Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Has he already proven he is the best running quarter back of all time?

Not in terms of the best winner, but hte best running quarterback, with the biggest effect on a game?

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    No, but he will before it's all over.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

who do u think is then

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Well this is what I think about VY.

If Texas can actually protect Vince to let him throw the ball, we'll see what kind of passer he is. I don't think his passing game is THAT bad but he certainly needs to improve to be a QB in the NFL. He's a running QB thusfar, because he's HAD to be. Now, given that, Vick was a good running QB, ELWAY was a good running QB but only ran, of course, when he had to. Culpepper is a good running QB.

You may be right about him in college, I'd have to look at the stats, but in the Pros, you don't call plays where your QB runs the ball so that remains to be seen. In the Pros a QB's main job is tossing the rock and that's where we have to see if VY can develope.

Like I said, he's not awful as far as college. He'd get eaten alive in the pros', as did Manning his first few years.
    Last edited by word; 07-09-2005 at 11:56 PM.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    I'll add the one thing in the 'head of Vince Young' is he gives up too early to let a play develope and let his recievers get open because he knows....'well , I can just run and get SOME yards, so his running skill becomes detrimental to his learning to be a throwing QB. This is where he has to learn to have patience. I think Quan is gonna be the real deal and will help VY immensely.(sp)
    Last edited by word; 07-09-2005 at 11:58 PM.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think VY will get drafted as a QB in the NFL.
    Remember, this is only his JR yr & he has plenty of time to improve on his passing.
    He will be a 1st round pick in the NFL. I'm not guaranteeing he is a top 5 or 10 pick but 1st round. Of course something like an injury could change that for VY like it could for most players.
    This yr's O-line is the best yet that he'll play behind & even though it will be a RB by committee UT will get plenty of rushing yards.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Agreed. I think, hope, that Vince stays his senior year. Everyone yaps about VY's passing game but forget he's just a junior this year. I think his passing game will improve on an 'as needed basis'. I think Quan Cosby is gonna be a force to contend with and will ultimately be a better reciever than Williams. That dude is the real deal and is going to help Vince.

I still look for Texas to be a running team. I'd bet by years end they've run more reverse plays than any college team in history. If you look at the numbers, Ramonce Taylor ain't no slouch.

Things are looking good this year. OU won't be a prob. OSU is our game this year. That and aTm. aTm is gonna be a contendor this year. They have Vince Youngs twin brother seperated at birth. Tech is gonna be a good team this year as well.

It's gonna be a great year for Texas football. I can't wait....

Post Count
    Yeah, OSU @ night in the horseshoe will be awesome. I will be at that game.
    A couple of buds & I are prob going to have to buy South Stand tkts for apprx $300 each. The prices so far from brokers is horrible!

Post Count
    $335 - Airfare RT
    $100 - Hotel
    $300 - Game tkt
    $250 - Spending money (includes Fri & Sat night in Columbus)

I don't want to spend more than $1K on this trip. Will be close.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Lucky Bastage !!!

That game there is gonna crank up the heat in college football QUICK.

Week 2. Usually that early teams are playing sure wins...

I give both schools props for having BIG NUTS to even schedule that. Then, next year, same thing...week two at DKR...OSU.

God I love college football. Easily the greatest of them all.

not only that, but vince young is perhaps the greatest living american.

$335 - Airfare RT
    $100 - Hotel
    $300 - Game tkt
    $250 - Spending money (includes Fri & Sat night in Columbus)

I don't want to spend more than $1K on this trip. Will be close.

PRICELESS - poor loser texas fan blowing his monthly paycheck and a weekend travelling to ohio to watch texas lose.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    Another Senseless Sooner Post ...

Soon to be followed by ....Another Angry Sooner Post...

'Waterboy White' was the greatest EVER...'

Man that beatdown really STANG didn't it ?

Post Count
    PRICELESS - poor loser texas fan blowing his monthly paycheck and a weekend travelling to ohio to watch texas lose.
    The trip will be priceless..If you got off your ass & had a job you'd be able to afford the trip too!

I bet the transgendered poster using the IGNORANT PUSSY name won't name the college team they're a fan of..Only stand on the sidelines watch men discuss sports.

Post Count
    Man that beatdown really STANG didn't it ?
    Was it 55-19?

I actually wanted to watch the Rose & Orange bowls again so I just ordered them on DVD last night.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    I and everyone else stopped watching in the second quarter....so...who knows...I'll assume that's right. Then of course, when they touted themselves as the best college football team EVER.....and they did....things didn't work out against LSU.

