Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and of course, you have not comment on the thread topic.

Why don't you consolidate all of these into "VRWC War on Everything a.k.a. (Repug Gun Fellatin Madness is the Central Issue of Our Time)"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you consolidate all of these into "VRWC War on Everything a.k.a. (Repug Gun Felatin Madness is the Central Issue of Our Time)"?
    and of course, you have no comment on the thread topic.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-29-2014 at 04:04 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why don't you consolidate all of these into "VRWC War on Everything a.k.a. (Repug Gun Fellatin Madness is the Central Issue of Our Time)"?
    No . Or his own forum where he can spam away while nobody reads the threads.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    don't worry, swine, my pearls are ignored.
    Delusional, except for the ignored part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stalker TB SERIOUSLY butthurt by all The Great Boutons' slappings.

and of course, no comment on the thread topic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    boutons
    thinkprogress
    delusions of stalking
    spam ignored by anyone with an IQ
    thinkprogress

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons
    thinkprogress
    delusions of stalking
    spam ignored by anyone with an IQ
    thinkprogress

no delusions, 99% of your posts are less, futile attempts to trash The Great Boutons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . Or his own forum where he can spam away while nobody reads the threads.
    It's seems to be turning into that anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

no delusions, 99% of your posts are less, futile attempts to trash The Great Boutons

You cut and paste 1000 moonbat blogs and think youve accomplished ANYTHING.
    Here's my comment. Your moonbat op eds make Faux look like geniuses. They are so breathlessly vapid that nobody bothers to wade thru them.... ...you dont read half of them.
    delusional
    boutons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB less as ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisconsin’s Gov. Walker based ‘living wage’ ruling on restaurant industry study

Under pressure to raise the state's minimum wage, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker confidently declared that there was no need. Low-wage workers had filed a complaint charging that the state's minimum wage -- $7.25 -- did not cons ute a "living wage" as mandated by state law. But the Republican governor's administration, after examining the issue, announced on Oct. 6 that it found "no reasonable cause" for the workers' complaint.

That official government finding, according to do ents reviewed by the International Business Times , was largely based on information provided by the state's restaurant industry -- which represents major low-wage employers including fast-food companies.

The Raise Wisconsin campaign, which is pushing for a higher minimum wage, requested all do ents on which the state based the "living wage" ruling. And the only economic analysis that the administration released in response was one from the Wisconsin Restaurant Association -- a group that lobbies against minimum wage increases, and whose website says it is includes low-wage employers such as "fast food Walk" and "corporate chain restaurants."

The restaurant association's study argued that a minimum wage increase would harm the state. It did not actually address whether workers can survive on the $7.25 minimum wage.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/w...e+Raw+Story%29

Walker is a puppet of the Kock Bros.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millions Of Workers Will Get A Raise On New Years Day

. Currently, 15 states have automatic increases built into their minimum wages, unlike the federal law.

The January 1 raises range from a 12-cent boost in Florida, whose minimum wage will increase to $8.05, to a $1.25 increase in South Dakota, bringing its wage to $8.50.

The increases in the New Year will mean that in 2015, the majority of states — 29 and Washington, DC — will have minimum wages set above the federal level of $7.25 an hour. They will also mean that 60 percent of all American workers will live in a state with a higher minimum wage.

Another half million workers will get a raise later in 2015, when legislation passed in Delaware and Minnesota to raise their wages goes into effect.

The states that raised their wages on January 1 of 2014 had experienced faster job growth than those that didn’t as of midyear.

Washington has had the highest minimum wage for 15 years and has seen
    steady, above-average job growth.

Overall, economists who studied state-level wage increases over two decades didn’t find any evidence that they impacted jobs.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...-minimum-wage/

those wages STILL SUCK

Raise FEDERAL minimum to $15/hour over 3 years.

Obama must raise the OT qualification to all workers below $70K/year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Typical Millennial Is $2,000 Poorer Than His Parents at This Age

The past is another country. In 1980, the typical young worker in Detroit or Flint, Michigan, earned more than his counterpart in San Francisco or San Jose. The states with the highest median income were Michigan, Wyoming, and Alaska. Nearly 80 percent of the Boomer generation, which at the time was between 18 and 35, was white, compared to 57 percent today.

