Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can't make this stuff up, this guy is straight from a cartoon

No worries, guys. He's having fun flamenco dancing in what appears to be a Ferrari jacket at Cafe de Chinitas in Madrid, Spain, where he's spending some time on an early offseason vacation, which is the kind of thing you can do when your team doesn't have to worry about the playoffs. (Bynum also took in a nice meal at Basque restaurant Mesón Txistu and had a nicetime at a Real Madrid match.)Phew. Just glad Andrew's having fun — and even gladder that he's moving around so nimbly. Check out the fancy footwork on the big fella, prospective free-agent suitors! Now those look like some legs that definitely aren't haunted merit a max contract offer, don't they?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    For all the buffoonery this kid has displayed in his short NBA career on and off the court, I have zero problem with him doing some light dancing on a vacation. I think some people become too critical of athletes. Because he was injured this year and had surgery on both knees recently, I think some people assume he should be devoted 200% to his rehab and cut off the rest of his life entirely. No. He's on vacation and having some fun dancing. I say big deal. Is it the best thing for him to do? Surely not. But I don't expect a millionaire kid trying to live his youth to only be eating, sleeping, and working on rehabbing his knees 24/7 until he's 100%. In this day and age of social media, we have become overly critical of every little thing athletes and celebrities do. Let them live a little. I can't imagine having every small little detail of my life being constantly examined under a social microscope.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Wow... Just wow...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For all the buffoonery this kid has displayed in his short NBA career on and off the court, I have zero problem with him doing some light dancing on a vacation. I think some people become too critical of athletes. Because he was injured this year and had surgery on both knees recently, I think some people assume he should be devoted 200% to his rehab and cut off the rest of his life entirely. No. He's on vacation and having some fun dancing. I say big deal. Is it the best thing for him to do? Surely not. But I don't expect a millionaire kid trying to live his youth to only be eating, sleeping, and working on rehabbing his knees 24/7 until he's 100%. In this day and age of social media, we have become overly critical of every little thing athletes and celebrities do. Let them live a little. I can't imagine having every small little detail of my life being constantly examined under a social microscope.
    It's not that, it's just the fact his knees are made of glass and we had a saying back in the day about Bynum no matter what he did,"For god's sakes watch the knees." He is THAT sensitive, this guys career nearly ended because of a bowling accident. It may in fact be over imo

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If his knees are made of glass, they'll break sooner or later no matter what he does. Even if he does nothing off the court to cause harm, it will happen on the court.

So while he's young, let him have his fun. Even dumb pro athletes deserve to live their lives.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really should give it 200% seen as how this caricature has given zero efforts out on the court when he is actually playing.

He basically got rich on hype alone.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    He really should give it 200% seen as how this caricature has given zero efforts out on the court when he is actually playing.

I think he got rich off of his genes, not on hype alone.

I think if he held off surgery to do this like he did that one time a couple of years ago, I'd see a bigger issue. But he had his knee surgeries last month. Even the most dedicated rehabbers will take a break every now and then. Him going on vacation and dancing doesn't mean he won't work hard to rehab. We just assume he won't work hard because history tells us he won't. But this dancing in Spain video really doesn't seem like a big problem to me, no more than him being at the Playboy mansion. Now, if he's practicing tumbling gymnastics on a trampoline, yeah, that wouldn't be good. But he's in Spain on vacation and doing harmless dancing. If he can get hurt bowling, then he can get hurt doing anything. He can get out of bed the wrong way and hurt his knees. He can walk and hurt his knees. I don't see this as some extreme activity with high risk of re-injuring his knees any more so than any everyday activity.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bynum comes back this year ballin'. Dude might be an idiot but he is supremely talented. Difference maker for any team

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

ty take, tbh.... Bynum's easily a top two center in the league when he plays, definitely more than just hype there....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty take, tbh.... Bynum's easily a top two center in the league when he plays, definitely more than just hype there....
    My post clearly went over your head.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any talent. Just that he has no heart as he has clearly shown time and time again.

Him not giving a and not having talent are two different things entirely.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My post clearly went over your head.
    Typically happens with that dumb

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when your team doesn't have to worry about the playoffs
    Since he doesn't have a team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somehow, i'm not surprised

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    agreed. you would go crazy if you did not take some time to enjoy life what's the point of being rich?
    But oth it does LOOK bad ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since he's a free agent, doesn't it look GOOD that he's able to dance?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Since he's a free agent, doesn't it look GOOD that he's able to dance?
    Sure that part is good to see...
    But when you getting paid big dolars and missed the entire season partially because of a bowling incident ...
    Flamenco dancing in Spain is not the best PR move ...

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    But when you getting paid big dolars and missed the entire season partially because of a bowling incident ...
    No, no it is not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been a lot worse if this happened during the season, tbh.

It's the off-season now, and it doesn't bother me how he spends his time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's too sexy for his height

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fergie the Florist has a great sig, though I don't know what is allowed or not on here. some nice ties though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There will come a day when the Lakers will rue trading him when he's ting on everyone in the court. Too bad his at ude is that of a monkey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent point!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that, it's just the fact his knees are made of glass and we had a saying back in the day about Bynum no matter what he did,"For god's sakes watch the knees." He is THAT sensitive, this guys career nearly ended because of a bowling accident. It may in fact be over imo
    Why do you give a ? Your team shipped him off for Bible Kemp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be working on finding a team, and not on dance moves. Another NBA player with million doller contracts that will be broke at 30+ tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol bynum went kobe on philly this season.

Thread Information