San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    t

By the same man
    Touche'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fastol even trying to flop after he gets hit with the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gasols cant catch a break.

Pau gets his kicked in early then he goes to watch his brother get the same treatment.

How ironic.
    Yep, that has to be doubly painful for Pau. Thinking, "Well Duncan beat us but at least the Grizzlies have a good shot." And then Duncan promptly takes a broom to fat brother's face.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talking 2013 here. This isn't a lifetime achievement award. TD is NOT better than him everywhere right now. Prove it.
    Seems like TD has proved it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slim Duncan > Fat Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, we need the gif of Duncan going and-1 in OT forcing the fat Gasol to foul him with his face. Then /thread

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This was posted on another forum. It's an analysis of the Spurs defense on Shaq:

I decided to go over the 01, 02, 03 Lakers/Spurs playoffs series to see who was primarily guarding Shaq and how effective they were in guarding him. I didn't go over every possession, but I decided to look at every FGA and turnovers forced that Shaq had in those games. I didn't get every game from that 01-03 span, but I did get a majority of them.

vs. Duncan: 21-49 (.429), 8 TOV (5 of them charges/offensive fouls drawn)

vs. Robinson: 31-63 (.492), 5 TOV (1 offensive foul)

vs. Rose: 15-27 (.556), 2 TOV (2 offensive fouls)

vs. Other big men (Bryant, Willis, Walker): 6-12, 1 TOV (1 offensive foul)

vs. Guards: 0-3

vs. open shots with no one guarding Shaq: 11-13

I also kept track of double teams both before the shot and double teams during the shot (sometimes both happened). I didn't count double teams that had no effect on the shot or soft double teams.

vs. Duncan: 11 before shot, 14 after shot, 20 total double teams (35.1% double team%)

vs. Robinson: 10 before shot, 15 after shot, 23 total double teams (33.8% double team%)

vs. Rose: 4 before shot, 5 after shot (33.3% double team%)

vs. other big men: 2 before shot, 3 after shot, 3 total double teams (23.1 double team%)

In 2003, The Spurs made a concerted effort not to double Shaq. They even mentioned it in one of the broadcasts where Popovich told them that they didn't want anyone else to beat them. In the other years, Shaq got a decent amount of double teams and very few triple teams. Most of the double teams I saw were soft and had no effect. Shaq was making his move by the time the double came.

Now here are the stats for who was guarding Shaq in the games Duncan/Robinson played (Robinson missed 1 of the games). This is why I started the project. I wanted to see if Robinson was the sole Shaq defender or if the Spurs took turns defending him.

Duncan 31.0%
    Robinson 46.9%
    Rose 19.3%
    Willis 2.1%
    Walker 0.7%

I didn't include any wide open shots or times when guards defended him. Usually, Robinson started off the game vs. Shaq. Then Rose would come in and guard Shaq and take turns with Duncan. Usually in the middle of the game, Duncan and Robinson took turns guarding Shaq even in clutch situations.

Duncan looked better vs. Shaq and the numbers back it up. There were plenty of instances where Shaq couldn't back down Duncan. But Shaq did dunk on him quite a bit. Shaq dunked on everyone from the Spurs.
    3-13 FGAs
    6-24 FGAs >>>>> 3-13 FGAs
    1 assistesis
    chucking and hogging at the same time on the biggest stage
    30 minutes (Too Tired Timmy?)
    no blocks
    9 more points than me and I didn't play
    Winner of the 2013 ugly ass shirt award
    listening to paint dry is less boring than TD press conference
    brining down Finals' ratings despite playing the Kang
    outplayed by Bosh e and bukkaked by this guy:

at TD being the "Best big man in the game"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're seriously going to bump this after Duncan outplayed both Gasol and Randolph in the last series?

You're getting mighty desperate for one of your takes to hold up as true, ain't ya?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're seriously going to bump this after Duncan outplayed both Gasol and Randolph in the last series?

You're getting mighty desperate for one of your takes to hold up as true, ain't ya?
    Nothing needs to be said son. Even the stoic Timmay has nothing to say:

3-13 FGAs. No 3ptrs. No halfcourt shotclock buzzer beaters. Just.miss.after.miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing needs to be said son. Even the stoic Timmay has nothing to say:

3-13 FGAs. No 3ptrs. No halfcourt shotclock buzzer beaters. Just.miss.after.miss.
    Just like Randolph and Gasol last series, right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just like Randolph and Gasol last series, right?
    Deflecting again? I'll bite. Si' - but you gotta admit that he wasn't going against a HOF defensive big like Mutombo or Mourning... 6'5" Haslem, 219lb Bosh and Pedo Bird shut "the best big in the game" dwn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deflecting again? I'll bite. Si' - but you gotta admit that he wasn't going against a HOF defensive big like Mutombo or Mourning... 6'5" Haslem, 219lb Bosh and Pedo Bird shut "the best big in the game" dwn.
    But the fact he had a bad game against the Heat adds no validity to your take, since he just outplayed the guy you called the best big man in the game last series.

