Date: July 27, 2013

Venue: KeyArena
    Broadcast: FOX, FX, Facebook
    MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 5 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4 p.m. ET)

Last edited by ace3g; 07-15-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Wut?Wasn't Rory fighting Maia?

Post Count
    Rory/Ellenberger is an incredible fight..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count

Last edited by The TroutBum; 07-26-2013 at 03:38 PM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

lol

not fighting

Post Count
    If Rory wins he would be in line for a le shot..

Trouble in paradise at Tri-Star Gym..

Post Count
    If Rory wins he would be in line for a le shot..

Trouble in paradise at Tri-Star Gym..
    He should be already. 14-1 with only one loss and that to a top fighter in the fight of the night? Rory vs. St. Pierre would be a fantastic fight.

Post Count
    He should be already. 14-1 with only one loss and that to a top fighter in the fight of the night? Rory vs. St. Pierre would be a fantastic fight.
    Nah he has not beaten anyone yet. BJ Penn is a LW past his prime and his other wins are against unranked opponents. That said the UFC will likely push him to the front if he beats Jake who is legit top 3..

Post Count
    Nah he has not beaten anyone yet. BJ Penn is a LW past his prime and his other wins are against unranked opponents. That said the UFC will likely push him to the front if he beats Jake who is legit top 3..
    You can only beat the guys you've fought.

Post Count
    You can only beat the guys you've fought.
    Yeah but that makes the 14-1 less impressive the media having him ranked ahead of Jake is moronic.. But it is a very exciting fight..

Post Count

Stoked on this card. Would love to see rory get a le shot but I hope it's against Hendricks

Post Count
    Stoked on this card. Would love to see rory get a le shot but I hope it's against Hendricks
    If Rory becomes champ he badly needs to develop a personality. He comes off like he hates any and all media obligations and I bet he is the same way with the fans..

Post Count
    If Rory becomes champ he badly needs to develop a personality. He comes off like he hates any and all media obligations and I bet he is the same way with the fans..
    Well screw it. Let him be who he is.

Post Count

Moraga might be a tough dude but Johnson is the guy that beat Benavidez and Creepy, and that tells how good the guy is.

Jake can be at his best and it's possible he can handle Rory on his feet as MacDonald is not that great but all in all overall IMO Rory can mix things up for the victory. Both guys determined so the fight should be awesome.

Don't know the other chick

Post Count
    Rory/Jake is a tough one to call.. One of the toughest fight picks I have seen in some time. Jake has the wrestling and power to KO anyone at WW and is in his prime. He has loads of experience at 29-6 (8-2 UFC) he is seasoned.. He is also coming off a great fight against Nate Marquardt. Rory on the other hand is much less experienced but clearly seriously talented but may be a tad overhyped at this point. This will be the first great test for him since the Condit loss when he was younger and likely not what he is today. I have some questions about Rory's TDD but I think Jake will try for the KO which increases Rory's chances to win as his striking looked really crisp and versatile in the Penn fight.. Jake has shown a suspect chin in the past which may come back to haunt him..

Tough Tough fight to call..

Champ Demetrius Johnson v. John Moraga - Mighty Mouse has looked very good in his last few fights, and I think that he's the man to beat for awhile. It doesn't hurt that the division just isn't that deep.

Rory MacDonald v. Jake Ellenberger - I jumped on the Rory fan train several years ago and I'm not about to get off now. This is going to be an awesome fight.

Robbie Lawler v. Bobby Voelker - Lawler looked great against Koscheck his last time out.

Liz Carmouchev. Jessica Andrade - Basically just picking Liz because I know who she is...

Yves Edwards v. Daron Cruickshank - It's hard picking against Thugjitsu, but have the feeling he's about hit the end of his road. It's been a long career and I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.

Post Count
    This card is solid but it is not one that will bring in big ratings..

I expect the numbers to be bad for this one..

Post Count
    Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga - for UFC flyweight le
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory MacDonald
    Robbie Lawler vs. Bobby Voelker
    Jessica Andrade vs. Liz Carmouche

This card is solid but it is not one that will bring in big ratings..

I expect the numbers to be bad for this one..
    I tend to agree with you. Actual mma fans will enjoy the card, because it's pretty strong top-to-bottom, but Johnson is not quite the household name yet, even though he is the champ.

Post Count

Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga - for UFC flyweight le

Probably be a boring fight..

•Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory MacDonald

Could go either way and I think it is bound to be a great fight.. I'll take Jake by KO but Rory could KO him just as easily..

Robbie Lawler vs. Bobby Voelker

This guy is fighting On 2 weeks notice so Robbie better win..

•Jessica Andrade vs. Liz Carmouche

Liz should have too much experience..

with some good exchanges

Post Count
    This is a sick fight..

Thread Information