Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it they tried to make him a SF and he pretty much has sucked at that and he is to small to play PF in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't get is why he's not taking 3s, other than that it looks like he got better as the season went by : http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200010/St...&jTo=&typeRes=

0/5 from 3 for the season, how does he only take five, playing for what is basically a Spurs D League team since it's owned by TP...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the dude isn't a complete bust. The Spurs could have traded a spot to get Golbert (also from France). Heck, that's just what the Utah Jazz did to get Golbert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the dude isn't a complete bust. The Spurs could have traded a spot to get Golbert (also from France). Heck, that's just what the Utah Jazz did to get Golbert.
    Tweet him. Let him know that fans want him and Tavares to join the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this coming summer that last one for him to get his guaranteed deal?

Based on the exchange above I don't k own where he stands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this coming summer that last one for him to get his guaranteed deal?

Based on the exchange above I don't k own where he stands
    Bruno corrected me on this, actually. Last season was the final one where both sides had to abide by the rookie scale. Now, he's can sign for MORE than the scale, he can't sign for less. Technically the money is no longer guaranteed, but there'd probably be a CBA despite if the Spurs tried to screw Jean-Charles by not giving him at least as much guaranteed as the rookie scale specifies. Also, the Spurs would have to worry about cap space/exceptions if they don't give him the rookie-scale contract, and with Boban and West both being stronger candidates for the MLE, I don't see them wanting to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how this guy is doing?
    With Bertans camp making noise about him joining San Anton, and Livio looking so raw and undeveloped offensively last summer, I don't see him here next season, maybe not for a couple of seasons if that. He is still young enough that he can improve. Maybe in 2 years time we will revisit his status?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how this guy is doing?
    With Bertans camp making noise about him joining San Anton, and Livio looking so raw and undeveloped offensively last summer, I don't see him here next season, maybe not for a couple of seasons if that. He is still young enough that he can improve. Maybe in 2 years time we will revisit his status?
    I'm almost certain that his contract is up after this season, so at that point, it's 100-percent his decision to be in SA or not. I doubt after three years of waiting relatively patiently, he'll decide to forego the millions again. And I don't think the Spurs want him to stay over there anyway. He'd probably be a much better player now had he come over in 2013 (not counting the ACL of course). He has the talent to be Ibaka-lite, and he's just rotting away over there.

But you obviously bring up a good point about the roster. The Spurs just have so much depth at the middle positions that I just can't see them all being on the roster. Simmons, Anderson, Bertans, LJC, Lalanne to go along with Green, Kawhi, Manu, LMA and Diaw is just too many.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm almost certain that his contract is up after this season, so at that point, it's 100-percent his decision to be in SA or not. I doubt after three years of waiting relatively patiently, he'll decide to forego the millions again. And I don't think the Spurs want him to stay over there anyway. He'd probably be a much better player now had he come over in 2013 (not counting the ACL of course). He has the talent to be Ibaka-lite, and he's just rotting away over there.

But you obviously bring up a good point about the roster. The Spurs just have so much depth at the middle positions that I just can't see them all being on the roster. Simmons, Anderson, Bertans, LJC, Lalanne to go along with Green, Kawhi, Manu, LMA and Diaw is just too many.
    After the destruction courtesy of the GSW, Spurs need as many quick, long and athletic players that they can get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, and the subsequent point below about the roster spots is interesting. Its as if a small trade is inevitable if the spurs are serious about bringing in LJC and Bertans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to decide if his best case is a poor man Ibaka or more a homeless mans ibaka? Seems to fit the profile in many ways, and while slightly shorter has a bit more wingspan.

Excited to see what he and Bertans can do in the years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His best case is probably just above poor man's. He had looked like he was learning to shoot when the team drafted him. Now, he might have taken a step back. But he seems to have a higher BBIQ than Serge does, at least offensively. The thing that's limited LJC is that he's 22 now. He should have been a Spur this whole time, as his stint with ASVEL or however it's written hasn't done him any good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why hasn't he gotten any time with ASVEL? Don't know much about the French league tbh. Seems pretty weird to me that a guy who could possibly join the Spurs next year can't even get any time with a lower level European league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My feeling is that LJC is the kind of player that flourishes in a established system like ours. He is not the kind of player that figure things out alone and put stats on a bad team.

He pretty much wasted 3 years in Europe as ASVEL failed to develop him. I see him as a Mbah a Moute type of player. He is a good defender, has the tools and has a knack to block shots,but I just hope he becomes a better offensively player than Moute is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ASVEL choice was bizzare from the start. You have to think there was a better club willing to do a Spurs friendly deal where he could have developed.

