My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he was in SA during the championship game. Got people posted his instagram picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing in Europe next year where face better compe ion. May be on national team. Needs playing time. Not in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely needs to play summer league if hes healthy enough to do so. He also definitely needs to stay in Europe for at least another season. Although, I think Tony has already confirmed that this will indeed be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely needs to play summer league if hes healthy enough to do so. He also definitely needs to stay in Europe for at least another season. Although, I think Tony has already confirmed that this will indeed be the case.
    I think he plays Summer league with Anderson and Bertans this season, and ends up being brought over. I'll be disappointed in the spurs if that's not the case.

Mills, Manu, Anderson, Bertans, Baynes. With Cojo, Beli, Ayers. Leaves a gap. Tweener 3/4, defensive stopper, who can grab boards. If Jean-Charles comes to summer league and gets a few steals with a handful of rebounds/game, while keeping the to's down. He'd be far and away better for the job than Daye.

, even if he doesn't have the greatest SL performance. A year of practices, garbage/d league minutes, and corporate knowledge with THIS spurs team infinitely outweighs a little better compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably for the best, as it will take a year for him to come back fully, anyway. This also increases the likelihood of Daye sticking around.
    I'm curious, do you want Daye to stick around? I personally would prefer to just cut him and move on.

Although, that being said, I'd probably give him a shot in training camp. Might as well. If he lights it up then you can carry him at least in the early part of the season. I'm not sure when his contract becomes fully guaranteed, but having him in camp would be a plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious, do you want Daye to stick around? I personally would prefer to just cut him and move on.

Although, that being said, I'd probably give him a shot in training camp. Might as well. If he lights it up then you can carry him at least in the early part of the season. I'm not sure when his contract becomes fully guaranteed, but having him in camp would be a plus.
    His contract becomes guaranteed on Monday.

I'm fine with him sticking around since LJC and staying over. It's pretty much between him and Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract becomes guaranteed on Monday.

I'm fine with him sticking around since LJC and staying over. It's pretty much between him and Thomas.
    Well, unless the addition of Kyle Anderson changes things, I think Daye makes the team. At least ostensibly. Doesn't mean he'll survive training camp....just means he'll get paid his minimum wage for the year.

I'm just not overly impressed with him. I think the roster spot has more value than whatever Daye would bring. I'd rather sign Bertans and roll into the season with him instead.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are loaded on the wings, if ever. Bertans, Hanga, LJC, Dangubic...and it's strange SA had to trade for Dangubic when they could have drafted two other internationals with 58 and 60. Obviously the Spurs thought Klimenko was nothing special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LJC and Bertans come over eventually, seems like the Spurs will have Point Guards, Centers, then just a bunch of 6'6-6'8 wing players who can do 2/3 of shoot, distribute, defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LJC and Bertans come over eventually, seems like the Spurs will have Point Guards, Centers, then just a bunch of 6'6-6'8 wing players who can do 2/3 of shoot, distribute, defend.
    i love it. solid pick and roll, with versatile wings and cutters.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy just practicing with the summer league team, or is he actually on the roster? There are pictures of him for the summer league shootaround on spurs.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy just practicing with the summer league team, or is he actually on the roster? There are pictures of him for the summer league shootaround on spurs.com
    Practicing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pedja Materic @PedjaMateric
    Livio Jean-Charles @Jclifio is MVP of preseason game between @ASVEL_Basket - Orleans 75-83 with 15p, 7rbd, eval index 20 in 25min #hesback

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nifty. Hope he stays healthy and improves this season. I may be in the minority, but I expect big things from him going forward. I like him better than Anderson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm really looking forward to see if he can make that transition from PF to SF on the offensive end. Hopefully I remember to catch some of their games in the Eurocup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asvel will play their first Euroleague qualifying game in about an hour. It's available to watch for free on a legal stream: www.livebasketball.tv/ (you have to sign up for an account there).

He just played 6 minutes in the first half and didn't see too much of the ball. Had two of his layups blocked and the ball knocked away on a post up attempt. The only points have come from a tip in.
    He does look active and engaged on defense and had a nice block on a rotation but otherwise didn't get involved very much.
    The coach has played at him both forwards spots and they certainly need his length out there with the defense giving up a ton of open threes.

Very quiet second half with just one made jumper from the baseline. The team didn't need his defense as much in this game because they scored incredibly well.
    Asvel has to win two more games to make it to the Euroleague. Next up is Strasbourg with national team coach Vincent Collet.
    Last edited by jyra; 09-23-2014 at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like they have there 2nd game in qualifying today..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asvel advance to the final game. I would like to see Unics Kazan go through for a LJC-Sankidze matchup.

Disappointing performance for Livio in this game. He was invisible throughout the game and subbed off in the second half after commiting two traveling violations within in a minute trying to put the ball on the floor. He was pretty much exclusively used as a screen setter and barely touched the ball at all.
    I wonder how he and the coaching staff plan to develop him into a SF but so far he doesn't look like a perimeter player at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asvel chokes away a 19 point lead mid way through the game, no Euroleague for them next season. They will instead play in the Eurocup compe ion which is obviously a step below but there are still some good teams in that league.

Livio showed some better energy on the boards in this game but ends up scoreless again.
    All in all a very anonymous showing in these three games. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to become a rotation player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks jyra for tracking the prospects and giving these updates and recaps, it's really helpful and I'm sure everyone appreciates it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks jyra for tracking the prospects and giving these updates and recaps, it's really helpful and I'm sure everyone appreciates it
    No problem, I love watching these young guys develop.It's also good to see games without having to worry about your team winning or losing and just focus on analyzing the play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy still injured?

Thread Information