Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think people have a right to be disappointed after investing 8 years into a show for it to end with a fart rather than a bang.
    What a ing disappointment. Dexter should have killed himself with Deb. That would have been more satisfying for the fans who invested 8 years into this show. One of the worst series finale, ever.

Oh come on, you knew Deb would end up in the ocean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Seriously? It really isn't nitpicking. The show's writing has fallen off a cliff in the later seasons and last night's finale was a perfect example of rock bottom. I try to watch a show with an open mind, yet still can point out over 20 bull things per episode. How can you tell me that having a problem with things such as Dex leaving the hospital with Deb right in the middle of the open is nitpicking? Also, how can he survive a hurricane when he is driving right through it on his teeny boat? How can Batista come out of nowhere to save Dex in the middle of the hospital? How can the U.S. Marshall NOT KNOW that the guy he believed he was saving was all over the news for being a serial killer? He is in law enforcement! Why does Harrison all of a sudden love Hannah? Maybe because it is more convenient for the writers to say "hey, this might actually work out in Argentina". Give me a break.

These are big things and the show just glosses over these answers because the writers have already made bank from this cash cow of a show. And keep in mind, I don't watch a show just to hate it. There used to be a time that Dexter was one of my favorite shows so I just had to finish it. The way it has finished baffles me. It's even more baffling that some people think that this is still good television.
    Ok, so the whole premise of the show itself is ok and believable but him walking out with her body in the middle of a storm and him surviving the hurricane is bad? That doesn't make any sense. If you want to look at the show logically then of course you are going to find that doesn't make any sense. IT'S ENTERTAINMENT. What world do you live in that television makes any sense at all? , even "reality" tv is scripted so that people will watch it.
    If you watch a show expecting it to be completely logical then of course you will be disappointed but if you watch it to be entertained then that's exactly what is going to happen.

So funny to me that people point out all the loopholes and mistakes but have never once taken a crack at writing. Go hit Hollywood and show off some of your scripts then. Or better yet, don't watch shows that all you do is about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What a ing disappointment. Dexter should have killed himself with Deb. That would have been more satisfying for the fans who invested 8 years into this show. One of the worst series finale, ever.

Oh come on, you knew Deb would end up in the ocean.
    I disagree. I like the fact that he lived and has to live with the guilt of his decisions. In the end he goes home and has lost everything that meant anything to him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think people have a right to be disappointed after investing 8 years into a show for it to end with a fart rather than a bang.
    I watched it from beginning to end as well. I watched every show without missing. If I didn't like it or the direction it was going I would have stopped. I did that with True Blood because that show is bull and I thought it was going to be decent. When it continued to suck ass... I stopped watching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Ok, so the whole premise of the show itself is ok and believable but him walking out with her body in the middle of a storm and him surviving the hurricane is bad? That doesn't make any sense. If you want to look at the show logically then of course you are going to find that doesn't make any sense. IT'S ENTERTAINMENT. What world do you live in that television makes any sense at all? , even "reality" tv is scripted so that people will watch it.
    If you watch a show expecting it to be completely logical then of course you will be disappointed but if you watch it to be entertained then that's exactly what is going to happen.

So funny to me that people point out all the loopholes and mistakes but have never once taken a crack at writing. Go hit Hollywood and show off some of your scripts then. Or better yet, don't watch shows that all you do is about.
    The premise of the show is gold, it's the main reason I stuck with the show. True, it is very unlikely that there could ever be a forensic analyst who murders the bad guys in his spare time. I get that, by the same token what are the chances that a down-on-his-luck cancer-stricken chemistry teacher will become a meth kingpin and become the biggest drug lord on the planet? Both are very unlikely.

Knowing this does not mean that I forget about the execution and put my brain in a coma as I watch each show. Based on your line of thinking, a fictional story shouldn't give a crap about the execution, because after all, it is fictional.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The premise of the show is gold, it's the main reason I stuck with the show. True, it is very unlikely that there could ever be a forensic analyst who murders the bad guys in his spare time. I get that, by the same token what are the chances that a down-on-his-luck cancer-stricken chemistry teacher will become a meth kingpin and become the biggest drug lord on the planet? Both are very unlikely.

Knowing this does not mean that I forget about the execution and put my brain in a coma as I watch each show. Based on your line of thinking, a fictional story shouldn't give a crap about the execution, because after all, it is fictional.
    No, my point is that there are no rules or guidelines that need to be followed. Now if it ended with Dexter splitting in half with his "dark passenger" demon emerging then ok I would say maybe they went too far. You don't have to put your "brain in a coma" to enjoy something. Some stuff you just write off and let go. Could he just walk out with Deb like that without anyone noticing? Maybe not. But they wanted him to be able to take her to his boat in order to send her off the only way he knows how. Could they have done it differently? Yes, but then they only have a certain amount of time to fit everything in.
    Batista walking up on that dude? Chalk it up to them knowing the killer was after her and that two officers were always on duty. Why wouldn't those closest to her want to watch her?
    IT'S TELEVISION

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    No, my point is that there are no rules or guidelines that need to be followed. Now if it ended with Dexter splitting in half with his "dark passenger" demon emerging then ok I would say maybe they went too far. You don't have to put your "brain in a coma" to enjoy something. Some stuff you just write off and let go. Could he just walk out with Deb like that without anyone noticing? Maybe not. But they wanted him to be able to take her to his boat in order to send her off the only way he knows how. Could they have done it differently? Yes, but then they only have a certain amount of time to fit everything in.
    Batista walking up on that dude? Chalk it up to them knowing the killer was after her and that two officers were always on duty. Why wouldn't those closest to her want to watch her?
    IT'S TELEVISION
    I have to in order to enjoy Dexter.