Three decades later, in 2013, the picture of young people—yes, Millennials—is a violently shaken kaleidoscope, and not all the pieces are falling into a better place. Michigan's median income for under-35 workers has fallen by 26 percent, more than any state. In fact, beyond the east coast, earnings for young workers fell in every state but Hawaii and South Dakota.

How Young Adult Earnings Compared to 1980
    Census
    The median income of young adults today is $2,000 less today than their parents in 1980, adjusted for inflation. The earnings drop has been particularly steep in the rust belt and across the northwest.

Although these figures paint a lugubrious picture of young workers today, it's nonetheless true that Boston, San Jose, Washington, San Francisco, and New York's metro areas have all seen double-digit real income growth since 1980. The coasts (and, more recently, energy-rich states like Texas) have largely thrived.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...arents/385029/

so the
    East and Left Coasts have thrived along with carbon-state Texas, while the fly-over Repug red states have gotten poorer, tier.

God/guns/gays/abortion voters have really gotten screwed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chart of the Day: Wages Are Down For Almost Everyone

EPI's Elise Gould provides us with wage data for 2014 today, and the results aren't pretty:

• Every group has seen a ulative drop in wages since 2007 except for the top 5 percent (red line).
    • Every group saw a drop in wages in 2014 except for the bottom 10 percent (dark blue line).

Why did wages of the poor rebound a bit last year? Because 19 states raised their minimum wages:

A state-by-state comparison of trends in the 10th percentile suggests that these minimum-wage increases account for the nationwide 10th percentile increase.

Between 2013 and 2014, the 10th percentile wage in states with minimum-wage increases grew by an average of 1.6 percent, while it barely rose (a 0.3 percent increase) in states without a minimum-wage increase.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...lmost-everyone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inarguable evidence of why the Repugs/VRWC/1% relentlessly War On Unions

How Unions Help Redistribute Wealth Throughout US Society

The Economic Policy Ins ute (EPI), a progressive thinktank, published a chart earlier this week showing a striking correlation between the decline of union membership and the upsurge of income inequality.

While a variety of factors affect wealth inequality and union membership, it’s hard not to notice that the two graphs are nearly mirror images of each other: As union membership increases, the share of wealth by the richest 10 percent of Americans decreases; as membership goes down, the wealthy’s share goes up.

According to the chart, based on studies by Colin Gordon and an updated analysis of tax data by Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, the percent of public and private sector workers in unions continues to fall, reaching its lowest rate since 1936 at 11.1 percent last year. At the same time, the share of income going to the top 10 percent of wage earners reached an all-time high of 47.8 percent in 2012.

As membership increased after 1936 during the Great Depression, peaking at 33.4 percent in 1945 and staying about the same until 1960, the top 10 percent’s share of wealth fell. At a height of 46.3 percent in 1932, the share of wealth held by the richest tenth fell to 31.5 percent by 1944, remaining stable till about 1980. As union membership steadily declined after 1980, the wealthiest Americans saw their share of riches surge.

Gordon explained the importance of unions in other realms beyond higher wages for their members: “Unions at midcentury also exerted considerable political clout, sustaining other political and economic choices (minimum wage, job-based health benefits, Social Security, high marginal tax rates, etc.) that dampened inequality.”

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2...out-us-society

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even After Walmart Got Busted in Court for Stealing Workers' Wages, It's Trying Not to Pay Up

Walmart employees have over $187 in damages they can collect from a successful wage theft lawsuit, but the company is arguing that each victim should get their own lawyer.

At the end of the 2014, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court affirmed lower court rulings which dictated Walmart was required to pay $151 million in unpaid wages and damages. This sum is supposed to go to an estimated 186,000 employees who worked for the company from 1998-2006. Including attorney fees, the total actually reaches over $187 million.

The ruling stems from a 2002 class action lawsuit that was filed against the retail giant in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas. The plaintiffs claimed that Walmart made them work through 33 million allotted rest breaks because management was under pressure to cut down labor costs. According to the lawsuit, managers received lucrative bonuses if certain profits were reached. Forcing workers to skip their breaks would, no doubt, increase their chances of obtaining the bonuses.

http://www.alternet.org/walmart-wage...er1034143&t=13

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kockenstein at work on the VRWC War on Employees, Repugs are the main warriors everywhere.

