Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TMac only trip to the Finals

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The guy literally never made one basket with the Spurs lol. That’s something I always remember about his time here.
    Pop never played him enough, put him in with like 2 or 3 mins left in the game, garbage time mins. With his shot he never got comfortable as a Spur imo. Needed more playing time with the system they were running under Pop. I was hoping he would score a point. Anyone have a stat of how many mins Tmac played as a Spur?

He should have signed sooner in 2013 to get more playing time and experience with Spurs roster and system. Not Tmac's fault, just didn't play enough it was weird.
    Last edited by Chillen; 07-05-2021 at 12:45 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like the signing.
    Not TMac's fault that Gregg threw it all away.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop never played him enough, put him in with like 2 or 3 mins left in the game, garbage time mins. With his shot he never got comfortable as a Spur imo. Needed more playing time with the system they were running under Pop. I was hoping he would score a point. Anyone have a stat of how many mins Tmac played as a Spur?

He should have signed sooner in 2013 to get more playing time and experience with Spurs roster and system. Not Tmac's fault, just didn't play enough it was weird.
    He was always going to be a contingency plan / lightning in a bottle type of guy for that season.
    IIRC he was still trying to fully get back into game shape is part of it.'
    On another team, he might've been given more opportunity. But he went into with the understanding he was ring chasing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never looked ready to contribute, but yeah, Pop basically kept him glued to the bench.

I don't really understand the mentality of the aging former superstar who's willing to just sit on the bench in order to ring. Maybe there's a feeling that when they're looked up in the history books it will include a championship on the resume, and after so many years folks will forget they did nothing to earn it.

It just seems odd to me. As a compe or I don't think that's the way I'd want to get it. If I didn't actually contribute to achieving that accomplishment it would feel somewhat hollow and bittersweet I would think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never looked ready to contribute, but yeah, Pop basically kept him glued to the bench.

I don't really understand the mentality of the aging former superstar who's willing to just sit on the bench in order to ring. Maybe there's a feeling that when they're looked up in the history books it will include a championship on the resume, and after so many years folks will forget they did nothing to earn it.

It just seems odd to me. As a compe or I don't think that's the way I'd want to get it. If I didn't actually contribute to achieving that accomplishment it would feel somewhat hollow and bittersweet I would think.
    T-Mac was cursed. Never made to the 2nd round during his prime. And then he finishes his career, being 28 seconds away from a ring only for it to slip out of his hands and be part of one of the worst losses in Spurs history.

Thread Information