Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before my hacked PS2 died, I got a dvd with that had the top 100 Super NES games

Great

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when IGN said GTA4 was GOAT tier like OOT, GTA4 wasn't even Conker's BFD tier
    GTA4 was more Rambo NES tier tbh.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call bull ; there is no way possible to improve Ninja Gaiden.
    NESticle screen saves tbh, with metroid too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESticle screen saves tbh, with metroid too.
    I stand corrected. That was the only way I ever got through Jaqiuo and the alien tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I still remember THAT moment I saw Jaquio resurrected from the dead in Ninja Gaiden II, almost shat my pants tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My first console was a Master System and its wonderful rectangular shaped controllers, similar to the NES controller but without the select and pause buttons. If you wanted to pause your game you had to use the big pause button placed next to the console's power switch.

It's funny how technology evolves but consoles nowadays can break so easily, while consoles from the 80's/90's are so durable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah controls were much more simpler back then

A = shoot
    B= jump

With the current gen consoles, you have to remember the control combos for each game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. That was the only way I ever got through Jaqiuo and the alien tbh.
    NESticle was so awesome when it came out. ALLNES.ZIP with 3k games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first console was a Master System and its wonderful rectangular shaped controllers, similar to the NES controller but without the select and pause buttons. If you wanted to pause your game you had to use the big pause button placed next to the console's power switch.

It's funny how technology evolves but consoles nowadays can break so easily, while consoles from the 80's/90's are so durable.
    Gotta disagree, as the NES has to be the least durable system ever. I remember how the ing thing would reset over and over half the time you turned it on if it was a year old or more, screwing around with the cartridge for 5 minutes every time you wanted to change the game, and so on. Playing an NES that you had for a while was just an extreme exercise in frustration. I mean the games were incredible but that piece of hardware was about as far from durable as any I can think of ever using.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESticle was so awesome when it came out. ALLNES.ZIP with 3k games
    LOL the bloody hand as the mouse pointer. I use FCEU now for playing NES games though. Are there any better emulators currently?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't tried any in a while tbh, may go install fceu in a bit to play rbi baseball

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

This game was so RAW.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta disagree, as the NES has to be the least durable system ever. I remember how the ing thing would reset over and over half the time you turned it on if it was a year old or more, screwing around with the cartridge for 5 minutes every time you wanted to change the game, and so on. Playing an NES that you had for a while was just an extreme exercise in frustration. I mean the games were incredible but that piece of hardware was about as far from durable as any I can think of ever using.
    Maybe it's a Nintendo thing, i've always been more of a Sega guy and from my experience with their consoles they always seemed pretty reliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why buy a Retron? Emulator is free..

I love the old games still. I could remember walking to Blockbuster video 2 miles away just to get some time playing Mario 64 weeks before the n64 dropped..Thinking the graphics in Ocarina of Time were the ..

..the old 64 wrestling games in 4 player modes were some of the best times alongside local multiplayer Goldeneye. I've discovered a game called King Of Colosseum on PS2 that reminds me of all the old 64 wrestling games, with better graphics and more moves..good times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

..the old 64 wrestling games in 4 player modes were some of the best times alongside local multiplayer Goldeneye.
    A friend of mine had GoldenEye on his N64

He would kill us everytime because he was familiar with the game (4 players)

But it was really fun

Mario Kart was also awesome in multiplayer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's a Nintendo thing, i've always been more of a Sega guy and from my experience with their consoles they always seemed pretty reliable.
    I loved Sega's arcade games, but never got one of their systems. If they would have ever released the original Shinobi on Genesis I would have been all over it. The Master System and DOS ports were horrible:

Master System

DOS

Arcade

Pissed me off having to wait until about 1998 to play that game in its full glory on my own system (thanks to the System16 emulator and later MAME). Still probably my favorite arcade game ever. Thankfully XBox Live Arcade has a really good quality port of it now (as opposed to the ty Double Dragon port, which plays way faster than the actual arcade ever did).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-19-2013 at 02:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember my dad buying me that converter that went on top of the Genesis to play Sega Master games. The games were trash but I had good times.

Now that I think about it, I don't know why I acquired it. It's not like he knew that it allowed you to play games from the Master system and at the time, I didn't know wtf was a Sega Master. It was pretty obscure. Who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why buy a Retron? Emulator is free..
    Because people still want to use their cartridges? There's nothing like popping in an old cartridge, being surprised that it works, play it for an hour or two (probably beating the game) and forgetting about it until 10 years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone use Mame?

http://www.mamedev.org

I've got it set up on my HTPC, but my 9 y.o. son doesn't have much interest in older games.

I still enjoy playing old arcade games on it, e.g. Defender, Galaga, Donkey Kong etc. I use one of those generic usb gamepads you can get on dealextreme. Getting used to controls on the gamepad, especially for Defender is a b@#$!. The complexity of controllers is probably why I never got into the newer game systems. That, and I'm old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y older brother had this when he was a kid

Mario's 1st appearance

Mario has to save the Princess from Donkey Kong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone use Mame?

http://www.mamedev.org

I've got it set up on my HTPC, but my 9 y.o. son doesn't have much interest in older games.

I still enjoy playing old arcade games on it, e.g. Defender, Galaga, Donkey Kong etc. I use one of those generic usb gamepads you can get on dealextreme. Getting used to controls on the gamepad, especially for Defender is a b@#$!. The complexity of controllers is probably why I never got into the newer game systems. That, and I'm old.
    El Nono was a developer for the MAME project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the bloody hand as the mouse pointer. I use FCEU now for playing NES games though. Are there any better emulators currently?
    I'm currently using Nestopia, myself. I've used FCEU, NESticle, and Nestopia the most of any, and I've got a slight leaning towards Nestopia. Though that could easily be because it's what was in the Emu/ROM collection I had on a flash drive when I switched laptops, and as such, I've been using it for a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    El Nono was a developer for the MAME project.

That's pretty cool. If I haven't pissed him off too much, maybe he'll give me some technical advice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm currently using Nestopia, myself. I've used FCEU, NESticle, and Nestopia the most of any, and I've got a slight leaning towards Nestopia. Though that could easily be because it's what was in the Emu/ROM collection I had on a flash drive when I switched laptops, and as such, I've been using it for a few years.
    Have you tried JNes?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information