Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lol at believing the FCC is "independent".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe, I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, what does Congress have to do with net neutrality?

FCC commissioners are appointed by POTUS, make net neutrality rules and will enforce them. Seems you're a little unclear on the concept.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a hoax. Everyone knows Barry beat the terrorists! Just look to Iraq and Yemen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at the Houthis as Iranian proxies is as simplistic as well, looking at out current Iraqi allies as Iranian proxies, but with even less justice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the country mostly closely allied with Al Qaeda is and always was... Saudi Arabia.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    perhaps because the vast majority were LE sting operations targeting more or less inept perps, contrived to create the impression that terrorism is a much bigger threat than it actually is.
    They need more funding. Look at how many terrorist attacks they've stopped!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI Uncovers Another Of Its Own Plots, Senator Feinstein Responds By Saying We Should Censor The Internet

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...internet.shtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI Uncovers Another Of Its Own Plots, Senator Feinstein Responds By Saying We Should Censor The Internet

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...internet.shtml

I heard an interview from her regarding the internet censoring thing back after the CIA report and she was saying the same line then. I think the causal link is bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Suarez, the FBI followed its sting playbook to a tee. The informant recorded Suarez making video, as occurred in the sting involving Sami Osmakac, a mentally ill Albanian-American from Florida who was also caught up in a counterterrorism sting.

In the video, Suarez wore a black tactical vest, black shirt, black face mask and a yellow and black scarf. “I call to other brothers worldwide to create a caliphate in the Middle East,” Suarez had written in his video script, according to the affidavit. “Destroy our enemies against us.”

A couple of weeks later, on June 3, the informant introduced Suarez to an undercover FBI agent, who was posing as an Islamic State operative who could supply explosive devices. Suarez allegedly talked of an attack on July 4 in Marathon, Florida, or in Miami Beach.

“They would know that, you know, it’s coming from Islamic State,” Suarez allegedly said.

The Independence Day plot didn’t happen, of course. It’s unclear why, from the FBI affidavit. There is some suggestion that Suarez had cold feet. The undercover agent had to ask Suarez in a phone conversation on July 13 if he was playing games, according to the affidavit.

“No, I don’t,” Suarez answered. “I’m not playing no games.”

The agent then asked if Suarez if he was “true to the Islamic State.”

A one-word answer followed: “Yeah.”

The first undercover agent introduced Suarez to a second agent, a supposed bomb maker for the Islamic State. On July 27, Suarez met with the second undercover agent in Key West and accepted from him what he believed was a backpack bomb. In truth, the device was inert. FBI agents then arrested Suarez, and he was charged with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.

One of Suarez’s former co-workers on a hotel cleaning staff told the local newspaper he was a “a little slow.”

Suarez is the latest man to be arrested as part of an increased push to nab Islamic State sympathizers in FBI counterterrorism stings. These stings, like the ones over the previous decade that targeted so-called lone wolf Qaeda sympathizers, are catching people of questionable capacity who may not even be in contact with the Islamic State. Some of these recent targets have been described as mentally ill.

In Suarez’s case, it’s questionable whether he could have moved a terrorism plot forward were it not for the FBI. When he tried on his own to purchase an AK-47 using his real name and address, according to the FBI affidavit, the seller turned him away.
    The reason: Suarez was incompetent. He had filled out the paperwork incorrectly.
    https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...t-little-slow/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump continues the tradition of grooming terrorists, then busting them:

THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE proudly announced the first FBI terror arrest of the Trump administration on Tuesday: an elaborate sting operation that snared a 25-year-old Missouri man who had no terrorism contacts besides the two undercover FBI agents who paid him to buy hardware supplies they said was for a bomb — and who at one point pulled a knife on him and threatened his family.
    Robert Lorenzo Hester of Columbia, Missouri, didn’t have the $20 he needed to buy the 9-volt batteries, duct tape, and roofing nails his new FBI friends wanted him to get, so they gave him the money. The agents noted in a criminal complaint that Hester, who at one point brought his two small children to a meeting because he didn’t have child care, continued smoking marijuana despite professing to be a devout Muslim.
    https://theintercept.com/2017/02/22/...at-knifepoint/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only contact Hester had with ISIS was with the two undercover agents who suggested to him that they had connections with the group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hester agreed to go along with the agents’ plans, even when they described to him in detail their violent intentions. But that — and buying the hardware supplies requested by the agents — appears to be all he did. There is no evidence that he had ever been in touch with actual terrorists or had developed a plot of his own. Some of what he agreed to go along with in this case also came after an undercover agent had pulled out a knife and threatened to kill him and his family.

Regardless, Hester is now in federal custody on charges of attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization. If convicted on the charges, he faces up to 20 years in prison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/misso...l-support-isis

Paints a different picture than hussain's article that portrayed this dude as some unwitting, unknowing participant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG determined to let us know about the massive threat posed by dangerous right-wing extremists.

Thanks, RG
    Violence by far right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds
    This article is more than 4 months old
    Center for Strategic and International Studies analysis of domestic terrorist incidents found majority have come from far right

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hreat-analysis

Feel free to point out any far left plot to kidnap and kill a Republican governor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your side mass murders worshipers in synagogues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you think you were making a point in this thread when you posted this tweet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to point out any far left plot to kidnap and kill a Republican governor.

[picture of property damage from 2017]

So, nothing violent that actually harmed a person then.

Got it.

"property damage is just as violent as plots to kill people"

ing derp moron.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminding everyone that conspiracy bad. Anyone thinking outside the narrative likely psycho terrorist.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminding everyone that conspiracy bad. Anyone thinking outside the narrative likely psycho terrorist.
    What are you even talking about?

Conspiracies do indeed exist. Believing the fake ones purely on faith is what 70% of Republicans are into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man threatened to blow up people celebrating Biden victory, FBI building, prosecutors say
    https://news.yahoo.com/man-threatene...155832418.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump continues the tradition of grooming terrorists, then busting them:

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/22/...at-knifepoint/
    updated for the Biden era

Mashkoor’s case also follows a pattern of FBI sting operations in which a teenager is arrested shortly after their 18th birthday. As in similar cases, the court do ents suggest that Mashkoor was limited in his ability to execute a terrorist plot on his own.

“This case appears consistent with a common fact pattern seen in tens, if not hundreds, of terrorism-related cases in which the FBI has effectively manufactured terrorist prosecutions,” said Sahar Aziz, a national security expert and law professor at Rutgers University. “In this case, it was a 16-year-old kid who otherwise would have just sat in his relatives’ basement posting offensive content in a manner similar to a white supremacist or Proud Boy — people whom the FBI does not spend enormous resources to entrap just so they can get a high-profile press release.”
    https://theintercept.com/2024/01/10/...autistic-teen/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey, Winestein, the F.B.I. as our Effy is wont to express ed around in RR & Waco, then found out? Back at the office.

Think McVeigh.

Thread Information