My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Harper reported yesterday on Twitter that there is almost no communication between star and club.

“Let’s put it this way,” one team official told me. “This wouldn’t be the time to approach him about helping with any team functions.”

What is going on with this guy, and can it be resolved? As you surely know, the trouble started last month, when Santana arrived in Port St. Lucie with a weak shoulder, and a request to pitch for Venezuela in the World Baseball Classic. Those two facts did not compute for the Mets, who were confused and frustrated.

But it became public two weekends ago, when Sandy Alderson said that Santana was not in “pitching shape,” a term that the logical GM felt was “self-evident,” because, well, Santana was not pitching. But logic did not matter here. The proud pitcher saw the quotes, and the headlines and our back page (SHAPE UP!), and retreated into an anger that has not cleared.

I ran that by another Mets person, who answered: “We were just talking about that the other day. This is like the way it ended for Beltran.”

Meaning: The Mets sign a thoughtful, highly intelligent but sensitive superstar to a long-term contract, for more than $100 million. The star produces some memorable moments, but is injured a fair amount over the course of the deal. By the final year or two, everyone has had it. Sniping breeds resentment, and eye rolling on all sides.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/bas...-and-chipper-j

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no leadership in either the uper management or in the dogout.

Mess of a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no leadership in either the uper management or in the dogout.

Mess of a franchise.
    they are Fd

Thread Information