Jason Waterboy White, the biggest joke of a Heisman winner since that dude at Miami.

God almighty... to think...Jason White and Gino Torretta own a Heisman. WOW !!!

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    Was it 55-19?

I actually wanted to watch the Rose & Orange bowls again so I just ordered them on DVD last night.
    So, Texas fan is down to propping up OTHER schools for delivering the beat down that the Longhorns can't????? I'm not sure that USC smacking OU is much for UT fan to be jumping up and down about.

As for Vince Young, I think there's a great deal of local hype at play here. If Vince Young was the QB at, say, the University of Washington, I'd be very surprised if anyone here was spending time debating whether he was the greatest running QB ever.

He's certainly not even the most successful running QB in college history. Tony Rice was a running QB at Notre Dame in 1988, and he won a national championship. Mike Vick is, in my opinion, far, far more explosive as a runner than Vince Young, and Vick lead his team to a national championship game as a sop re.

I realize this isn't about who's most successful, but I'd pick Vick over Young every day, mostly because when Vick was at VT, teams had to gameplan only for him, essentially, and he still abused some really good defenses. We've never seen what Young can do without a top-flight RB (a top-5 pick quality). If he tears apart good defenses without Benson, we can talk. Until then, Vince Young is a QB who had one really nice bowl game.

Post Count
    So, Texas fan is down to propping up OTHER schools for delivering the beat down that the Longhorns can't????? I'm not sure that USC smacking OU is much for UT fan to be jumping up and down about.
    I see you didn't dare mention what team you favor. A mistake or just another female talking out her ass waving her pompoms? Step to the plate Mr Mouth, who is your team?

Anyone that knows anything about college football knows USC doesn't need props. Merely stating a fact & that pisses people off? Too bad so sad.

Maybe you should read the posts again, I didn't see anyone say VY IS better than Vick. So AGAIN, stop waving the the pompoms.

VY will have better success than your boy Rice in the Pros GUARANTEED.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Maybe you should read the posts again, I didn't see anyone say VY IS better than Vick. So AGAIN, stop waving the the pompoms.
    The le of this thread is "Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB Ever?" To be the greatest running QB ever would inherently involve being better than other past running QBs. FWD stated why he think's Vick isn't, and who he thinks is. You must read at about a 4th grade level.

Post Count
    The le of this thread is "Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB Ever?" To be the greatest running QB ever would inherently involve being better than other past running QBs. FWD stated why he think's Vick isn't, and who he thinks is. You must read at about a 4th grade level.
    You're a bigger idiot than anyone I've seen lately on this board.
    WHO RIGHT NOW is Better than Vick @ this subject?
    RIGHT NOW there isn't a better running QB than Vick. PERIOD, so don't say Jason "scott's Lover" White or any other ouSELESS QB son.
    Stick to putting your on your namesake..Your parents think of you & so do we.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    ***Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB EVER?***
    You must read at about a 4th grade level.
    You're a bigger idiot than anyone I've seen lately on this board.
    WHO RIGHT NOW is Better than Vick @ this subject?
    RIGHT NOW there isn't a better running QB than Vick. PERIOD, so don't say Jason "scott's Lover" White or any other ouSELESS QB son.
    Stick to putting your on your namesake..Your parents think of you & so do we.
    You just proved my point... thanks.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    I see you didn't dare mention what team you favor. A mistake or just another female talking out her ass waving her pompoms? Step to the plate Mr Mouth, who is your team?
    What difference does it make what team I support. My point is that Longhorn fan tried to blast OU fan for the Sooners huge bowl loss, while conveniently forgetting that: (1) UT didn't deliver that beat-down; and (2) that OU has consistently beaten down UT in the Stoops/Brown era.

If you can explain to me why the direction of my support makes any difference in the context of this discussion, I'll consider offering up that information. But I'll warn you -- my ardent support goes to the Division I team that I actually PLAYED for, but I doubt you'll find my answer to be very satisfying.

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    Vince Young, or Black Jesus as he's known around these parts, throws like a girl. Given that, it's tough to be considered the best quarterback of any kind.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    You just proved my point... thanks.

Post Count
    If you can explain to me why the direction of my support makes any difference in the context of this discussion, I'll consider offering up that information. But I'll warn you -- my ardent support goes to the Division I team that I actually PLAYED for, but I doubt you'll find my answer to be very satisfying.
    The difference? A is a , you just proved my point.
    You weren't proud of who you were then or now. Played for my ass!

My point is there is always a ty opinion & a lame ass excuse behind it.

Thread Information