5 since his rookie year but he had a bounce back season last year. He's only 23, you fix his broken jumpshot ( Imagine if he worked out with Chip for an offseason) and suddenly you got a budding star on your hands.
    I dont think you give a "broken" player 10 mil to see if he can be fixed. Let someone else fix him up on there dime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're under-rating how stiff the penalties for the luxury tax that kick in this summer are. Teams over the tax cannot except players in a sign and trade. Thin about that one for a bit.

Veteran players, who in the past would have gotten all or a chunk of the MLE, sat on the sidelines waiting for minimum offers this year. Year three players were allowed to test the restricted market without being offered a big extension. Teams cut bait with year two players who didn't make the nut.

It's a new day in the NBA. A clean cap sheet will be come the second most important thing to actual talent on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're under-rating how stiff the penalties for the luxury tax that kick in this summer are. Teams over the tax cannot except players in a sign and trade. Thin about that one for a bit.

Veteran players, who in the past would have gotten all or a chunk of the MLE, sat on the sidelines waiting for minimum offers this year. Year three players were allowed to test the restricted market without being offered a big extension. Teams cut bait with year two players who didn't make the nut.

It's a new day in the NBA. A clean cap sheet will be come the second most important thing to actual talent on the roster.
    I guess we will have to wait and revisit this thread after he's signed in the offseason then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather draft a two-guard to develop over the next couple of seasons than spend cap on one.

The Spurs have their starter locked down, and Ginobili is going to eat first on the bench. A good scoring guard is needed for the bench, but they don't figure to get a lot of minutes. Evans just wouldn't be worth more than $3-4 Million a year to the Spurs, and even that is asking a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather draft a two-guard to develop over the next couple of seasons than spend cap on one.

The Spurs have their starter locked down, and Ginobili is going to eat first on the bench. A good scoring guard is needed for the bench, but they don't figure to get a lot of minutes. Evans just wouldn't be worth more than $3-4 Million a year to the Spurs, and even that is asking a lot.
    Danny Green, at $3 Mil and change, immediately becomes your backup SF. You're also assuming Ginobili wants to return. I don't think that's a lock. He's really struggled with injuries the last two seasons, more than ever before. Both years he's entered the playoffs not in game shape and rusty as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green, at $3 Mil and change, immediately becomes your backup SF. You're also assuming Ginobili wants to return. I don't think that's a lock. He's really struggled with injuries the last two seasons, more than ever before. Both years he's entered the playoffs not in game shape and rusty as .
    If Ginobili leaves, the Spurs suddenly have more money to sign free agents. That's a completely different scenario in which Evans' value might rise to about $7-8 Million for the team. Just like if Splitter leaves in free agency, getting another center all the sudden becomes a priority.

And no, I don't think you push Green to the bench for Tyreke Evans. Evans isn't a good fit for the starting lineup and would be much better served for the bench, first off. Secondly, the way Green's playing right now, I don't look at the starting two spot as something that can be upgraded very easily. He's been a near-perfect fit for Parker, and Green's development and his and Parker's increasing chemistry suggest that that fit will get even better with time. Moving him to back up Leonard cuts his minutes and forces him to guard bigger players, which reduces his effectiveness. It also would make Green switching onto point-guards more challenging to the rotation. I don't think Evans starting is worth the defensive decline it would cost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tyreke Evans is a decent player. He shot pretty well this past season. However, I don't anything happening with him and the Spurs. It is almost certain that Manu will re-sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away.

Thread Information