Could Wisconsin's Scott Walker now abolish the weekend?

Legislators have introduced a bill to abolish employees' legal right to at least one day off per week.

State law currently allows factory or retail employees to work seven days or more in a row for a limited period, but they and their employer have to jointly pe ion the Department of Workforce Development for a waiver. These pe ions apparently number a couple of hundred a year. The new proposal would allow workers to "voluntarily choose" to work without a day of rest. The state agency wouldn't have a say.

It can't be a secret what "voluntarily" really means in this context. As Marquette University law professor Paul Secunda told the Nation, the measure "completely ignores the power dynamic in the workplace, where workers often have a proverbial gun to the head." Workers will know that if the boss demands it, they'll be volunteering or else.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...20-column.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kock Bros war in Kockistan

Weeks After Rushing Right-To-Work, Wisconsin Republicans Prepare Their Next Attack On Labor

Fresh off a rushed approval a controversial “right to work” law that makes it harder for unions to bargain for better pay and conditions, Republicans in Wisconsin now say they have a “better than 50 percent” chance of scrapping state laws that ensure construction workers a living wage.
    Rep. Rob Hutton (R-Brookfield) plans to tack his bill to repeal the state’s nearly century-old “prevailing wage” law for construction workers on local and state projects onto the massive state budget that must pass some time in the next few months. Currently, the law requires contractors bidding for state and local projects to pay workers the average wage in their county for their craft — so a welder in Green Bay will always get the same wage no matter if he or she is local or brought in from another state or country.
    Dan Butkiewicz, the president of Milwaukee Building Trades Council, told ThinkProgress he’s worried that could soon change.

“This is really an attack on the middle class worker,” he said. “If you allow people to come in and undercut wages, you put our local contractors at a disadvantage. Unemployment will go up. People will have less to spend on homes, so less will come in in property taxes. The whole economy will suffer because the less you make, the less you spend.”
    Though unemployment has dropped in Wisconsin over the past few years, the state hastrailed behind most others in job creation, falling behind the rest of the Midwest since Governor Scott Walker took office in 2010.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...-attack-labor/

"free market" means free to screw employees.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scurrilous Corporate Thieves Are Stealing Workers’ Comp

But now comes a cabal of about two-dozen corporate chieftains pushing a vicious new campaign of physical violence against workers. The infamous anti-labor bully, Walmart, is among the leaders, but so are such prestigious chains as Macy’s and Nordstrom, along with Lowe’s, Kohl’s, and Safeway. Their goal is to gut our nation’s workers’ compensation program, freeing corporate giants to injure or even kill employees in the workplace without having to cover all (or, in many cases, any) of the lost wages, medical care, or burial expenses of those harmed.

Why pay for insuring employees when it’s much cheaper just to buy state legislators who are willing to privatize workers’ comp? This lets corporations write their own rules of compensation to slash benefits, cut safety costs — and earn thieving CEOs bigger bonuses.

But who, you might ask, would help these corporate crooks in their callous and calculating scheme to rob workers of their hard-earned benefits? Why, that would be the work of ARAWC — the Association for Responsible Alternatives to Workers’ Compensation.

Mother Jones magazine reports that ARAWC is a front group funded by these hugely profitable retail chains and corporate behemoths that want to weasel out of compensating employees who suffer injuries at work. By law, corporations in nearly every state must carry workers’ comp insurance, but the ARAWC lobbying combine is pressuring legislators to allow the giants to opt out of the state benefit plans and instead subs ute their own, highly restrictive set of benefits.

the CEO of ARAWC also happens to be the head of “risk management” at the mingiest of workplaces: Walmart.

And that’s what this opt-out scam amounts to — corporate profiteers hoping they can manage to escape paying for risking the lives of America’s workforce. Yes, this shifty move is a scurrilous crime, but it’s a crime that pays richly for those at the top. And the money can fill the hole in their souls where their honor used to be.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/scurrilo...-%202015-04-15

btw, 15+ employees went to work today and were killed on the job, happens 200 workdays/year.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-15-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hotel Industry Spins Wage Hikes as Extreme While CEOs Rake in Millions

Hotels are making a killing.

