Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

If it's a viable birth, it becomes murder that you are advocating.
    As already stated, a fetus does not have the protection of personhood... so, no.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'm not missing anything. What determines 'born alive'? Is a fetus in the 1st trimester a 'born alive infant'? To some pro-lifers it is.

It's easy how you construct the slippery slope from that.
    There's no slippery slope to this. Just admit you're wrong and you are not for murdering infants.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As already stated, a fetus does not have the protection of personhood... so, no.
    At what point is it not a fetus? Are all premies fetus's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no slippery slope to this. Just admit you're wrong and you are not for murdering infants.
    I made my position clear. I stand by it. I think Roe makes it pretty clear who's allowed to makes decisions and when, and I agree with it.

At what point is it not a fetus? Are all premies fetus's?
    Much like when does life 'begins', there's no scientific answer to that. We can exchange opinions for 20 posts and not only it doesn't matter, it won't answer the question either.

That's what the SCOTUS faced back in Roe vs Wade. And the reality is that a fairly balanced compromise was reached. It gives 1/3 of the pregnancy decision-making solely to the mother and doctor, and 2/3 to the State.

I think it's a reasonable compromise. I think the mother should have that decision-making power for some time after pregnancy is detected.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's the logic behind this? If a baby survives an abortion and is alive outside of the womb, and someone kills it, how is that not murder? I want some abortion lovers to explain that to me. Step up and explain it to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the logic behind this? If a baby survives an abortion and is alive outside of the womb, and someone kills it, how is that not murder?
    hence new law in FLA apparently addressing that. legal personhood is not just whatever it means for purposes of morality, it is a definable legal custom that varies from state to state.

change the custom, and you change the moral calculus. short of outlawing abortion the state can make it very inconvenient for providers.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone called inducing an abortion a miscarriage.
    Rick Santorum and his wife did.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I think it is really sad when tens of thousands of irresponsible kunts bring babies into this world that they have no intention or means of giving that baby a fighting chance of becoming a mainstream citizen.
    Not all of the women who have an abortion have been irresponsible. And not all of the people who have made the irresponsible decisions that can lead to unwanted/unexpected pregnancy are woman.

Vitriolic rambling about "tens of thousands of irresponsible cunts" does nothing to help your argument.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think it is really sad when tens of thousands of irresponsible kunts"

typical right winger, blaming exclusively the vaginas, not the penises.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's what the SCOTUS faced back in Roe vs Wade. And the reality is that a fairly balanced compromise was reached. It gives 1/3 of the pregnancy decision-making solely to the mother and doctor, and 2/3 to the State.
    When the father has no say and is automatically on the hook for 18 years of mandatory "child support" (which is really a wealth transfer to the mother) if she decided to keep the baby, that isn't "fairly balanced" at all. Just saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the father has no say and is automatically on the hook for 18 years of mandatory "child support" (which is really a wealth transfer to the mother) if she decided to keep the baby, that isn't "fairly balanced" at all. Just saying.
    I don't think economics had anything to do with Roe vs Wade's decision. It's all about the mother's safety. The fact that health-wise it's less risky to abort in the first trimester than actually give birth was a major driver on the decision. The father economic concerns don't enter that picture.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know that women hate hearing this but abortion is sexist. It clearly favors the woman and s the guy over big time. And don't give me this of "every guy will leave his baby momma or that every guy wants his woman to abort". Where is the outrage on this? I thought there was suppose to be gender equality. It takes a man and a woman to make a baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor little men, always powerless, always there with lifetime $$$ commitment to their spawn.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    poor little men, always powerless, always there with lifetime $$$ commitment to their spawn.
    Is it equal rights when the woman has a choice, and the man doesn't?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pro-choice should be women's choice since the man has no choice or say in the matter.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Pro-choice should be women's choice since the man has no choice or say in the matter.
    Typical hypocrisy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What health issues does the man faces during the woman's pregnancy, doctors?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    What health issues does the man faces during the woman's pregnancy, doctors?
    I'll bet health concerns of the woman are less than 1% of abortions. Women more often have an abortion for financial reasons. The sperm donor has no say in such matters, but is legally responsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet health concerns of the woman are less than 1% of abortions. Women more often have an abortion for financial reasons. The sperm donor has no say in such matters, but is legally responsible.
    You're conflating two different things:

A) Why do women do it

vs

B) Why women get to decide at all (regardless of what the decision is or what's the motive)

This thread is discussing B. You're ing about A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Fla govt. wants to make a law that if an abortion is botched, and the child comes out alive then the aborted baby has to be protected. I agree. No brainer. Until Planned Parenthood decided to fight it. It looks like this is part Planned Parenthood shouldn't have gotten into the fight. But also they have a pretty dumb spokesperson answering the questions.

The quote above wasn't her only stupid remark. If you get past the pro-life facts and sappy music, there are some gems from her. For instance, not wanting to save an infant because it could be in a rural area and take an hour to get to a real hospital.

Planned Parenthood released this in response to their infanticide statements by their spokesperson.

http://www.ppaction.org/site/PageSer...campaign=ppact
    Do you have a transcript for that hearing?

Listened to it and it was quite clear that it was edited in places.

Abortion foes' tend to lie a lot in their propaganda, so I would not care to take this for anything other than pablum for the converted without it.

I would further point out that no few peoples defintion of "baby" is any fertilized egg. Kind of blurs the issue when one person tries to talk about "breathing" babies, when babies can't actually breathe until after 25 weeks or so.
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnanc...fresh-air.aspx

For someone whose party claps at the thought of poor people without health insurance dying because they can't pay, you seem awfully eager to have $1,000,000 "babies" kept alive.

That is about how much the average premature infant costs the health care system, just in the first year or so, to my expert understanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you are too lazy to actually find the real percentage.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like your issue is with the child support structure then. That's probably a better route to go with your argument, vs. the idea that the man should have equal say in determining whether or not a woman has to endure 40 weeks of pregnancy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insofar as babies who are born are people... and killing people is a crime... it seems like this is an altogether unnecessary piece of legislation designed to rile folks up over nothing. Looks like it worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe there is a rampant baby-slaughtering issue in Florida... in which case... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I bet you are too lazy to actually find the real percentage.
    On this topic, yes. I have no desire to find the real number, but with modern medicine like it is...

Thread Information