Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many smart phones can act as internet portals, depending on where you are. A laptop or the phone itself will work.
    I do use it sometimes but get tired of autocorrect on swype

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI and the rest resorting to Social Media to solve their crimes

What ever happened to good old fashioned investigative work, forensic and working the field and going by the book?

this ing internet generation is ing pathetic. ing FBI agents combing the internet for clues when they should be combing the streets

sad times we live in

seriously, just because the american public and Dronebama want heads to roll, they have to go social media on this? Russian Intelligence student Popovich is not pleased

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atleast they didn't use wikepedia

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    FBI and the rest resorting to Social Media to solve their crimes

What ever happened to good old fashioned investigative work, forensic and working the field and going by the book?

this ing internet generation is ing pathetic. ing FBI agents combing the internet for clues when they should be combing the streets

sad times we live in

seriously, just because the american public and Dronebama want heads to roll, they have to go social media on this? Russian Intelligence student Popovich is not pleased
    You act like the FBI just sent this out and then sat back in their chairs and refreshed their twitter page for the rest of the day. Why wouldn't they use every source at their disposal, especially when one of those sources is hundreds of people with cameras at the scene they could have a key to breaking the case as soon as possible.

Seriously, you are one of the dumbest ing people whose existence I have ever been aware of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like the FBI just sent this out and then sat back in their chairs and refreshed their twitter page for the rest of the day. Why wouldn't they use every source at their disposal, especially when one of those sources is hundreds of people with cameras at the scene they could have a key to breaking the case as soon as possible.
    and as soon as posible, the real terrorists might be far, far from here. There was a time when criminal investigations were kept in the DL

but go ahead and believe the PIs working out of their PJs at home can break the case

do you even know how a criminal investigation works? it is based on physical evidence and leads, not "@" head tweeting the pic of a brownie in a backpack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atleast they didn't use wikepedia

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and as soon as posible, the real terrorists might be far, far from here. There was a time when criminal investigations were kept in the DL

but go ahead and believe the PIs working out of their PJs at home can break the case

do you even know how a criminal investigation works? it is based on physical evidence and leads, not "@" head tweeting the pic of a brownie in a backpack
    OK, tell us how you would run this criminal investigation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cheguevara you were was captured by CIA-assisted Bolivian forces and summarily executed. How you get out of that?>

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    how are they supposed to get it on the "DL" that they are investing a ing bombing.

do you even know how a criminal investigation works? it is based on physical evidence and leads,
    Exactly. If someone was filming their friend cross the finish line and happened to catch a good glimpse of the suspect, then that tape is evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, tell us how you would run this criminal investigation.
    thank you. someone gets it. As I said, leave that to the professionals and all the pseudo ivestigators go back to what they're good at, tweeting and theorizing on Kardasian's next STD infection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how are they supposed to get it on the "DL" that they are investing a ing bombing.

Exactly. If someone was filming their friend cross the finish line and happened to catch a good glimpse of the suspect, then that tape is evidence.
    sure don't get me wrong. I agree social media has its uses, but tweeting every break in the case and posting pictures of random fools is just going to help the bad guys IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you. someone gets it. As I said, leave that to the professionals and all the pseudo ivestigators go back to what they're good at, tweeting and theorizing on Kardasian's next STD infection
    But wait, those are the professionals asking for information -- something they do in every high profile case with hundreds of possible witnesses.

The difference between this investigation and others really hasn't been established other than the delivery method of some of the tips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But wait, those are the professionals asking for information -- something they do in every high profile case with hundreds of possible witnesses.

The difference between this investigation and others really hasn't been established other than the delivery method of some of the tips.
    IMO the way they are using this new delivery method is not really a 1 way delivery method anymore. It is more like a conversation, and the speed of it makes it almost like a real time conversation. That's my point. It's completely different. COuld it affect the investigation? sure, the amount of new leads each day could make investigators abandon loose ends that they would have pursued without social media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't win... if they keep it in the down low, then it's "What's the government hiding?"... if they go public... "LOL, amateurs"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO the way they are using this new delivery method is not really a 1 way delivery method anymore. It is more like a conversation, and the speed of it makes it almost like a real time conversation. That's my point. It's completely different. COuld it affect the investigation? sure, the amount of new leads each day could make investigators abandon loose ends that they would have pursued without social media
    Not terribly different from opening a hotline or posting a web address for tips, which has been done for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so why does the public has access to such images and video footage ahead of the investigators and already ahead of the investigating, using that as evidence and source for lead?

remember the good old days where they would go off on assumptions and base it on that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not terribly different from opening a hotline or posting a web address for tips, which has been done for years.
    when have media outlets posted images of a hotline/web tip before they even reach the FBI?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so why does the public has access to such images and video footage ahead of the investigators and already ahead of the investigating, using that as evidence and source for lead?
    What is your proof the public had the images and video before the investigators.

Sure they posted all their pictures of anyone with a backpack that day first; no one is denying their premature ejaculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when have media outlets posted images of a hotline/web tip before they even reach the FBI?
    really?

http://www.foxrio2.com/42542/state-i...s-most-wanted/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they get them first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they get them first.
    on a daily, no hourly basis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EDIT: Missed the "before they even reach the FBI" part... disregard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty ing funny that someone is complaining very loudly about the way investigations have always taken place since, all of a sudden, that person realized that the internet is fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on a daily, no hourly basis?
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information