Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am the LAW-ler!!!

Post Count
    Holy that was awful...

What on paper maybe should have been the best fight of 2013 was easily one of the worst..

meaning Mighty Mouse and Moraga are going to put on a war.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count

4-0 since I didn't realize that Lawler was fighting someone different.

MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga - for UFC flyweight le

Probably be a boring fight..

•Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory MacDonald

Could go either way and I think it is bound to be a great fight.. I'll take Jake by KO but Rory could KO him just as easily..

Robbie Lawler vs. Bobby Voelker

This guy is fighting On 2 weeks notice so Robbie better win..

•Jessica Andrade vs. Liz Carmouche

Liz should have too much experience..
    Your insights are staggering.

Post Count

Your insights are staggering.
    Says the guy who didn't even know the fight card.

Post Count
    Great

So update the picks dip ..

Post Count
    I re-watched Rory/Jake what a crap fest..

How is it that Jake with 34 fights total had no answer to someone jabbing him on the outside preventing him from loading up with power shots? I was amazed at his lack of footwork and head movement to get closer to Rory.. The few times he got close enough he did hit Rory.. But He never established his own jab. He basically stood outside and occasionally leaped in with a lead hook or right hand. He should look at that tape and just cry..

Post Count
    To be expected..

UFC on FOX 8 averages 2.04 million viewers, marking lowest overnight rating of event series

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/28...west-overnight

Post Count
    I re-watched Rory/Jake what a crap fest..

How is it that Jake with 34 fights total had no answer to someone jabbing him on the outside preventing him from loading up with power shots? I was amazed at his lack of footwork and head movement to get closer to Rory.. The few times he got close enough he did hit Rory.. But He never established his own jab. He basically stood outside and occasionally leaped in with a lead hook or right hand. He should look at that tape and just cry..
    Everyone is bagging Rory, but what kind of ability must you possess to do something like that to a fighter like Jake? It's almost worse than pounding someone to a pulp. He broke Jake's spirit and made him actually *afraid* to open up and try anything.

If that was Anderson Silva in Rory's place last night, everyone would have been lauding what a genius strategy it was, and talking about how he can dominate opponents without even engaging them.

To be expected..

UFC on FOX 8 averages 2.04 million viewers, marking lowest overnight rating of event series

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/28...west-overnight
    Midget fight

Everyone is bagging Rory, but what kind of ability must you possess to do something like that to a fighter like Jake? It's almost worse than pounding someone to a pulp. He broke Jake's spirit and made him actually *afraid* to open up and try anything.

If that was Anderson Silva in Rory's place last night, everyone would have been lauding what a genius strategy it was, and talking about how he can dominate opponents without even engaging them.
    Agree, just put yourself in the fighters shoes, if you were Rory and dominating with the jab why change it up and put yourself at risk (don't fix what ain't broken). Force your opponent to make an adjustment/take that risk.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Almost everybody went perfect on predictions

I liked this card. Few really nice fights. And Mighty is absolutely unbelievable! He just imposed his will and was close to perfect. I was thinking b4 this fight that Benavidez will beat him when they meet once again but wow, I don't know now.

Rory wtf MacDonald that should be his nickname a 'wtf'

Post Count
    Almost everybody went perfect on predictions

I liked this card. Few really nice fights. And Mighty is absolutely unbelievable! He just imposed his will and was close to perfect. I was thinking b4 this fight that Benavidez will beat him when they meet once again but wow, I don't know now.

Rory wtf MacDonald that should be his nickname a 'wtf'
    Johnson fought one of the most impressive fights I've ever seen at any level. Just complete domination, and his opponent was no slouch. I don't see anyone taking Mighty Mouse down.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Says the guy who didn't even know the fight card.
    Psssh, girl, only es pay attention to that kind of crap.

Apparently Dana wants Rory vs Lawler next

Post Count
    Lawler will probably be a good matchup for him, but I think Rory just walks through him. Watch the BJ Penn fight again. The striking he possesses is just crazy. He varies and throws feints like few other guys in the UFC. I don't see anyone beating him except for GSP.

Lawler is basically a less-good Ellenberger - Rory will destroy him.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lawler is basically a less-good Ellenberger - Rory will destroy him.
    Well Lawler can push himself more in a fight then Jake IMO, so the fight will be more open and then you never know.

Thread Information