San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usain Bolt is the !!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usain Bolt is the !!!!
    Yes he is, by far the fastest thing we have seen. It's as if he just landed here from somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he is, by far the fastest thing we have seen. It's as if he just landed here from somewhere else.
    Yes, landed from Jamaica

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, landed from Jamaica
    Speaking of Jamaica.

All Time Born in Jamaica 100m

lane

1.Ben Johnson 1988 Oly gold
    2.Linford Christie 1992 Oly gold
    3.Asafa Powell King of the Sub10
    4.Usain Bolt...won it all, holds all the records
    5.Yohan Blake...world Champion
    6.Donovan Bailey 1996 Oly gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt bad for Blake in the Olympics but I guess he's done

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt bad for Blake in the Olympics but I guess he's done
    Too young to be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will take another freak of nature to get close to Bolt in the sprints. He is super tall and takes less strides to reach the finish line.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will take another freak of nature to get close to Bolt in the sprints. He is super tall and takes less strides to reach the finish line.
    The 100 meters is all about speed endurance. How much of your max velocity can you sustain/mantain. History is full of guys who could run a great 60 then once outdoors never did much, 60 WR holder Sam Perry out of Fordham a great example of that. Bolt came to the 100m unlike anyone else, he started off as a 400m guy, then got into the 200m. So he spent years running over distance stuff. When he did start running the 100m he brought an over abundance of speed endurance with him. While everyone else was fading after 70 he was fading less. Yes nobody can run a 100m all out. It's who is holding on the best. Now add his 6=5 stride.

I seriously doubt anyone here will ever see his WR's broken, (unless he does it) because of the unique way he came to the 100/200. Nobody is going to spend the time he did working on speed endurance before running the 100/200. He was running in the low 45''s in the 400m as a teenager, wow!

Obviously living in sprint rich Jamaica and having the coaching he's had also plays into it.

This guy was the closest thing we've seen to Bolt, he ran the 100, 200, 400. A WR holder in the 200/400. Unlike Bolt he didn't have the start in the 100 to be a real factor there. Losing the 100 to guys he'd run down later in 4x1 anchors. His top end speed incredible.

Last edited by Avante; 04-23-2013 at 12:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said the same about Carl Lewis, evolution will continue to put out freaks of nature that make us say the same each time.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said the same about Carl Lewis, evolution will continue to put out freaks of nature that make us say the same each time.
    Who said that about Carl Lewis? Nobody on the track boards did. He never beat Beamons WR in the long jump. he never beat Menneas 200m WR and he briefly held the 100m WR, while he was multi talented he was no Jesse Owens would was setting WR's in everything he competed in.

Bolt is a freak of nature, on a whole different level. a guy 6-5 with the start of a 5-8 guy, we've never seen that before. Never seen a 100 guy will the 200/400 ability he has either. So we get a great start then outer worldly speed endurance. A rare combo. His records might stand for another 50 years.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Carl Lewis, has anyone seen the 9.79 do entary? Pretty interesting stuff.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Carl Lewis, has anyone seen the 9.79 do entary? Pretty interesting stuff.
    Yep, sure did and I agree, very interesting.

Ya have to feel sorry for Ben Johnson, it's pretty obvious he was just a pawn.

Thread Information