So desperate for one of your takes to be true, you resort to this.

But yes, Duncan played like . Needs to quit with the turn around jumpers and just post up. 6 of his misses came from 11 feet and out. Unacceptable when the Heat have such a soft frontline. Pop needs to utilize "4 down" more next game and not be so overly concerned with "spacing," which is why Duncan is primarily a jumpshooting big man these days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But the fact he had a bad game against the Heat adds no validity to your take, since he just outplayed the guy you called the best big man in the game last series.

So desperate for one of your takes to be true, you resort to this.

But yes, Duncan played like . Needs to quit with the turn around jumpers and just post up. 6 of his misses came from 11 feet and out. Unacceptable when the Heat have such a soft frontline. Pop needs to utilize "4 down" more next game and not be so overly concerned with "spacing," which is why Duncan is primarily a jumpshooting big man these days.
    Me, desperate? I'm not seeking anyone's approval son. I'm just talking like I always d.

Anywho, despite being the champs and having a great perimeter oriented team, they're front line is weak. Duncan should have demanded the rock on either block. He's taller and heavier than everyone on their roster. Easily should have beasted. Betaesque how he didn't take those light in the ass gs on the lower block. You guys put this loss on Manure, but I put it squarely on TD. This series is his to win. Manure is playing against the strength of their team whereas TD is playing against their weakest links. Yet he goes out and shoots 3-13? Pathetic.

And I believe if Memphis had a competent PG, no way Duncan outplays M Gasol tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who would have thunk it? In the 2013 NBA Finals: Bird >> TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me, desperate? I'm not seeking anyone's approval son. I'm just talking like I always d.

Anywho, despite being the champs and having a great perimeter oriented team, they're front line is weak. Duncan should have demanded the rock on either block. He's taller and heavier than everyone on their roster. Easily should have beasted. Betaesque how he didn't take those light in the ass gs on the lower block. You guys put this loss on Manure, but I put it squarely on TD. This series is his to win. Manure is playing against the strength of their team whereas TD is playing against their weakest links. Yet he goes out and shoots 3-13? Pathetic.

And I believe if Memphis had a competent PG, no way Duncan outplays M Gasol tbh.
    Yeah, Mike Conley is a scrub.

it

Fact: Duncan shat on your "best big man in the game" and nothing that happens in this series will change that fact. Another one of your takes backfired and "u mad" about it, thus your bump of this thread. Trying to salvage your dignity.

He also shat on Pau Gasol and Howard.

at having to wait a month to get in a dig at Duncan (after 7-22 against the Warriors). Your balls must've been bluer than Dwight Howard's after he was shut down by Mary Carey in favor of that got NSYNC member

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Mike Conley is a scrub.

it
    He was when they needed him to be a stud in det 4th game:
    TP = 37 points, 6 assistesis
    MC = 9 points, 7 assistesis (4-13 FGAs )

Yes, I'm a what have you done for me lately type of fan. And lately, TD went 3-13 against a marshmello frontline.

Fact: Duncan shat on your "best big man in the game" and nothing that happens in this series will change that fact. Another one of your takes backfired and "u mad" about it, thus your bump of this thread. Trying to salvage your dignity.

He also shat on Pau Gasol and Howard.

...in fact I'm chilling... not a care in the world

at having to wait a month to get in a dig at Duncan (after 7-22 against the Warriors). Your balls must've been bluer than Tim Duncan's - and we know why
    FIFY Sn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was when they needed him to be a stud in det 4th game:
    TP = 37 points, 6 assistesis
    MC = 9 points, 7 assistesis (4-13 FGAs )

Yes, I'm a what have you done for me lately type of fan. And lately, TD went 3-13 against a marshmello frontline.

...in fact I'm chilling... not a care in the world

FIFY Sn
    So you admit your balls were blue?

Thought so

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you admit your balls were blue?

Thought so
    n son. -25 points for wondering about my saggin' deuce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan you lost the right to bump this thread when Duncan tapped dat ass for 4 straight games yo. TBH, if you're gonna bump , bump s that are legit. But then again, do you have those kind of threads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan you lost the right to bump this thread when Duncan tapped dat ass for 4 straight games yo. TBH, if you're gonna bump , bump s that are legit. But then again, do you have those kind of threads?
    The Wade TOSB take is his last hope. Wade has indeed looked like thus far.

Don't bump it, though, Lkrfan. It'll backfire and Wade will probably go off for 40 next game.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

Thread Information