Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sad because he could be a plus based on his playoff experience with this team but kind of EXCITED too who the Spurs are going to sign for the playoffs...

I am thinking of someone who can really score & defend but it's ridiculous even to say it..so I just zip it and wait..
    They're not signing anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right; losing to Phoenix in the first would have been no big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Tony & Manu are still recuperating.I think they are ready. But just resting & be ready fo the playoffs otherwise Pop won't do a drastic move like this one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, what happens with Jack's guarantee everyone will be healthy for the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our pets' heads...

are falling off.

that's classic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are taking their team picture as we speak...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You think I'm here to amuse you?
    "No, Tommy, you got it wro..."

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a funny guy!
    That's it Hendry!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, we're not on the hook for the $11mm due to RJ next year and all it cost us was Festus Ezeli. Jackson scored in double digits three times since Feb 1 and all came in losses. I cringe every time he bricks a shot and it's scary to think he'd be given the green light in the playoffs. He just regressed a LOT this year and would have been a complete liability offensively in any playoff floor time he saw. The one thing we will miss is his toughness on Durant should we make it that far. The West is pretty weak at SF outside of KD anyway, so hopefully by that point Diaw will be available and get some minutes on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just a lose - lose situation.

We lose a body at the very least, when we're short on bodies. It's a distraction right before the playoffs. I know Timmy was a big fan of Jax as a teammate, it can't help but hurt morale.

For Jackson, I do think he's following the Allen Iverson route. He's not what he was, he's burned every bridge and he doesn't realize he's on his last chance... I would be surprised if he's on an NBA roster next year.

I tend to give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt. Pop and RC are not stupid, and they know they're injured. Jax must have turned into a daily nightmare for them to make this move now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Jackson is nearing the end of his contract and he realizes he won't be able to afford his lifestyle without another big payday. That payday wasn't going to come with him producing poorly in a limited role. He needed a larger role with more shots and more opportunities to showcase himself. It's not about winning; it's not about the team. With him it's about money.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Jackson is nearing the end of his contract and he realizes he won't be able to afford his lifestyle without another big payday. That payday wasn't going to come with him producing poorly in a limited role. He needed a larger role with more shots and more opportunities to showcase himself. It's not about winning; it's not about the team. With him it's about money.
    That's a stupid hypothesis. I thought better of you than this , Jag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a huge blow to the Spurs le chances.

Never mind the question marks about what this does to team morale, who is going to fill the minutes, and if the Spurs are going to bring in anybody else (who probably wouldn't get minutes anyways).

It boils down to this: if the Spurs want to win the le, they are going to have to go through both Durant and Lebron. Kawhi is great, but he can't do it by himself against two of the biggest foul-drawers in the league. Jackson was the only other person who could reasonably fill that void which is now gaping wide open, especially with Diaw being out.

The most likely scenario is Green will slide over to fill some of the backup SF minutes...and that's going to fail miserably.

No silver lining here. This just sucks. And frankly, it's just as much on Jax for being immature about his role as it is Pop for having a short fuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has a presser coming up soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, we're not on the hook for the $11mm due to RJ next year and all it cost us was Festus Ezeli. Jackson scored in double digits three times since Feb 1 and all came in losses. I cringe every time he bricks a shot and it's scary to think he'd be given the green light in the playoffs. He just regressed a LOT this year and would have been a complete liability offensively in any playoff floor time he saw. The one thing we will miss is his toughness on Durant should we make it that far. The West is pretty weak at SF outside of KD anyway, so hopefully by that point Diaw will be available and get some minutes on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and the Jack for RJ trade was still a great trade. One of the better ones in Spurs history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has a presser coming up soon
    Is it live?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What in the name of **** is going on with the reactions in this thread?

This is OBVIOUSLY a good decision. The Spurs are worse offensively and defensively with him on the floor -- he most certainly shouldn't be receiving ANY postseason minutes. Therefore, they released him. They could've kept him to be a towel-waver, but he has a history (recent history even, it sounds like) of being disgruntled, and releasing a player like that is VERY obviously the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most likely scenario is Green will slide over to fill some of the backup SF minutes...and that's going to fail miserably.
    Don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a stupid hypothesis. I thought better of you than this , Jag.
    Shut your old senile ass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain's supposed to go down with the ship

Aye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a huge blow to the Spurs le chances.

Never mind the question marks about what this does to team morale, who is going to fill the minutes, and if the Spurs are going to bring in anybody else (who probably wouldn't get minutes anyways).

It boils down to this: if the Spurs want to win the le, they are going to have to go through both Durant and Lebron. Kawhi is great, but he can't do it by himself against two of the biggest foul-drawers in the league. Jackson was the only other person who could reasonably fill that void which is now gaping wide open, especially with Diaw being out.

No silver lining here. This just sucks. And frankly, it's just as much on Jax for being immature about his role as it is Pop for having a short fuse.
    True. But this wasn't the dagger. Tbh, we need a healthy Manu more than Jack. We aren't most likely getting Manu at 100%. I've accepted our fate when Manu's news came out. It just sucks that Tim has had a resurgence year and it's come to this for him. He deserves better.

Thread Information