Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A chucker without options is still a chucker. RW has Durant and no one else who can shoot worth a . He's still a chucker.

It's part of Mark's system, but it's a system of chucking.
    Thabo a 40% three point shooter, K-mart still a good outisde shooter, used to play along Harden, and he was still a chucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most people, this is a bad shot to take. But he is so proficient at making it, it's not really that bad of a shot to take.

It's just like Dirk and his 1-legged fadeaway. For 99% of the league, that would be a dumbass shot to take. For Dirk? It's bread and butter. How about Kareem and his skyhook? Probably not a strong suit of a shot for most people in history, but he rode that shot to being one of the greatest basketball players ever.

Curry generally can consistently hit long threes, or heavily contested jumpers, because he has worked on his shot so much. He was off a bit last night, but then again, all players have those nights, including Dirk with his fadeaway and Kareem with his skyhook. When it's all said and done, we may be looking back at Curry as the greatest jumpshooter to ever play.

Also, you forget to take into account the value of 3s. Say someone shoots 65% on 2pt shots, and another person shot 45% on 3pt shots. That is a 20% difference, which seems huge. But if you shoot 100 of each shot, what is going to get you more points? You will get 130 pts on 2s, and 135 pts on 3s.
    When someone counts the value of the 3, they often forget the cost if you miss which is a long rebound and often a fast break in the other direction. Also, if the 3 isn't taken in the flow of the offense, if it's forced like his so often are, rebounders aren't set to crash the boards so the miss can cost a team more than a two point miss in the flow of the offense that has at least a higher chance of being offensively rebounded.

He did well to drive the paint, no one was stopping him, yet he pulled up for long bombs.

That kind of offense will never go very far. It's cute, but that's about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thabo a 40% three point shooter, K-mart still a good outisde shooter, used to play along Harden, and he was still a chucker
    Thabo tries to hide on offense, it's either to chicken or too stupid to know when to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this then: Curry should shoot every time he has the ball. His percentage dictates he shoot as often as possible. He should be taking 30 shots a game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When someone counts the value of the 3, they often forget the cost if you miss which is a long rebound and often a fast break in the other direction. Also, if the 3 isn't taken in the flow of the offense, if it's forced like his so often are, rebounders aren't set to crash the boards so the miss can cost a team more than a two point miss in the flow of the offense that has at least a higher chance of being offensively rebounded.

He did well to drive the paint, no one was stopping him, yet he pulled up for long bombs.

That kind of offense will never go very far. It's cute, but that's about it.
    regardless, trying to be a dumbass and dismiss his ability to shoot 45% from 3 is ing re ed

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How about this then: Curry should shoot every time he has the ball. His percentage dictates he shoot as often as possible. He should be taking 30 shots a game.
    bad attempt at an illustration

just stick to be a got dumbass, which you are best at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could use the same asinine argument for every efficient shooter. TD should take 40 shots per game tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he doesn't take 30 shots per game, he takes 17.8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he doesn't take 30 shots per game, he takes 17.8.
    Why shouldn't he take twice as many?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could use the same asinine argument for every efficient shooter. TD should take 40 shots per game tbh
    No one here argues that Timmy's contested 28' shot is better than other people's open short range jumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad attempt at an illustration

just stick to be a got dumbass, which you are best at
    Curry is my hero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one here argues that Timmy's contested 28' shot is better than other people's open short range jumpers.
    timmy will make 1/25 contested 28' shots. curry will knock in 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timmy will make 1/25 contested 28' shots. curry will knock in 12
    Except last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Good Job DMC

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this thread still....

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Curry is far from a chucker.... annoying, but not a chucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chucker with 22 pts in 14 shots.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP soiled himself with this one... wonder whats going to happen if they upset the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chucked his way to the 2nd round of the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Curry on the court in the 1st Round, the Warriors outscored the Nuggets by 52 points. But with him on the bench, they were outscored by 27 points.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...f-the-playoffs

But he doesn't make his team better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also of note from that article:

Only Matt Bonner, LeBron James and Manu Ginobili have a better plus-minus than Curry in the 2013 playoffs.
    Matty ice, the GOAT of +/-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dmc tomorrow:

etc. etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even I tried to show support for the OP but it. Bailing out. Elian Gonzales is having a season like nobody in history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad bump.. ..still, Lol OP..

Thread Information