Weight: 217 lbs
    Birthday: 11/08/1993
    Team: ASVEL (France)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27 points and 13 rebounds at the Nike Hoop Summit.

I watched him a handful of times in France he hasn't strike me as some kind of great prospect. I like the way he plays and he might be a very good role player but he just doesn't really have that upside you might want in a NBA prospect.
    Last edited by Bruno; 04-20-2013 at 08:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said it all Bruno, I saw him a couple times on TV and once live when he came in Beaublanc.

Really interesting as far as Pro A is concerned but does not have the upside you look for in that kind of profile as far as NBA is concerned.
    I'm not even sure he should try to get to the NBA.

His assests would make him an average role player at best in the NBA whereas he could be a very good Euroleague player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

La performance de Livio Jean-Charles (27 pts et 13 rbds) au Hoop Summit la semaine dernière n’est pas passée inaperçue.

Une simple belle prestation lors du traditionnel Hoop Summit à Portland peut vous faire passer un cap. C’est le cas pour Livio Jean-Charles.

Auteur d’un énorme match la semaine dernière, le jeune joueur Villeurbannais a beaucoup fait parler de lui depuis. Ce midi, ce dernier a annoncé qu’il se présenterait à la prochaine draft. Et il devrait être un peu plus surveillé par les chasseurs de têtes de NBA. Pierre Vincent nous a confié qu’un scout des San Antonio Spurs serait présent à l’entraînement de l’ASVEL lundi prochain pour observer Livio.

En attendant, les Villeurbannais seront au Paris-Levallois demain soir pour le compte de la 29ème journée de Pro A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article also says that jean-Charles will enter in this draft.

Aside from what I've said about him earlier in this thread, the true question about him is his position. He is trying to transition from PF to SF and it might not be a that good idea. He doesn't at all for the moment the perimeter skills to play SF and his terrific Hoop Summit game was playing PF. He measured at 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan and a 217 lbs weight. He has the legit size to play PF and just need to add a little weight.

Spurs could also ask Tony Parker his advice about him because he played with him during the lockout and follow very closely the ASVEL team where he is a minority owner and the vice president of basketball operations.

The scout could also have an eye on Edwin Jackson, a 89' born french SG in the Barbosa mold. He is having a great season and wants to play the SL to try his chance in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the biggest differences between this kid and Jateih?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 1h French forward and Nike Hoop Summit MVP Livio Jean-Charles has declared for the 2013 NBA Draft, his agent Pedja Materic informed us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the biggest differences between this kid and Jateih?
    They are very different players.

Jean-Charles is a long athletic defensive minded SF/PF that is a good rebounder and has a good motor. He is very limited offensively. He would be a low risk low reward.

Jaiteh is a very young and raw project bigman. He is 18 years old and is in his fifth year of basketball. At that stage, I would say only his rebounding is fine and the rest of his game is a big work in progress. He is showing some glimpses in a lot of different areas that are nowhere near convincing enough to say he will be good in these areas at a NBA level. A high risk, high reward pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya spurs kno waz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Livio is only 19 years old and I know people say he is skinny but Prince and Durant are doing pretty good. Bruno do you think he is the best international player the Spurs could pick in the first round for --Draft and Stash?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno do you think he is the best international player the Spurs could pick in the first round for --Draft and Stash?
    I don't and by far.
    I like the way Jean-Charles play but I really don't see him as a first round pick material. He just isn't talented enough.

Regarding the draft and stash process, it's noteworthy that not all "euros" are stash-able when picked in the first round. A lot of these players want to come directly in the NBA where they will be paid way more than in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...aft/index.html

i was reading the bits about the tallest sf's in this article. i like what i read about livio. get boards, could play 4, and aldridge likes him better than jaiteh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...aft/index.html

i was reading the bits about the tallest sf's in this article. i like what i read about livio. get boards, could play 4, and aldridge likes him better than jaiteh.
    He's really a skinny PF. He's not really a shooter or ball handler, and would struggle to fill the SF position on offense.

That also wasn't Aldridge who liked Livio better than Jaiteh. It was one EC GM's quote. For all we know, it was that idiot from Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    French forward Livio Jean-Charles will stay in the draft his agent just texted me. Jean-Charles our 8th ranked PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jean-Charles' season has ended on May 23rd and it looks like he has done nothing draft related since that. He wasn't at the Adidas Eurocamp and there hasn't been a single report of him working out for a NBA team. Him staying in the draft in these cir stances sounds a lot like he has received a promise and he is hiding from other teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jean-Charles' season has ended on May 23rd and it looks like he has done nothing draft related since that. He wasn't at the Adidas Eurocamp and there hasn't been a single report of him working out for a NBA team. Him staying in the draft in these cir stances sounds a lot like he has received a promise and he is hiding from other teams.
    I believe the promise, I'm just hoping it's not us. I think he's on the wrong side of the SF/PF tweener spectrum - not strong enough to play PF in the NBA, and not skilled enough to play SF (and maybe not fast enough). He's got much less skills than Al Farouq Aminu, and is he really any better an athlete/physical profile?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not strong enough to play PF in the NBA
    He is only 19 years old and has a good frame. Adding some weight shouldn't be an issue for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're looking to fill a need he makes a whole lot of sense if Chip thinks he can learn to shoot. Backup 3 is the one position where there's a opening and having a strong rebounder/defender like Kawhi would be nice.

What may not make that much sense is using the 28th pick on him but they could trade down or trade for another pick. But then again it's a weak draft that got weaker with Saric and Jaiteh taking their name out so who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    The San Antonio Spurs like forward Livio Jean-Charles, according to a source. They may draft him to stash overseas: tinyurl.com/nyc4zhl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    The San Antonio Spurs like forward Livio Jean-Charles, according to a source. They may draft him to stash overseas: tinyurl.com/nyc4zhl

It would make sense. While I'm not sold on Jean-Charles' upside, he seem to be Spurs material with his at ude and his ability to be a role player. Draft and stash a player at #28 would also allow Spurs to have a little more capsapce this summer to go after free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    The San Antonio Spurs will select French forward Livio Jean-Charles with the 28th pick in the NBA Draft, league source tells Y! Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Spurs pick of Jean-Charles gives them a player that they can stash overseas next season and spare a roster spot and salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft and stash. Yawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Jean-Charles scored well, rebounded & blocked shots for World Team at Hoop Summit and will be the next in line of great Spurs draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy. Some real upside.

Thread Information