Occupancy rates are exceeding pre-recession highs, and are expected to reach record levels in 2016. Profits per room are up over 11 percent this April compared to April 2014 and the average daily rate for a room is almost 13 percent higher than it was a year ago. Executive salaries have skyrocketed.

But the little-known trade association representing this robust $163 billion industry is a major force fighting behind the scenes on Capitol Hill and in statehouses and courtrooms across the country to keep workers' wages low.

On Wednesday, April 15, the same day that hundreds of thousands of working people in over 200 cities are expected to participate in the largest-ever mobilization of underpaid workers, the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) which represents the 1.8 million-employee U.S. lodging industry will join forces with the National Restaurant Association to ask Congress

to block a federal minimum wage increase,

shrink the number of workers eligible for employer-provided health care insurance, and

challenge the National Labor Relations Board ruling protecting the rights of franchise workers.

Strategy to Undercut Wages Discussed at ALEC

The lawsuit is part of a coordinated legislative, legal and PR strategy detailed by an AHLA lobbyist at a recent conference.

At the 2014 joint meeting of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and its local offshoot, American City County Exchange (ACCE), AHLA Senior Executive Brian Crawford compared the industry's battle against local wage laws to a game of Whack-a-Mole: “We’re trying to beat them down when they pop up.”

In San Diego, Crawford reported, AHLA bankrolled a front group, the San Diego Small Business Association. The group used alarmist claims and outright lies to gather enough signatures to postpone a minimum wage increase and earned sick days bill unanimously approved by the city council, and put the question on the 2016 ballot. More than one local pe ioner for the group was caught on tape lying that the pe ion was actually in support of a minimum wage hike. Meanwhile contributions to the association from actual San Diego small businesses were “few and far between,” as the San Diego Reader put it.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...ke-in-millions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Behind VRWC/BigCorp strategy of EVERYBODY HATES UNIONS, EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE "RIGHT TO WORK" (for less), the real objective is to screw employees while enriching capitalists.

'Right to Work' Debunked: Economists Find Anti-Worker Laws Lead to Lower Wages

Workers in Right to Work states earn an average of $1,558 less per year than their counterparts in states without anti-labor laws

"It's abundantly clear that Right to Work laws are negatively correlated with workers' wages."

"At their core, RTW laws seek to hamstring unions’ ability to help employees bargain with their employers for better wages, benefits, and working conditions," explain Gould and Kimball in their introduction.

"Given that unionization raises wages both for individual union members as well as for nonunion workers in unionized sectors, it is not surprising that research shows that both union and nonunion workers in RTW states have lower wages and fewer benefits, on average, than comparable workers in other states."

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...ad-lower-wages

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two 0.01%er Repug governors getting their asses kicked for lying and for illegal screwing of employees

Chris Christie's signature law called uncons utional in court ... by Christie administration

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's administration is in court arguing that Christie should be able toviolate the public employee pension law he pushed for and signed in his first term in office. According to the law, "members of the public-pension systems shall have a contractual right to the annual required contribution amount."

That shouldn't have been groundbreaking, but it would have been—had Christie followed it—since the previous nine governors, Democrats included, had shorted the state's contribution to the pension fund even as workers put in their share every year.

Christie's signature pension law required workers to pay still more toward pensions and eliminated cost of living adjustments, but the claim was that in exchange for that, the state would start making its full contribution. Instead, it didn't take long for Christie to start shorting the pension fund.

In court on Wednesday, New Jersey Assistant Attorney General Jean Reilly argued that use of the word “contractual” didn’t guarantee a binding contract because the New Jersey state cons ution didn’t allow that. In response, Justice Barry T. Albin asked why, if the Christie administration believed the state cons ution prevented such contractual obligations, it signed into law a bill containing them.“The language is not aspirational,” Albin said. “The language is saying this is a contract.”

