Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone still have/play any of the old gen consoles like snes, genesis, n64 etc. I was able to find some of my old games (all still in working condition too ). Gotta love the good old days of gaming.
    Last edited by Flawless; 03-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aah the good old times

Faster loading times too

I had a Genesis and after a Snes

I play mostly sport games on current gen consoles, but on the old farts it was almost every type of game

It was fun fun fun

The other day I walked into a video store, and they had Snes, Genesis, original game boy, and most of the good games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N64 is stashed somewhere here.

LOL I remember me going HAM on Mario Kart. Best damn game I have ever played besides Super Mario for the same console.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aah the good old times

Faster loading times too

I had a Genesis and after a Snes

I play mostly sport games on current gen consoles, but on the old farts it was almost every type of game

It was fun fun fun

The other day I walked into a video store, and they had Snes, Genesis, original game boy, and most of the good games
    All awesome systems. Super Mario World on SNES is the only Mario game that competes with the original SMB for my favorite of the series (tough call). Gameboy was awesome just for tetris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All awesome systems. Super Mario World on SNES is the only Mario game that competes with the original SMB for my favorite of the series (tough call). Gameboy was awesome just for tetris.
    I also used to borrow Gameboys from various friends

When they released it, everybody thought it would fail " WTF monochrome ? "

But it was entertaining as

I wouldnt mind getting the original GB today, Im sure I would still have fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh the memories. I would play that game all the time. I use to own it, but sadly I lost it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RetroN 4 Console Plays NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy — Through HDMI

The Hyperkin RetroN 3 console, pictured, plays classic Nintendo and Sega games. The RetroN 4, which the company will unveil later this month, will add Game Boy Advance support and HDMI output.

Game Boy busted? Super Nintendo toast? In need of new hardware to play your old games? A company called Hyperkin has built itself up providing just that — brand-new game consoles that play classic cartridges. On Tuesday, it announced what looks to be its most ambitious project ever: The RetroN 4 will feature four cartridge slots, allowing you to play cartridges from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Sega Genesis and for the first time the Game Boy Advance.
    As if that were not enough, it will also sport HDMI output. The currently available RetroN 3 consolesupports NES, SNES and Genesis, and has S-Video out. It will include a Bluetooth wireless controller, but also feature two controller ports for each console so you can plug in original control pads.
    A built-in digital user interface will allow you to reassign controller buttons and more. Hyperkin will release more details on the RetroN 4 at the Midwest Gaming Classic, to be held March 23-24 in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
    As the prices of these classic game consoles in working condition continue to rise, this could be a cheaper and more space-efficient solution for those who want to enjoy the classics. Cloned systems like this aren’t usually 100 percent compatible with the classic cartridge libraries, but it’s a good-enough solution for casual players. Not to mention the fact that solutions for playing Game Boy Advance games on the television, besides buying a GameCube and a Game Boy Player, are in short supply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RetroN 4 Console Plays NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy — Through HDMI

The Hyperkin RetroN 3 console, pictured, plays classic Nintendo and Sega games. The RetroN 4, which the company will unveil later this month, will add Game Boy Advance support and HDMI output.

Game Boy busted? Super Nintendo toast? In need of new hardware to play your old games? A company called Hyperkin has built itself up providing just that — brand-new game consoles that play classic cartridges. On Tuesday, it announced what looks to be its most ambitious project ever: The RetroN 4 will feature four cartridge slots, allowing you to play cartridges from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Sega Genesis and for the first time the Game Boy Advance.
    As if that were not enough, it will also sport HDMI output. The currently available RetroN 3 consolesupports NES, SNES and Genesis, and has S-Video out. It will include a Bluetooth wireless controller, but also feature two controller ports for each console so you can plug in original control pads.
    A built-in digital user interface will allow you to reassign controller buttons and more. Hyperkin will release more details on the RetroN 4 at the Midwest Gaming Classic, to be held March 23-24 in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
    As the prices of these classic game consoles in working condition continue to rise, this could be a cheaper and more space-efficient solution for those who want to enjoy the classics. Cloned systems like this aren’t usually 100 percent compatible with the classic cartridge libraries, but it’s a good-enough solution for casual players. Not to mention the fact that solutions for playing Game Boy Advance games on the television, besides buying a GameCube and a Game Boy Player, are in short supply.

Damn, I bet that would cost a lot of money though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^No N64?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the looks of it, no. But here in San Antonio they have a store that sells all the retro games from Atari to N64 and beyond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I bet that would cost a lot of money though.
    I remember in the late 90's my neighbor had a similar console

He got it from Iran (lol), where they imported whatever electronics were available in Asia, but not in Europe / US

Some of the games on this console were wicked versions of famous games, and were made exclusively for this sytem : Super Mega Turbo Ninja Gaiden, Ultimate Double Dragon ... really much better versions, with crazy moves, etc .......
    There was also a version of Contra, but on steroids

On top of that, it came with built in adapters for NES and Super NES cartridges , so we could also play Mario, etc ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He got it from Iran (lol), where they imported whatever electronics were available in Asia, but not in Europe / US

Some of the games on this console were wicked versions of famous games, and were made exclusively for this sytem : Super Mega Turbo Ninja Gaiden, Ultimate Double Dragon ... really much better versions, with crazy moves, etc .......

On top of that, it came with built in adapters for NES and Super NES cartridges , so we could also play Mario, etc ....
    Damn, I would love to get a console like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also used to borrow Gameboys from various friends

When they released it, everybody thought it would fail " WTF monochrome ? "

But it was entertaining as

I wouldnt mind getting the original GB today, Im sure I would still have fun
    LOL, I remember everyone's reaction to Game Gear. Ooh, it's in color and it has Mortal Kombat, with blood! Then it just sucked when you played it. Man, tetris just made that system, and then Pokemon kept it alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I call bull ; there is no way possible to improve Ninja Gaiden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice to play Zelda OOT again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a lying mother er son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anythings possible I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, I remember everyone's reaction to Game Gear. Ooh, it's in color and it has Mortal Kombat, with blood! Then it just sucked when you played it. Man, tetris just made that system, and then Pokemon kept it alive.
    LOL that er was a battery life sucking leech.

Sonic was good on that though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice to play Zelda OOT again.
    Addictive neat game.

Even the soundtrack was catchy as . I still have midis of it on my desktop. Good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super metroid...one of my fav games of all time.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addictive neat game.

Even the soundtrack was catchy as . I still have midis of it on my desktop. Good times.

I remember when IGN said GTA4 was GOAT tier like OOT, GTA4 wasn't even Conker's BFD tier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 100 games in one cartridge...remember that ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two Intellivision consoles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 100 games in one cartridge...remember that ?
    Most of them games were putrid .

Thread Information