Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Westbrook may be a dumb guy but we all saw how Beta Durant went into all sorts of beta without him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook. I think we saw, as I stated earlier in the post, that Jackson was indeed much better than people anticipated he would be, but obviously OKC is nowhere near the team without Westbrook. Yes, he makes some dumbass plays in the clutch. That is an area he has room for improvement. He's young, he has a lot of room to grow. However, despite his flaws, he brings a dynamic to the game what no other PG in the league can. I'm not suggesting he's the best PG in the league, I'm simply suggesting he brings to the game at the PG position that no other player can. Comparing him to a Parker or CP3 is beyond re ed. They're completely different players. I do agree that Brooks is stubborn. He's a good guy, a good coach, but can be irritating with his lack of flexibility. Westbrook isn't OKC's problem, by any means. I'd pin it more on coaching and frontcourt offense. I'll continue to ask myself and other why Kendrick Perkins would start for any NBA team, let alone OKC. He's a situational player that should be playing limited minutes off the bench, perhaps in a starting role against maybe a Memphis. In addition, he's a complete and total offensive liability. Ibaka is clearly a good offensive weapon, but does so almost strictly from set perimeter jumpers. It still boggles my mind why this guy is not given more touches on the block. That could be a very important weapon for OKC if Ibaka can be more of a threat on the block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook may be a dumb guy but we all saw how Beta Durant went into all sorts of beta without him.
    At least Durant didn't quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook. I think we saw, as I stated earlier in the post, that Jackson was indeed much better than people anticipated he would be, but obviously OKC is nowhere near the team without Westbrook. Yes, he makes some dumbass plays in the clutch. That is an area he has room for improvement. He's young, he has a lot of room to grow. However, despite his flaws, he brings a dynamic to the game what no other PG in the league can. I'm not suggesting he's the best PG in the league, I'm simply suggesting he brings to the game at the PG position that no other player can. Comparing him to a Parker or CP3 is beyond re ed. They're completely different players. I do agree that Brooks is stubborn. He's a good guy, a good coach, but can be irritating with his lack of flexibility. Westbrook isn't OKC's problem, by any means. I'd pin it more on coaching and frontcourt offense. I'll continue to ask myself and other why Kendrick Perkins would start for any NBA team, let alone OKC. He's a situational player that should be playing limited minutes off the bench, perhaps in a starting role against maybe a Memphis. In addition, he's a complete and total offensive liability. Ibaka is clearly a good offensive weapon, but does so almost strictly from set perimeter jumpers. It still boggles my mind why this guy is not given more touches on the block. That could be a very important weapon for OKC if Ibaka can be more of a threat on the block.
    Shut up, got.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Shut up, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. pretty much on par with what i was saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like every time DMC tries to post a real take, it's wrong. Dip needs to stick to trolling and attacking other posters' takes (without posting one of his own and looking like a moron) like he usually does because his takes are a in joke. Practically always wrong unless he states the obvious.

I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook.
    That's clearly what he meant because that's all he said. It can't be played off as meaning they would go after a new PG, because he didn't say anything about it. No one believes his ty excuse posts, don't bother yourself with "proving him wrong" since he his take was proven wrong by reality.

OKC definitely isn't better without Westbrook. Hilariously bad opinion. The only way you could go without him and still be good is to replace with a top 5 PG (besides him). And even then it's give or take on whether they'd be better since Westbrook fits their style well. Westbrook's a lightning rod for trash talk by fans because of his shot volume and occaisional shot selection, but it doesn't change how good he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This I said

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Another worthless and ty basketball take from non other than the forums resident asshole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am that pie eyed piper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant'll cool down. This kind of play isn't sustainable, otherwise Durant would easily be the GOAT.

With small sample sizes a ton of players look unstoppable. Even Lebron had that Magic series where he put up re ed numbers. The 37-15-10 bull or whatever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Credibility = lost

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is better without old got DMC.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant'll cool down. This kind of play isn't sustainable, otherwise Durant would easily be the GOAT.

With small sample sizes a ton of players look unstoppable. Even Lebron had that Magic series where he put up re ed numbers. The 37-15-10 bull or whatever.
    Michael Jordan played like this in the 80's and Early 90's. I think Durant can sustain this level of play for a season, maybe two or three. Without Westbrook, Durant is the primary focus of the offense, much like Jordan was for the Bulls. And Jordan averaged 36 ppg in an NBA where hand checking was legal and hard fouls weren't flagrant.

But with that said, OKC would have been better to keep Harden and let Westbrook go. And I am not saying this because of Westbrook's recent injury, its just Harden is a better passer and spacer than Westbrook. Westbrook needs the ball and isn't a pass first type of PG, much like Parker was when he first enter the league.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The 11' Dirk was also god-like through the WCF vs. OKC and most of the finals against Miami. Dude played a few bad games against Miami but overall it was still an excellent post-season performance by our German Allah tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “There are so many things that I love about K.D.,” Brooks said. “Just the fact that he is an amazing teammate and wants to win. He wants to help his teammates have success. He has a gift of scoring, but he also has a gift of playmaking and seeing that his teammates score.”

That's a swipe at RW. You know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan played like this in the 80's and Early 90's. I think Durant can sustain this level of play for a season, maybe two or three. Without Westbrook, Durant is the primary focus of the offense, much like Jordan was for the Bulls. And Jordan averaged 36 ppg in an NBA where hand checking was legal and hard fouls weren't flagrant.

But with that said, OKC would have been better to keep Harden and let Westbrook go. And I am not saying this because of Westbrook's recent injury, its just Harden is a better passer and spacer than Westbrook. Westbrook needs the ball and isn't a pass first type of PG, much like Parker was when he first enter the league.
    Name 6 teams that actually physically abused Jordan.

Jordan getting more FTA a game in his 37 ppg season than Durant has this year

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They'd be better served with a junk yard Media versus what they have now=a lap dog Media. If they ain't careful they'll wake up 5 years hence and all they'll possess is what emanated from the Pacific Northwest.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    “There are so many things that I love about K.D.,” Brooks said. “Just the fact that he is an amazing teammate and wants to win. He wants to help his teammates have success. He has a gift of scoring, but he also has a gift of playmaking and seeing that his teammates score.”

That's a swipe at RW. You know it.
    With Westbrook = le contenders
    Without Westbrook = lose to Grizzles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Westbrook = le contenders
    Without Westbrook = lose to Grizzles
    Like I said, got. Thunder are a better team without Westbrook. They beat the other two top teams in the West on b2b nights.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    some teams just tend to play better without their alpha guys, this should be pretty easy for laker fans to understand isn't it?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    some teams just tend to play better without their alpha guys, this should be pretty easy for laker fans to understand isn't it?
    less monkeyballing tbh undoubtedly makes them better.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This song has been sung before, it will be disregarded when the gap Westbrook left remains to be filled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said. I am ELI the ICE man. I am 90 degrees ahead of the current.

Thread Information