Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    To be fair to Curry, he's more efficient than Kobe these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Curry, he's more efficient than Kobe these days.
    So when a guy shoots a decent percentage, he's not a chucker? A chucker cannot unchuck, it's in his nature to chuck. He hits when he hits, but his misfortunes will not affect his chucking. He will continue to chuck.

You'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a either way, but it's pretty funny that oh crap would criticize short-sighted reactions to NBA players..

This celebrated Durant's accomplishments and on Lebron all of last year, only to disappear when Lebron won the le and all over Dominos, tbh..

lol heat fans/ hearlemheat
    lol thinking you had a chance in OKC just cause you were up at the half
    lol lebron in the 4th
    lol durant only 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ing idiots will be ting all over him when he chucks his team out of compe ion.

Don't come crying to me.
    C'mon son, Curry not having a good series against SAS (or if he sucks from now on against the Nuggets) won't make you right. Kid shoots 45% form the field on 17.8 shots per game, that's not a chucker, imho. Specially not when you're arguably the best shooter in the league.

Sometimes his celebrations are a little annoying but he's fun to watch, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    DAF is right. Id like to add that curently, Curry is the model of efficiency among guards. He stepped up where it matters most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when a guy shoots a decent percentage, he's not a chucker? A chucker cannot unchuck, it's in his nature to chuck. He hits when he hits, but his misfortunes will not affect his chucking. He will continue to chuck.

You'll see.
    The more important question is, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon son, Curry not having a good series against SAS (or if he sucks from now on against the Nuggets) won't make you right. Kid shoots 45% form the field on 17.8 shots per game, that's not a chucker, imho. Specially not when you're arguably the best shooter in the league.

Sometimes his celebrations are a little annoying but he's fun to watch, tbh.
    Define a chucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define a chucker.
    Someone who shoots more than what he should. (Is this sentence gramaticaly correct?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon son, Curry not having a good series against SAS (or if he sucks from now on against the Nuggets) won't make you right.
    on the other hand him having a great series vs. Denver don't make him wrong imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the other hand him having a great series vs. Denver don't make him wrong imo
    But him shooting 45% from the floor in only 17.8 shots per game while being arguably the best shooter in the league kinda does, tbh.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players who shoot = chuckers

Players who use their physical assets to score = monkey ballers

This thread is uncalled for and shelf cases people's willful ignorance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most guys that shoot 45% from 3 are pure spot up shooters like Bonner, Green, Korver, Kerr, Kapono, etc. and most 3 point leaders like ray Allen, Ryan Anderson, Reggie miller make a ton but shoot closer to 40% (Allen and Reggie have plenty of sub 40% seasons attributed to their 3 point shots being tougher than spot up shots). Curry is doin it all. Shooting 45% from 3 is the equivalent of shooing 64% from 2 when you adjust for the point differential.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting 45% from 3 is the equivalent of shooing 64% from 2 when you adjust for the point differential.
    Shooting 45% from 3 is like shooting 45% from 3. Because the 3 point line is further back than the 2 point zone. That's why it's a 3.

Sometimes these advanced stats make me want to punch a ing brick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ DMC going down with the ship, some honor in that I guess..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arms gotta be getting tired from how hard he's bailing water out of it tho...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting 45% from 3 is like shooting 45% from 3. Because the 3 point line is further back than the 2 point zone. That's why it's a 3.

Sometimes these advanced stats make me want to punch a ing brick.
    If you make 45% of 100 three point shots it equates to 135 points. To match that production you'd have to hit 67-68 2 point shots out of 100. In most cases this is moot since getting off a "good" 3 point look isn't as likely as getting off a good 2 point look. But when you have these rare talents like Curry or prime Shuttlesworth, they can pull up from 3 anytime, anywhere, and for them it's as easy as a wide open spot up 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But him shooting 45% from the floor in only 17.8 shots per game while being arguably the best shooter in the league kinda does, tbh.
    regular season? sure, and Bonner is a reg season dead eye 3pt shooter too. Don't mean . And no the series vs. the Lakers don't mean . If curry can do this in round 2. props to him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone who shoots more than what he should. (Is this sentence gramaticaly correct?)
    Grammatically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you make 45% of 100 three point shots it equates to 135 points. To match that production you'd have to hit 67-68 2 point shots out of 100. In most cases this is moot since getting off a "good" 3 point look isn't as likely as getting off a good 2 point look. But when you have these rare talents like Curry or prime Shuttlesworth, they can pull up from 3 anytime, anywhere, and for them it's as easy as a wide open spot up 3
    Don't compare Curry to Ray Allen. He's got a ways to go. Pure shooter, perhaps, but his shots need to come within the flow of the offense instead of him shooting from 25' with a hand in his face.

btw, I also called out Tebow and look at him now. I called out Jeremy Lin, and look at him now. I called out Dejuan Blair in his 2nd year (actually in his rookie year) and everyone was all sucking his balls. Look at him now.

You will eventually see it my way, you'll just be behind the crowd when that happens.

I've stated that Kawhi Leonard will never be what people think he's capable of being. He just won't. Everyone sees the next someone, but those someones are hard to find else we wouldn't look for others like them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grammatically
    So, is it grammatically correct? And do you agree with that definition of chucker?
    Last edited by DAF86; 04-29-2013 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't compare Curry to Ray Allen. He's got a ways to go. Pure shooter, perhaps, but his shots need to come within the flow of the offense instead of him shooting from 25' with a hand in his face.
    Seattle Ray had a similar shot selection to Curry tbh. It was Boston Allen that really played "within a system". Both are guys that would pull up for 3 rather than being catch and shoot guys, which is all the more impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regular season? sure, and Bonner is a reg season dead eye 3pt shooter too. Don't mean . And no the series vs. the Lakers don't mean . If curry can do this in round 2. props to him tbh
    OP doesn't say anything about Curry being a choker in the PO, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle Ray had a similar shot selection to Curry tbh. It was Boston Allen that really played "within a system". Both are guys that would pull up for 3 rather than being catch and shoot guys, which is all the more impressive
    Ray Allen isn't a PG. The nut slobbering that goes on here for shoot first PGs is staggering. They have the ball before anyone else, they are going to be open to shoot. That doesn't mean it's best for the team if they shoot every chance they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might have a few great shooting games. It's not going to make his team better. Perhaps it's their only hope, if so it's overrated like I said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I automatically assumed "when it matters" and that's the POs

otherwise what's the point. Bonner and Green are HOF shooters then.

Thread Information