Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Thunder team will have to run through Durant, and you will see ball movement and Collison will fortify Ibaka and Ibaka will fortify Perkins and Martin will fortify himself repeatedly.

Now you need to worry.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Now you need to worry.
    Nah . Congrats on being like 5 hours late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we love to hate on Russell Westbrook but the guy is a matchup nightmare for almost any other team in the league. And now that he is gone and they don't have Harden to take his place, the Thunder are certainly weaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Thunder team will have to run through Durant, and you will see ball movement and Collison will fortify Ibaka and Ibaka will fortify Perkins and Martin will fortify himself repeatedly.

Now you need to worry.
    the DMC ? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...48#post6511348

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i laugh because this is the exact same thing he wrote when Kobe went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a moron if you actually believe they are better without him.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    it makes sense on both ends imo. dude is an excellent player and their talent level is reduced to a significant extent, but their chemistry will supposedly become better w/o a frog mutant keeping the ball off durant's hands. a great coach will make the bad thing function in a good way (like carlisle) and we're gonna wait to see if brooks is capable of doing the same tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Ill say this- Reggie Jackson is a more capable point guard than many fans outside OKC fans who watch him regularly realize. I mean the dude is a super heady and super athletic point guard. I've watched Westbrook from day 1 of his nba career and I've sat countless times wondering what in the he was doin out there. Season 1 I called for more Earl Watson. Then more Maynor. This season, at times, more Jackson. No way in we are stronger without Westbrook. However, with time and if Jackson settles in the dynamic of the team could change enough to where we are still dangerous.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just like how the Lakers were better, right?

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now you need to worry.

knows more basketball than me.

okc doesn't even make it out of the 2nd round without Russell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knows more basketball than me.

okc doesn't even make it out of the 2nd round without Russell.
    dense (dns)adj. dens·er, dens·est 1. a. Having relatively high density.
    b. Crowded closely together; compact: a dense population.

2. Hard to penetrate; thick: a dense jungle.
    3. a. Permitting little light to pass through, because of compactness of matter: dense glass; a dense fog.
    b. Opaque, with good contrast between light and dark areas. Used of a photographic negative.

4. Difficult to understand because of complexity or obscurity: a dense novel.
    5. Slow to apprehend; thickheaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No really bravo on proving me and everyone wrong by saying okc is a better team without westbrook.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC would be a better team without westbrook if they had a competent pass-first point guard to replace him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC would be a better team without westbrook if they had a competent pass-first point guard to replace him.
    That's my point. They'd be able/forced to get a real PG if Westbrook left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defending this point is a losing battle imo. Westbrook has glaring flaws but the pros outweigh the cons by a mile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defending this point is a losing battle imo. Westbrook has glaring flaws but the pros outweigh the cons by a mile
    No they don't. The cons are they he's a cancer to the team because he wants to be a star more than he wants to win games. He's got the best shooter in the NBA on his team, and probably the best talent in the league overall. Durant can do it all, but not when the PG is taking 30 shots a game while Durant stands out beyond the arc scratching his nuts. A team needs a focal point and that must be Durant in OKC. Russell doesn't want to fall back to a role player, but they will not win a ring until he does. Since he won't, the Thunder need someone who can get the ball to Durant and other shooters and into the post. There's a reason RW is criticized for taking too many shots, and that's because if he didn't, the Thunder would likely be the odds on favorites in the West and might actually topple the Heat. You'd have RW with the ability to score the ball, but the 1st option to pass to a much much better scorer in Durant.

Basically the team needs a direction. They don't really have one. It's a superstar in Durant, a chucker extraordinaire in RW who is athletic and could easily play 2 guard who wants to be a superstar on a team that doesn't have room for two 30pt a night scorers, and bunch of halfway decent role players who could offer a lot more than they are allowed to if ever given the right system.

They need to fire their coach, bring in someone with a plan of action, either trade RW or move him to the 2, get big down low and run through the league like soup through a tall Swede.

It won't happen though because they are content being noticed. It's why there's a separation between big and small market teams. There's no real pressure to win a championship in OKC.

Tony Parker could score 25pts a night if he wanted to. It would mean fewer wins though, and he's got other options he's aware of and trusts most of the time. RW seems to have bigger hard on for notoriety on his team against Durant than for success against the league.

That doesn't mean OKC is better without any PG. It means they would be better without Russell Westbrook at PG. Imagine Rondo there instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't mean OKC is better without any PG. It means they would be better without Russell Westbrook at PG. Imagine Rondo there instead.
    this thread was made right when Westbrook went down in the playoffs. They did not have Rajon Rondo on your bench, and you implied the team would play better once Westbrook went down. They didn't. Would Rondo be a better fit than Westchuck? Sure. But He's not exactly available for OKC. I'm sure Rondo would benefit a ton of teams, but that doesn't mean all those teams are going to be better with their starting point guards going down. just because rondo is a better fit than chalmers on the heat, doesn't mean the heat will be better with chalmers injured

Your big picture thought of "well then they'll have to go get a point guard" is a cop out since this thread in context was talking about the immediate fortunes of the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread was made right when Westbrook went down in the playoffs. They did not have Rajon Rondo on your bench, and you implied the team would play better once Westbrook went down. They didn't. Would Rondo be a better fit than Westchuck? Sure. But He's not exactly available for OKC. I'm sure Rondo would benefit a ton of teams, but that doesn't mean all those teams are going to be better with their starting point guards going down. just because rondo is a better fit than chalmers on the heat, doesn't mean the heat will be better with chalmers injured

Your big picture thought of "well then they'll have to go get a point guard" is a cop out since this thread in context was talking about the immediate fortunes of the team
    You'd have to know a few things about fortification to get where I was coming from with that and the Kobe thread. I'm not going to hand hold you on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash & Hedo will be the goods, fortifying each other from the opening bell. Childress will blossom under the tutelage of Nash, as will Warrick. JRich is in his contract year.

The subtraction of Amare can't be minimized. He was terrible here, on both ends. Had no clue how to play NBA ball. He'll be fine in NYC where symbolism over substance is honored.

Also, and just a hunch, but, I feel "disaster" about to befall the Lakers. We're overdue for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. the simple fact is, you thought OKC would be better when Westbrook got hurt, and they were much, much worse. You then tried to spin it by saying "they'd be able/forced to get a real pg" when this thread was describing the team at that moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. the simple fact is, you thought OKC would be better when Westbrook got hurt, and they were much, much worse. You then tried to spin it by saying "they'd be able/forced to get a real pg" when this thread was describing the team at that moment.
    Ok I tried to offer you a lifeline but you refuse. Please continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing more to say

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There were goods and bads resulting from Rondo's injury and it was lucky of the celtics that the good side overwhelmed the bad. They played more like a team without that assist-padder, and they ended up playing better with vets running the show. Russell checks a lot of shots but that's exactly what OKC need from him, and that's also the only way he could benefit his team. OKC have no chemistry to fall back upon when a key player falls down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest issue of RW is not the overall amount of shoots he takes but his boneheads plays when the game is in line. In the fourth opponent always can count on a dumb play from Westbrook, this is why Harden was so important cauz he globally was handling the ball in the last few minutes and made the right plays most of the time including feeding Durant, drawing fools and preventing Westbrook doing something stupid.

Thread Information