Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty cool. If I haven't pissed him off too much, maybe he'll give me some technical advice.
    Nah, you'll be cool with him unless you come out as a Parker fan tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty cool. If I haven't pissed him off too much, maybe he'll give me some technical advice.
    I don't get pissed over the interwebs

What do you need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get pissed over the interwebs

What do you need?
    I was just joking. The version I have works great. At one point, I was trying to use Hyperspin as a front end, but I don't think I have a good enough graphics card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you'll be cool with him unless you come out as a Parker fan tbh.
    I'm more of a Duncan fan, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just joking. The version I have works great. At one point, I was trying to use Hyperspin as a front end, but I don't think I have a good enough graphics card.
    Yeah, don't know much about frontends. Never built my own cabinet thing... I did hear great things about the X-Arcade controller (http://www.xgaming.com/) to get the full arcade retro experience (I'm not affiliated with them)

I'm more involved with the programming side... drivers, audio/video/cpu cores, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, don't know much about frontends. Never built my own cabinet thing... I did hear great things about the X-Arcade controller (http://www.xgaming.com/) to get the full arcade retro experience (I'm not affiliated with them)

I'm more involved with the programming side... drivers, audio/video/cpu cores, etc...
    Building a cabinet looks like a massive project. Thanks for the link. Looks like a nice controller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you tried JNes?
    Mmmmmaybe? If I have, it's been quite a while. Anything specific about it I should give it a try for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmmmaybe? If I have, it's been quite a while. Anything specific about it I should give it a try for?
    Seems to be pretty highly rated. But, if you're happy with the one you're using, no need to switch.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this...

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have Sega master system lol.... altered beast sons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this...
    Last edited by Flawless; 03-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A friend of mine had GoldenEye on his N64

He would kill us everytime because he was familiar with the game (4 players)

But it was really fun

Mario Kart was also awesome in multiplayer
    There was always some pussy out of the group who would look at your half of the screen and cheat..I remember skipping school at Jay to walk a mile back home and get on Goldeneye..lol great times

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Goldeneye is probably the best game on N64 and one of the best video games based on a movie. The video game matches up with the story of the movie perfectly. And the music was awesome.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game was better than the movie tbh. Temple with grenade launchers was the only thing me and my friends played. I think I still have a working 007'd out copy in my shed along with a 64.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goldeneye is probably the best game on N64 and one of the best video games based on a movie. The video game matches up with the story of the movie perfectly. And the music was awesome.
    Goldeneye and the Robocop arcade are the only movie games that were ever really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goldeneye and the Robocop arcade are the only movie games that were ever really good.

Does the Chronicles of Rid game count? I heard that one is up there... probably the best ever. Never played it personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So.......

If you miss old games, there is a remastered version of Duck Tales on its way (PS3 - 360 - Wii )

And for 15 $

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So.......

If you miss old games, there is a remastered version of Duck Tales on its way (PS3 - 360 - Wii )

And for 15 $

That doesn't look like an improvement at all. I can't stand remakes that slap on modern textures and a scrolling background to try to make a great 1980s game look like a cheap 2010s flash game. Ducktales was one of the most creative and fun NES games of all-time. I mean, what next? SMB1 with cartoony textures and flac soundfiles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RetroN 4 Console Plays NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy — Through HDMI

The Hyperkin RetroN 3 console, pictured, plays classic Nintendo and Sega games. The RetroN 4, which the company will unveil later this month, will add Game Boy Advance support and HDMI output.

Game Boy busted? Super Nintendo toast? In need of new hardware to play your old games? A company called Hyperkin has built itself up providing just that — brand-new game consoles that play classic cartridges. On Tuesday, it announced what looks to be its most ambitious project ever: The RetroN 4 will feature four cartridge slots, allowing you to play cartridges from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Sega Genesis and for the first time the Game Boy Advance.
    As if that were not enough, it will also sport HDMI output. The currently available RetroN 3 consolesupports NES, SNES and Genesis, and has S-Video out. It will include a Bluetooth wireless controller, but also feature two controller ports for each console so you can plug in original control pads.
    A built-in digital user interface will allow you to reassign controller buttons and more. Hyperkin will release more details on the RetroN 4 at the Midwest Gaming Classic, to be held March 23-24 in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
    As the prices of these classic game consoles in working condition continue to rise, this could be a cheaper and more space-efficient solution for those who want to enjoy the classics. Cloned systems like this aren’t usually 100 percent compatible with the classic cartridge libraries, but it’s a good-enough solution for casual players. Not to mention the fact that solutions for playing Game Boy Advance games on the television, besides buying a GameCube and a Game Boy Player, are in short supply.

Damn, I bet that would cost a lot of money though.
    Should be less than 100$

Hyperkin's Retron 5 gaming console brings your classic cartridges to the big screen

By Jeff Blagdon on March 23, 2013 10:30 pm Email @jeffblagdon
    35COMMENTS

DON'T MISS ANY STORIES FOLLOW THE VERGE

[COLOR=#04558B !important]5

in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share[/COLOR]

Good news for fans of old video games — accessories maker Hyperkin is unveiling a retro console that will play almost any cartridge you can throw at it, reports Slashdot.Named the Retron 5 for its five slots, the machine will handle the same trio of NES, SNES, and Genesis cartridges as its predecessor, the Retron 3, as well as Famicom and Game Boy Advance games — not to mention Mega Drive, Super Famicom, Game Boy Color, and original Game Boy les. HDMI out means you’ll get a clear, digital signal to your HDTV, and Hyperkin says that it will upscale your games to 720p. There are a bunch of built-in niceties, like the ability to save and resume at any point in the game, overclocking to speed through slow parts, and a PS3-like interface for configuring controllers and picking what to play. You'll also have the choice of saving your game to the console, to the cartridge, or to some kind of removable storage, presumably an SD card.
    REPS FROM HYPERKIN SAID THAT IT WOULD BE LESS THAN $100
    There’s no firm price, but at the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend (video below), reps from Hyperkin said that it would be less than $100. That will include two Bluetooth wireless controllers, but an array of six controller ports on the console itself will let you use your old pads if you’d rather. There’s no firm release date, but Hyperkin says it will be “sometime after June.”

[/COLOR]

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Super Famicom sons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted a Neo Geo so bad but it was damn expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently playing Shinobi 2 and 3 (Genesis emulator) and Tiny Toons (Snes emu) on my Android

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just reinstalled Homeworld today. I highly recommend it. It still has an amazing, epic feel and will run on anything today, maybe even netbooks and such. Still a blast to play as well.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to get around to reading this.

https://www.wired.com/story/best-way...=pocket-newtab

Thread Information