Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    NBA = Fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes can fill in at power forward depending on matchups. Idiot.
    Yeah...not unless the other team plays 2 centers. He's bigger than all of our other 4/5s. He's the center by default. The only time he would possibly be a PF is on defense if he played with Tim and only if the opposing center was like Al Jefferson, he'd still be the center on offense.

why are you so buttfrustrated though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this assessment. If these Spurs cannot work McGrady in the flow then that says as much about them as it does about him.
    What about the whole "He hasn't been here long enough to learn the system" argument that everyone on here uses for when late signings don't get any significant playing time?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the whole "He hasn't been here long enough to learn the system" argument that everyone on here uses for when late signings don't get any significant playing time?
    Everyone completely ignores the NBA experience corollary to that system rule.

Unless he's a different player than he was last season though, he's only going to get real playing time due to injury. The Spurs do have those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All T-Mac's signing does is guarantee a first round exit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another freakish move by the Spurs, but I like it. TMac can help if he is in decent shape and can adapt to the Spurs system, big IF on the adapt part. Playing in China should have kept him in pretty good shape and his numbers look good.
    It has to be Diaw insurance with some KL backup minutes. In his prime, I always liked TMac, except for that damn Houston game where he went into video game mode and lit up the Spurs in under a minute. At least the other team knows that kind of streak is in him. He should keep the defense honest.

My head is still spinning, wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw got significant time immediately after he was brought in, and he had zero experience in the system. The reason for that was because the Spurs were glaringly thin on the front line...just like they are on the wing right now.

I don't think anyone can really predict how TMac would be used. History says he won't see much time, but with Jackson gone and Manu and Diaw possibly out for the first round, the Spurs will likely need all hands on deck. Kawhi, Green, and Neal can't hold down both SG and SF by themselves.

If they were just going to leave him on the bench, injuries notwithstanding, what is the point of bringing him in at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like, he can also play in the small lineup with Manu, Kawhi, Tony and Timmy
    Small lineups are eaten alive in the playoffs unless u have Durant or Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ again there goes my train of thought^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I understood it, the Spurs wanted him here at the beginning of the season... He CHOSE to go to China, make more, play in front of all the fans he had made from the Yao era Rockets, and save his body some in a less taxing league, and probably eyed signing with a contender at the end like this.... I could be wrong tho. Anybody got that happening differently??
    From McGrady's standpoint, you join an awesome organization just for the playoffs (not having to put up with the grind a full NBA season) and if things work out you could get a good offer from the Spurs, and if not...the boost of Chinese fans will help his bargaining power in the Chinese league. From Spurs stand point, he's better than nothing, and could very well be a spark needed to get the team believing in themselves again. I also find it highly exciting to see what a guy like McGrady could be in a system where he is meant to be purely a role player. Spurs lack so much confidence/toughness/concentration right now; adding McGrady just may give them the "mental clean slate" needed to get back on track.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac will play in some role or else the Spurs would not have brought him in at all. Spurs are not going to bring anyone in with that many miles without an inkling to use him.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please stay healthy. As talented as TMAC is, his career lately has been full of injuries. Reminds me alot of Manu. When healthy and in rhythm they are one of the best in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone completely ignores the NBA experience corollary to that system rule.

Unless he's a different player than he was last season though, he's only going to get real playing time due to injury.
    Ahh.. the NBA Experience Corollary Rules... forgot all about those. Could we get a specfic formula perhaps? It's so exciting to think I will be able to sit down and figure out just awesome Mcgrady will fit in and help the spurs before his 1st game even!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGrady is finished as an NBA player. if he wasn't he would have been on an NBA roster this year instead of playing in China. It was desperate move because there were no other options. They just put a body with NBA experience on the roster. Typical Spurs move getting washed up players and this board goes nuts with excitement.
    In his last 2 stints in the NBA - ATL and Detroit, he put up WP/48 of 0.150+ . That's better than scrap, which was pretty much our other choices...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregory Popovich ‏@FakeCoachPop 52m I signed McGrady so we can use his home which saves us $84,000 in hotel costs for the 1st round in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent addition

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this.
    No one is saying he is gonna save the Spurs (if they need saving at all).
    All fans should be happy he is back, regardless of what he can or cant do.
    Lets hope he stays healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From McGrady's standpoint, you join an awesome organization just for the playoffs (not having to put up with the grind a full NBA season) and if things work out you could get a good offer from the Spurs, and if not...the boost of Chinese fans will help his bargaining power in the Chinese league. From Spurs stand point, he's better than nothing, and could very well be a spark needed to get the team believing in themselves again. I also find it highly exciting to see what a guy like McGrady could be in a system where he is meant to be purely a role player. Spurs lack so much confidence/toughness/concentration right now; adding McGrady just may give them the "mental clean slate" needed to get back on track.
    T-Mac never had that at any point of his career.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh.. the NBA Experience Corollary Rules... forgot all about those. Could we get a specfic formula perhaps?
    It's so simple I know you'd never get it.
    It's so exciting to think I will be able to sit down and figure out just awesome Mcgrady will fit in and help the spurs before his 1st game even!
    Whatever you do, you find it more exciting that watching Spurs games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can everyone shut up about supers ious bull surrounding this guy? Take the signing for what it's worth, and let the past be the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This certainly is a most curious, if not desperate, signing. However, what choice did the Spurs have? After all, someone has to relive Kawai. I certainly don't know what McGrady has left in his tank, but I do know he played backup PG almost exclusively for the Hawks last year. Given the choice of seeing Gary Neal dribble the ball into traffic and continuously make one bad decision after another, while throwing one bad pass after another, I'd rather see McGrady handle the rock and give the team some honest scoring. Still, as others have said, McGrady probably will not see many minutes at all in the playoffs. This is a "warm body" signing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Rodney's number was retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I HAD ... absolutely HAD To comment ... I hardly EVER post anymore but I could NOT resist ... My Favorite player in The history of The sport playing on my Favorite Team in my Favorite sport ... LETS GET THIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac never had that at any point of his life.
    Fify

Thread Information