Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny the so called experts think TMAC won't see any playing time or more than a couple of minutes or unless someone breaks a leg. Have yall forgotten a much stricter Pop overplayed a bag Van Exel whom singlehandely cost us at least one game in the Mav series?? And you think TMAC would sign if they had told him beforehand he won't see any time?

TMAC will play, at least the first few games. Then he'll be either a bust bigger than van exel and Spurs will be the laughingstock of the league(which they already are) or he could possibly help the depleted Spurs get out of the 1st round. He's instantly the 3rd best passer in the team with Diaw and Manu gone. If he can fill a Jaque Vaughn role he could fulfill his dream of going to round 2.

point is TMAC will get his chance to prove himself.
    Last edited by hater; 04-17-2013 at 04:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perhaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be the laughingstock of the league(which they already are)
    ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl and analysts already expecting a round 1 loss from these spurs and joking about it. Which is not farfetched at all, but still they probably are the least respected playoff team this season. Not that they don't deserve it, but IMO even the Lakers getting more respect than the Spurs at this junction, is pretty jacked up.

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible take, "laughingstock of the league", we all know how much people like to laugh at prolonged success. 0/10, GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible take, "laughingstock of the league", we all know how much people like to laugh at prolonged success. 0/10, GTFO.

ppl and analysts already expecting a round 1 loss from these spurs and joking about it. Which is not farfetched at all, but still they probably are the least respected playoff team this season. Not that they don't deserve it, but IMO even the Lakers getting more respect than the Spurs at this junction, is pretty jacked up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're saying the Bucks and the Hawks are probably more respected than the Spurs, dayum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're saying the Bucks and the Hawks are probably more respected than the Spurs, dayum.
    those teams are getting the proper respect their seeding and conference calls for. Same thing cannot be said about the Spurs. Far from it most analysts are claiming Lakers and Houston are fighting to face Spurs in round 1.
    Last edited by hater; 04-17-2013 at 05:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we all know Mr Popovich.

T-Mac won't play unless someone is hurt or if Pop gets desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well IMO he already proved he's desperate by releasing Jax and signing TMac. I agree if Spurs dominate round1, we probably won't see him. but that's the thing, Spurs won't dominate round 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those teams are getting the proper respect their seeding and conference calls for. Same thing cannot be said about the Spurs. Far from it most analysts are claiming Lakers and Houston are fighting to face Spurs in round 1.
    The reason they are fighting for 7th seed is because, fully healthy OKC >> injured Spurs. That's not disrespect, that's just common sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason they are fighting for 7th seed is because, fully healthy OKC >> injured Spurs. That's not disrespect, that's just common sense.
    this. If Westbrook was gimpy and Kevin Martin was out, while the Spurs were healthy and rolling, I'm sure teams would prefer facing OKC. that wouldn't make the Thunder a laughingstock tbh
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-17-2013 at 05:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chump doesn't think so now because timvp said so lol

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...with the Spurs not having two former rotation players he's going to play in the first round at the very least and get his chance to show if he can help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just crossing my fingers that if he does get playing time he doesn't embarrass himself
    Last edited by pikkiwoki; 04-17-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But does he know the system?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the matchup, tbh.

silverblk mystix
    chump - the self proclaimed D-league expert - doesn't think so now because timvp said so lol
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feeling that we'll end up playing houston instead of LA lol. Storyline" Tmac finally makes it out the first round against houston rather than with them". Hopefully he doesn't bring the first round curse of losing with him(fingers crossed).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make any sense really, to me at least. Even, timvp said he would be shocked if he got any PT. Why the else would we pick him up? Surely not solely as insurance for Ginobili.

I'm a little excited, and hopeful he can contribute right away in the 1st round..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the coach. Pop likes to take a long time before he even lets a player see the floor. I would not be surprised to see Blair used at the SF while TMAC is just a body for insurance against further injury at the SF. He will only see the floor with a blow out score, either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tmac will probably back up Kawhi and get some minutes in the backcourt.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see a small market team, probably the most successful franchise over the last 16 years,voted the best run organization in sports, becomes disrespected by people who were born...

Now.

Welcome to consciousness hater.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think TMac will get playing time in the playoffs simply from the fact they do not have a true 3 that can come off the bench. Sure if Diaw was healthy you may be able to play him at the 3. Also, what needs to be considered is how awful the Spurs are on the boards. I can't remember the last time they won the rebounding battle in a game. TMac is a decent rebounding 3 at 6'8" with a 7'2" wingspan. The Spurs can't survive with Parker, Neal, Ginobili as their 1-3 positions on the glass off the bench.

Thread Information