But Justice Jaynee LaVecchia suggested to attorney Steve Weissman, who represented public employees, that the state needs to maintain enough flexibility to adjust to changing financial cir stances. “You are still arguing for this law to require every legislature for I don’t know how long to put a certain specified amount … in the budget for every single year,” she said.

Meanwhile, the pension's Wall Street fees have ballooned on Christie's watch, with New Jersey paying nearly $1 billion in fees to financial management firms even as the performance of the state's pension investments have lagged badly. That's something else Christie isn't going to talk about as he argues that he should be able to break his law and his promises.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...8Daily+Kos%29#

So the judge says the state needs to be able to screw state employees ... "changing financial cir stances", but I'm sure if an employee had "changing financial cir stances" that destroyed his ability to pay his mortgage, that judge wouldn't grant the employee any "flexibility"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illinois Supreme Court Rejects Lawmakers’ Pension Overhaul

The Illinois Supreme Court on Friday rejected changes that legislators made to fix a deeply troubled public pension system, leaving the state where it had started — with a significant budget crisis, a vastly underfunded pension program and no plan in sight.

All seven members of the state’s highest court found that a pension overhaul lawmakers had agreed to almost a year and a half ago violated the Illinois Cons ution.

The changes would have curtailed future cost-of-living adjustments for workers, raised the age of retirement for some and put a cap on pensions for those with the highest salaries. But under the state Cons ution, benefits promised as part of a pension system for public workers “shall not be diminished or impaired.”

“Crisis is not an excuse to abandon the rule of law,” Justice Lloyd A. Karmeier wrote in an opinion. “It is a summons to defend it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/09/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosses Are Turning Poverty-Wage Workers Into ‘Managers’—and Barring Them From Overtime in the Process

If you’re one of the millions working in retail, some days you might work late at the register or do the store opening in hopes of clocking a little overtime pay. And you might hope to eventually rise to a higher-ranked managerial position. But did you know that promotion might just mean a smaller paycheck for the same job?

Welcome to the promotion from : Federal law says time-and-a-half is for ordinary laborers, and management is exempt from overtime provisions. So congratulations, as a shop “manager,” you no longer qualify for overtime—but still end up doing basically the same work for less.

Generally, federal labor law requires elevated wages for hours worked over the standard 40-hour week. But in the precarious low-wage economy, advocates say employers are hyper-exploiting the system to skirt fair labor laws, and overtime is fast becoming a relic of the past.

The Obama administration is now seeking to modernize overtime, directing the Labor Department to revamp federal regulations. These set a baseline for state overtime laws (which may or may not offer more generous benefits). Reforms might bring long-overdue upgrades to income thresholds and professional exemptions in order to cover more of the workforce.

Currently, according to a report by National Employment Law Project (NELP), the Fair Labor Standards Act exempts “white collar” supervisors or managers from overtime, and effectively allows bosses to exempt even poverty-wage workers.

To qualify for the “white-collar exemption,” a worker must earn at least $455 a week (the level below which overtime always applies) and have a fancy le like “executive” or “administrative.” But this “white collar” income threshold amounts to a poverty-level annual income today; back in the 1970s, in contrast some two-thirds of workers qualified for overtime. Additionally, NELP reports, “current regulations afford too much leeway for employers to misclassify employees who are not truly managers in any meaningful sense of the word or who do not exercise independent discretion.”

NELP recommends 1) raising the weekly overtime income threshold to at least $984 and as high as $1,327 ($69,004 yearly) and 2) limiting exemptions to workers who “truly exercise independent judgment in performing the job.”

For example, the senior shelf stocker at Big Box store may be required to spend a few weeks a year training new hires. Then her boss “promotes” her by slapping on a new middle-manager name tag that automatically disqualifies her from time-and-a-half. Meanwhile her daily schedule and general duties at the store remain unchanged. So the “white collar” exemption, originally intended for affluent professionals, invites the dubious recasting of front-line workers as “managers” by essentially swapping uniforms without expanding authority or compensation.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/207521...ertime-process

Repugs already screwed 100Ks of worker out of OT 10 years ago, got them re-classified as supervisory staff, and still you ST cretins and dumb red staters vote for Repugs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Employers Get Out of Paying Their Workers

http://priceonomics.com/how-employer...their-workers/

Thread Information