Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AS OKLAHOMA CITY marches into the NBA playoffs, questions will swirl around point guard Russell Westbrook. Will he shoot the Thunder to a le, or in the foot? Will he blow up the scoreboard, or just plain blow up? Will he revisit those camo pants from All-Star Weekend, or could he possibly rock Jeggings? Behold the wonder that is the NBA's biggest enigma -- sartorially, too.

First, a bit about Westbrook, the style icon. For the cover story of our Photo Issue, The Mag aimed to run a spread with a fashion-forward athlete who also happens to play a sport pretty well. Enter the NBA's freshest- and, at times, wackiest-dressed employee, a man Kevin Durant likens to Beyonce's alter-ego. "Oh, he's a diva," says Westbrook's co-star for the Thunder. "I call him Sasha Fierce. On the court, he's a fierce compe or. Off the court, he's chilling in front of the mirror, making sure he got the right lip balm on."

Indeed, Westbrook, 24, takes his look very seriously. Rather than employ a stylist, he shops on his own and works his closet like a math problem, mixing bottoms and tops, the louder the better, until an answer emerges. (Typically by the third try.) The key to Westbrook's look, though, is also the key to his game: fearlessness. That's how a 6-foot-3, 190-pound, shoot-first point guard defies the critics, lands a five-year, $80 million deal and winds up as the league's fifth-leading scorer.

Go ahead, call him out -- Westbrook can't hear you. "He don't care what people say when he plays or when he dresses up," says teammate Thabo Sefolosha. Adds Nick Collison: "He does what he likes to do. He knows what he is and he doesn't care what other people want him to be. That's how he plays and that's how he carries himself."

But beyond his sartorial guts, on-court surliness and explosive, play-how-I-wanna-play game, let's face it: We don't know much about Russell Westbrook III. To wit: The "Personal" section of his Wikipedia page consists of two notes. One mentions his fondness for lensless eyewear. The other, oddly, makes it very clear that he is not the cousin of former Eagles running back Brian Westbrook. That's it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...-espn-magazine

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's wrong with looking tight and fashionable?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AS OKLAHOMA CITY marches into the NBA playoffs, questions will swirl around point guard Russell Westbrook. Will he shoot the Thunder to a le, or in the foot? Will he blow up the scoreboard, or just plain blow up? Will he revisit those camo pants from All-Star Weekend, or could he possibly rock Jeggings? Behold the wonder that is the NBA's biggest enigma -- sartorially, too.

First, a bit about Westbrook, the style icon. For the cover story of our Photo Issue, The Mag aimed to run a spread with a fashion-forward athlete who also happens to play a sport pretty well. Enter the NBA's freshest- and, at times, wackiest-dressed employee, a man Kevin Durant likens to Beyonce's alter-ego. "Oh, he's a diva," says Westbrook's co-star for the Thunder. "I call him Sasha Fierce. He wants to be the biggest name in the trio and I'm pretty sure he'd suck Jay Z's ."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...-espn-magazine
    ftfy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Westbrook is a got for real.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What, that's a sweet shirt! Nothing wrong with rocking a shirt with fishing lures on it.....TBH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outed by his own teammate.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't understand Russ's choice of wardrobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how long til we read about insane meth-fueled orgies at Westbrooks home, with various white boys pumping loads into this ass, doing rails off his cawk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH...I would def sport that outfit in the first article...In fact, if the Spurs make it to the finals, Ima wear that to a playoff game in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer Westbrooks 'I dont give a ' wardrobe than his game tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blue Steel..

Last edited by BatManu20; 04-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb nickname.

That's an insult to Beyoncé, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    looking nice and fashionable is cool. but this is a very childish sense of fashion, which is fitting for who he is.

i know a lot of people here don't like Kobe, but he dresses in a far more adult-like manner than many NBA players, who choose to dress either like hood-rats or 15 year old hipsters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking nice and fashionable is cool. but this is a very childish sense of fashion, which is fitting for who he is.

i know a lot of people here don't like Kobe, but he dresses in a far more adult-like manner than many NBA players, who choose to dress either like hood-rats or 15 year old hipsters.

Had to be done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's hanging out too much with Magic's kid, tbh...

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kidding, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ashamed to have the thunder players on my home team. What a bunch of fudge packers.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yeah i considered posting it myself, to avoid the inevitable spurfan posting of that, but meh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta understand, Westbrook dresses himself, some people shouldn't dress themselves. Westbrook is one of them

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything to distract one's attention from his unconscionable chuckery tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the ing gayest quote by Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook seems so suited to be a Laker.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take everything fashion-wise from this forum with a grain of salt. I'd love to see a pic of at least one of you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ, doesnt understand that the best clothes are always ones that best fit your image. He looks like a trying hard wanna model...Someone needs to give him a reality check.

Kobe and Tony Parker are the only tow guys that i can think of that chooses the right cloths and can pull off a a "nice look"

Thread Information