The lack of development may end up costing him millions, not to mention the time he has already foregone by not signing a rookie deal. LJC has been very patient to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His best case is probably just above poor man's. He had looked like he was learning to shoot when the team drafted him. Now, he might have taken a step back. But he seems to have a higher BBIQ than Serge does, at least offensively. The thing that's limited LJC is that he's 22 now. He should have been a Spur this whole time, as his stint with ASVEL or however it's written hasn't done him any good.
    I agree. I mean Simmons is an amazing athlete and he was undrafted and under the radar for everyone, but he developed two years in Austin into a legit Nba rotation player. LJC was so young when drafted him that he might have done a Corey Joseph and looked marginal his first couple of seasons to emerge on the 3rd and beyond as a player. Him not wanting to play in the dleague hurt his career. His knee injury also took a full year of development from him, but it doesn't seem like he even plays that much in Asvel. The situation gets more complicated for him bc as you mentioned now there are rather young guys ahead of him in potential and he would have to beat these guys for his spot. I don't see him beating Anderson or Lalanne unless he can hit that midrange shot. His defensive upside is tantalizing however.

In SL two things stood out to me, as slim as he is, Anderson is a better rebounder and has good hands. LJC had trouble rebounding and holding on to rebounds. I can't recall if it was him or Lalanne who also had trouble catching a ball on the move like an Ayers lite.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually getting a decent amount of minutes this year (about 22 per game) and his stats look a lot better than last season: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/.../Summary/26494

I haven't actually seen him play this year but the high FG%, lack of three pointers and uptick in rebounding make me think they he's being played as a PF now. That's probably his best position anyway considering his shot blocking prowess and weak ball handling.

You can actually watch full length Eurocup games on Youtube (but who does that really..):

https://www.youtube.com/user/FIBAWor...ch?query=asvel

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually getting a decent amount of minutes this year (about 22 per game) and his stats look a lot better than last season: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/.../Summary/26494

I haven't actually seen him play this year but the high FG%, lack of three pointers and uptick in rebounding make me think they he's being played as a PF now. That's probably his best position anyway considering his shot blocking prowess and weak ball handling.

You can actually watch full length Eurocup games on Youtube (but who does that really..):

https://www.youtube.com/user/FIBAWor...ch?query=asvel
    Yeah the game I just watched of him in Eurocup, he was playing the 4. He played on the perimeter and around the basket. Defensively he played well on the perimeter and pick and roll. In the post, I only saw one possession and his man spinned on him for a basket. As for his scores, he hit an 18 footer, a lob, and a dish for a dunk. He blocked a shot and got a steal.

I mean he's a role player. I want expecting much. He's not a star on his team. They have him playing a role as well. I guess he wouldn't be bad as an end of bench player that could be an energy boost. But I agree he needs to come over. Austin would be better for him, although he does appear to be developing, rather slowly albeit. It's just a little concerning that he's not dominant against the completion which didn't look too great.
    Last edited by raybies; 02-07-2016 at 04:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the game I just watched of him in Eurocup, he was playing the 4. He played on the perimeter and around the basket. Defensively he played well on the perimeter and pick and roll. In the post, I only saw one possession and his man spinned on him for a basket. As for his scores, he hit an 18 footer, a lob, and a dish for a dunk. He blocked a shot and got a steal.

I mean he's a role player. I want expecting much. He's not a star on his team. They have him playing a role as well. I guess he wouldn't be bad as an end of bench player that could be an energy boost. But I agree he needs to come over. Austin would be better for him, although he does appear to be developing, rather slowly albeit. It's just a little concerning that he's not dominant against the completion which didn't look too great.
    That is a also a concern for me bc you saw just how flat out dominant both Anderson and Simmons were in the dleague and SL. It seemed like they could score or get fouled when they wanted, and at times you could not contain them... you had to hope they just missed shots. Their weakness was neither shot the 3 well. Now in the NBA you see sometimes how hesitant they are bc its just another level. Anderson in particular needs to be stronger so his post game flourishes, and Simmons is now met with resistance at the rim and blocked more often, bc there are real shot blockers who are used to his athletic types...

It seems to me that to be a legit prospect you have to be flat out dominating the lower leagues, unless you are looking at a shooter (and as Chinook pointed out even Danny was averaging 20 pts in the dleague), and Nando and CoJo were looking like dleague stars...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot all about this guy.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched another game. Stopped midway through. Doesn't have a post game or perimeter skills. Catch and shoot guy. Cleanup around the rim. Defense. That's what he does. Not exciting, just cleanup. If he can carve a niche out of rebounding and defense with a spot up j, he might have a career. Maybe I need to watch more but I was getting bored. I think he's got some useful skills just would rather have them in a bigger player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder is it asvel and there lack of infrastructure compared to other clubs. Could he have gone elsewhere that would develop him more? Question is whether it's too late now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of cap next year, if LJC comes over would he need to be signed using part of the MLE or is there a cap exception for 1st picks under the current rookie scale? Would the same apply for Bertans as a 2nd round pick?

Seems that if the Spurs had to use part of the MLE to sign one or both of these guys this summer, that it'll also be hard to keep Boban, no? If that's the case why not sell high on him now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am unsure on his status. I don't know for example if being a first round pick he can force the Spurs to give him a contract. He could always be waived I suppose, but CBA issues I am completely ignorant on.

Thread Information