Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Really...

Who do you think they will blame?

I know...

Let's blame skynet. Skynet made one of our drones set it on fire! Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Boutons trying to make this about "corporate greed and unsafe conditions" just because a fertilizer plant didn't tell homeland security they had fertilizer....duh.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 04-22-2013 at 07:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plant manufactured 5000 tons a year and they were just now getting into prime time planting/fertilizing season. There is nothing sinister about the amount they had on hand in inventory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plant manufactured 5000 tons a year and they were just now getting into prime time planting/fertilizing season. There is nothing sinister about the amount they had on hand in inventory.
    CC they have WAY TOO MUCH in there, and were supposed to have reported it. They ed up.

CC defending Adair and its greed, putting profits over human safety.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is too much? You clearly don't know a ing thing about agriculture or fertilize. That is something that is normally dealt with in huge bulk. The amount they had on hand was only enough to fertilize about 1000 acres...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...assive-ammount

Adair broke the law, not reportig "national security" violations to DHS, etc, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Department of Homeland Security requires fertilizer plants with at least 400 pounds of potentially explosive ammonium nitrate to report to it in order to trigger safety oversight. But the West, Texas, fertilizer plant that exploded Wednesday, killing at least 14 people and obliterating a small town in the process, reportedly had more than 1,350 times that amount—roughly 270 tons, according to Reuters.

http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...+the+Headlines

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Reporting to DHS would have done exactly jack to prevent this accident. But please, continue to use the dead to push your idiotic agenda.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe you could hook up with SA210 and grab a couple of meme's, unless thinkprogress already has them posted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it was Adair breaking the law

TX regulators and fed reguators not enforcing even weak regulations

and I'm betting that employees, ex-employees will testify that saftey regs were absent or violated

Has hyper-"Christian" RickyBobby said anything other than his bull "prayers", if that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"national security violations"

First time homeland security realized a fertilizer company would have fertilize was because of the fire...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Read something besided your moonbat rss feed.

http://www.komonews.com/news/busines...203937561.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"national security violations"

First time homeland security realized a fertilizer company would have fertilize was because of the fire...
    it's DHS that requires the reporting due to white bubba jobs like OKC bombing, aka, "national security"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That report has nothing to do with the fire, freak. Every farmer in the country has more than 400#. That's just enough to fertilize one acre.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporting to DHS would have done exactly jack to prevent this accident.
    Yep.

DHS safety monitoring is about what are you doing to keep someone from entering your facility and walking off enough ammonium nitrate to blow someone else up. It's not about what are you doing to keep from blowing yourself up. That's OSHA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER happens when Corporate-Americans are trusted, self-regulated, to do THE RIGHT THING.

govt/Corporate-Americans surveille/rape the out of Human-Americans' privacy, while allowing themselves, govt and Corporate-Americans, to operate in near total secrecy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER happens when Corporate-Americans are trusted, self-regulated, to do THE RIGHT THING.

govt/Corporate-Americans surveille/rape the out of Human-Americans' privacy, while allowing themselves, govt and Corporate-Americans, to operate in near total secrecy.

freak

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

lol negligent manslaughter. Tell us, oh enlightened progressive, what was the exact cause of this accident? I was unaware that investigators had reached any conclusion on the cause of the incident. You apparently have inside information to formulate that proclamation.

Either that or you're just in moonbat, thinkprogress mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol negligent manslaughter. Tell us, oh enlightened progressive, what was the exact cause of this accident? I was unaware that investigators had reached any conclusion on the cause of the incident. You apparently have inside information to formulate that proclamation.

Either that or you're just in moonbat, thinkprogress mode.
    I'm still betting, if the authorities go afer West/Adair, with the thoroughness that they're going after the bomber, they will find West/Adair guilty of negligence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republicans Who Voted Against Sandy Aid Ask For Aid To West, Texas After Explosion

The death toll and injury count in the West, Texas fertilizer plant explosion that took place last Wednesday continues to rise, with 35-40 dead and 60 still unaccounted for. Recovering from the disaster will likely take a lot of time and resources, and President Obama has already pledged federal assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other agencies.
    Some Texas Congressmen have also requested aid to help the victims and the town rebuild. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said he is “working to ensure that all available resources are marshaled to deal with the horrific loss of life and suffering that we’ve seen.” Rep. Bill Flores (R-TX) has said that he, plus Senators Cruz and John Cornyn (R-TX), are working with Congressional leaders to extend necessary assistance. Cornyn has also said there is funding under his subcommittee for chemical site security standards and infrastructure protection.

Yet when Northeast cities needed disaster relief in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, a storm that killed hundreds, all three Congressmen voted against the aid package:

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz lambasted the Sandy Aid package, voting against the measure in January. Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including “Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start.” […]
    After Flores voted against the Sandy aid package, he justified his vote by saying the package was “too large” and did “more than meet the immediate needs of Sandy victims.”

On top of seeking funding for West, Texas, John Cornyn has also requested drought relief and disaster aid for wildfires in the past.

Funding would have also been useful in preventing the blast in the first place. The plant has been victim of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) underfunding, as it hadn’t been inspected since 1985. Yet Flores voted for the 2011 House Republican budget, which would have reduced OSHA by $99 million, and also voted to pass the Budget Control Act, which has also decreased funding for OSHA’s inspections.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/04/22/1901031/republicans-who-voted-against-sandy-aid-ask-for-aid-to-west-texas-after-explosion/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh, ok. So you don't know. Got it.

I'm pretty much going to wait and see what they find before I make up my mind.

Enjoy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, ok. So you don't know. Got it.

I'm pretty much going to wait and see what they find before I make up my mind.

Enjoy.
    I'm BETTING that the past (unregulated, self-regulated, we-don't-GAF-about-anything-but-profits Corporate-American behavior) is a good predictor of the future. We may see how many $100Ks Adair pays his legal team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still betting, if the authorities go afer West/Adair, with the thoroughness that they're going after the bomber, they will find West/Adair guilty of negligence.
    Since no apparent crime has been committed they hardly have the motive to expend the same energy they did on the marathon bombers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Boutons and thinkprogress

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama visiting West on Thursday.

good political move.

Thread Information