Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm insanely jealous of the Grizz for having Marc Gasol, he's definitely becoming the best big in the game, tbh...
    That's all I'm saying. He is better than what many Spurs fans will admit to - even after 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think u are trolling but i am gonna bite.

Scoring
    17,8 ppg(50% FG)[21,3 per 36] vs
    14,1 (49% FG)[14,5 per 36]

Rebounding
    9,9 rpg(19% TRB) [11,9 per 36]
    7,8 rpg(13,1% TRB) [8,0 per 36]

Blocks
    2,7 bpg(BLK%= 6,4) [3,2 per 36]
    1,7 bpg(BLK%= 4,1) [1,8 per 36]

Duncan DRtg = 95
    M.Gasol DRtg = 98 (and he has better defenders on his team than Timmy)

Ownage.

Duncan is better in every facet of the game in 2013 than Marc Gasol.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I don't know about the best big in the game, but I think he's more talented then he's shown.

The guy can be passive at times.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That's all I'm saying. He is better than what many Spurs fans will admit to - even after 8.
    Still though, Duncan has the edge until he retires... then it'll be Marc Gasol, Brow, and maybe Blake if his next coach can get him to stop being passive...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still though, Duncan has the edge until he retires... then it'll be Marc Gasol, Brow, and maybe Blake if his next coach can get him to stop being passive...
    Edge? There's a chasm between Gasol and Tim. Duncan is averaging more per game than Gasol in every statistical category despite playing 5-6 minutes per game less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think u are trolling but i am gonna bite.

Scoring
    17,8 ppg(50% FG)[21,3 per 36] vs
    14,1 (49% FG)[14,5 per 36]

Rebounding
    9,9 rpg(19% TRB) [11,9 per 36]
    7,8 rpg(13,1% TRB) [8,0 per 36]

Blocks
    2,7 bpg(BLK%= 6,4) [3,2 per 36]
    1,7 bpg(BLK%= 4,1) [1,8 per 36]

Duncan DRtg = 95
    M.Gasol DRtg = 98 (and he has better defenders on his team than Timmy)

Does this account for pace? I highly doubt Duncan puts up those numbers in Memphis. Just like if Marc played in SA his numbers would likely e due to their style of play. Kind of how MDA's offense made Earl Clark look like a decent player (for a stretch anyway).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this account for pace? I highly doubt Duncan puts up those numbers in Memphis. Just like if Marc played in SA his numbers would likely e due to their style of play. Kind of how MDA's offense made Earl Clark look like a decent player (for a stretch anyway).
    Backpedaling.

Duncan not even playing as many minutes as Gasol.

You're ing wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this is even debatable shows how weak NBA front courts are these days. That being said, Gasol is still not the best big man in the game. , I'd argue he's still not the best Gasol in the NBA now that his brother is actually getting touches in LA. And as others have pointed out, Duncan is still superior to Baby Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but is wish we never traded his rights to the Grizzlies. This dude has a wet jumper. He bangs. He rebounds. He swats. He's a crafty passer. His hoops IQ is on par with his soft brother.

He just won DPOY and has improved each year he has played. He still hasn't reached his ceiling. He played a major role in 8 and if they beat the Clipps this year (I expect it tbh), he'll be the catalyst.

What's not to like about him? I'd trade Howard for this dude right now and not think twice tbh.
    Umm you traded him for 2 Championships. I think that was worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan submits exhibit A. Spurfan rests their case.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn Marc Gasol has become the most overated player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at first I thought you were trolling, but then I realized that you have to be somewhat intelligent to troll.

The rebound rate that he showed you most definitely accounts for pace, but just for the sake of argument let's throw another stat in there...

PER accounts for pace. Let's have a look at those numbers:

Duncan: 24.45 (#6 in the league)
    Gasol: 19.57 (#34 )

Marc is a fantastic defender and passer, with a sweet jumper, but he's not the best big in the game. , he's not even the best rebounding/scoring big on his own team.

Duncan is the better scorer, rebounder, and leader. Passing and overall defense are a wash. There are only 2 things in all of basketball that Marc does better than Duncan: pick and roll D and FT shooting (barely).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat Gasol is 7'1" and has a rebounding rate similar to Brook Lopez's, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like everyone has decided to start sucking his at once, after years of flying under the radar.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    plus Marc & bynum would be surpluses to each other and you'll have to split minutes at C between these two s, which means both s being underused.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gasol is a beast. Does it all for a big man, not going to get mad that we got pau though LkrFan, Pau in his prime was the best big in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakerfans, owned by stats. Per par.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but is wish we never traded his rights to the Grizzlies. This dude has a wet jumper. He bangs. He rebounds. He swats. He's a crafty passer. His hoops IQ is on par with his soft brother.

He just won DPOY and has improved each year he has played. He still hasn't reached his ceiling. He played a major role in 8 and if they beat the Clipps this year (I expect it tbh), he'll be the catalyst.

What's not to like about him? I'd trade Howard for this dude right now and not think twice tbh.
    Typical Laker fan. Without Pau you don't ring in 2009 and 2010. He'll be fine next year after the Lakers amnesty him and he goes to a team that knows how to use him, instead of Coach Pringles having him shoot 18 foot jumpers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Typical Laker fan. Without Pau you don't ring in 2009 and 2010. He'll be fine next year after the Lakers amnesty him and he goes to a team that knows how to use him, instead of Coach Pringles having him shoot 18 foot jumpers.
    They won't amnesty him. Trade is more likely. What would they gain through amnesty if he has great trade value as an expiring $19M contract?

Agreed on how they (MB & MDA) did not using him correctly, but even if they did - for at least 2 years - Marc has been a better center than him too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    plus Marc & bynum would be surpluses to each other and you'll have to split minutes at C between these two s, which means both s being underused.
    In this scenario you trade Bynum and build around Marc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's an all star. He also just won DPOY to go with his complete offensive game. We'll see if he's overrated if you guys matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the 2nd best big in the league right now behind Duncan.

And that's not my homerism speaking. Duncan has been in stroke this year on both ends of the court, and should've won DPOY, but I think his comparatively lower minutes compared to Gasol and the games his missed due to injury/rest is why he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't deserve DPOY. Duncan or Lebron should've won it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he aint on the level

Thread Information