Look I can see you really like the show and I did for awhile, too. No sense in arguing over that. I was merely trying to point out that many people notice things while watching tv shows (especially dramas) that can't happen in reality and it sours their impression on the given show. I happen to be one of those people and you don't. I happen to find it more enjoyable when the writers can find a way to be clever and not view its fans as credulous people.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it's no coincidence that the show went downhill after they killed doakes. The show worked best when he had a foil and they never were able to give him another one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have to in order to enjoy Dexter.

Look I can see you really like the show and I did for awhile, too. No sense in arguing over that. I was merely trying to point out that many people notice things while watching tv shows (especially dramas) that can't happen in reality and it sours their impression on the given show. I happen to be one of those people and you don't. I happen to find it more enjoyable when the writers can find a way to be clever and not view its fans as credulous people.
    They would have needed another episode or a longer finale to fit everything in. I liked the show, sure my wife and I made comments about how he just walked out with her but I liked the fact that he dropped her into the ocean like that. I would have been more upset if they had him dress up like a doctor and try to explain his way out of there.

Name
    Bruno
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it's no coincidence that the show went downhill after they killed Trinity.
    Fixed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    They would have needed another episode or a longer finale to fit everything in. I liked the show, sure my wife and I made comments about how he just walked out with her but I liked the fact that he dropped her into the ocean like that. I would have been more upset if they had him dress up like a doctor and try to explain his way out of there.
    You might be right. There was quite a lot of stuff that happened in this last episode. But maybe if the writers didn't spend so much time on silly side-plots (Masuka and his daughter being the main one for this season), there would be more time for the essentials.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll agree with that. John Lithgow was by far the best bad guy of any season.

Name
    Casey G.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Original showrunner's original ending:

“I haven’t shared this with anyone,” Philips told the site. “And I can tell you that this is what I personally would have done should I have stayed with the show. I chose not to stay with the show, and so everybody did what they did, and I had no problem with that…and I think they did a good job with the final episode. But here is what I personally would have pitched.“

“In the very last scene of the series,” Philips explained, “Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

“And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

“That’s what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter,” he concludes. “That everything we’ve seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter’s execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...nded-the-show/

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But what about Masuka's daughter!? Or the lieutenant who beat out Quinn for the job and just mysteriously disappeared from the show!? Why are these important questions not answered?

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Original showrunner's original ending
    That ending would have been fantastic. I really think Dexter should have died. This season basically tried to do too many things. There was Debra being all coked out while working undercover for Elway. Dr. Vogel showing up. The Brain Surgeon. Masuka's Daughter. Cassie and Dexter trying to date and him getting friend zoned. Debra and Elway getting close trying to frame his sister's womanizing boyfriend. Quinn, Jamie and all their bull fights. Quinn trying to make Sergeant. Zach Hamilton and Dexter trying to teach him The Code. Hannah showing up again. Debra convincing Elway to try and capture Hannah. Hannah's abusive and controlling husband. Dexter and Hannah getting back together. Cassie's boyfriend turning out to be Dr. Vogel's son. Zach Hamilton getting his head cut open. Dr. Vogel's son turning out to be The Brain Surgeon. Dr. Vogel getting her throat slit by her son. Elway getting all butthurt that Deb won't him. Elway calling in the Marshal to go after Hannah. Dexter and Hannah deciding to uproot his life in Miami and move to Argentina with Harrison. Deb and Quinn getting back together. Dexter hunting Vogel's son. The Marshal getting close to figuring out the Morgans are sheltering Hannah.... all of that before this finale.

That's way too much to cram into 12 episodes. I don't know WTF Showtime was smoking but the show really did go downhill after Trinity. I thought the season with the Doomsday killer was actually pretty ing good (aside from that crap about Debra realizing she's in love with Dexter), and last year wasn't so bad but Season 5 was and this season never really decided what it wanted to be. And that's a ty distinction to have for your final season. I'm really glad I don't have to watch Dexter anymore after putting up with their bull this year.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Many longtime Dexter fans were disappointed with the last episode. Now it's coming out
    that Showtime cable network told the producer that Dexter was not to be killed off.
    There was a lot of endings but Showtime said "he Lives". Blame Showtime not the
    show for what could have been a better ending.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Thanks Obama.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Many longtime Dexter fans were disappointed with the last episode. Now it's coming out
    that Showtime cable network told the producer that Dexter was not to be killed off.
    There was a lot of endings but Showtime said "he Lives". Blame Showtime not the
    show for what could have been a better ending.
    He could still have lived without its sucking so bad.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Never too late to try to fix the cluster ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i have no idea what they're gonna do but i'm down for it.

can't be any worse than how they left it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    TBH though, hannibal >>> dexter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The fact they're bringing the producer for the first 4 seasons back is promising. Season 5 was alright but seasons 6 - 8 were when it fell off a cliff.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully he rethinks how he wants it to end. Gonna be a real disappointment if he he gets the execution ending he already said he wanted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol BacktoBasics making an appearance

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i always thought the obvious way to end the show would have been for the cycle to begin again, with harrison being found in a pool of dexter's blood

Thread Information