Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thought this would have been posted by now. Different video links on each article.

Cleveland police: Missing teens Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive, appear to be OK

CLEVELAND - Cleveland police said missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found in a west side house on Monday.

“This isn’t the ending we usually get,” said MetroHealth Medical Center Dr. Gerald Maloney.

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Ave. in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Mic e Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles Ramsey, a neighbor who found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

Angel Cordero, who spoke Spanish, told NewsChannel5's Stephanie Ramirez that he helped break down the door. He said there was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry from posters.

Cleveland police said three suspects are in custody.

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance. Her mother died of heart failure in 2006.

On April 2, 2004, 14-year-old DeJesus went missing while walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School. She was last seen around West 105 Street and Lorain Avenue. Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, said she believed DeJesus was sold into human trafficking.

“I always said it from the beginning; she was sold to the highest bidder,” Ruiz said in April 2012.

The remaining families of both women went to MetroHealth Medical Center, where they will be reunited. FBI agents were also at the hospital Monday night as family and friends flocked to see the women.

"I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Mic e Knight have been found alive. We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive," Mayor Frank Jackson said.

Last summer, there was a break in Berry case that turned out to be an inmate’s hoax. Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry’s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found. Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

911 call -- 'I've been kidnapped!' -- cops find 3 women missing for years

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/06/us...und/index.html

VIDEO 911 Call:
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-call.cnn.html

(CNN) -- Amanda Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.
    Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.

Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 21, according to the Plain Dealer.

Al three were found alive in a home in a Cleveland neighborhood Monday night, police announced in a development hailed as a miracle by their families.

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," Berry told police in a frantic 911 call from a neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."

Police swiftly moved in on the house where the three of them said they had been and arrested a 52-year-old man, identified as a former school bus driver. Two others, identified as his brothers, ages 50 and 54, also have been arrested, Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba told reporters late Monday. Only the middle brother lived at the home, Tomba said.

The three women and a fourth person were being treated at Cleveland's Metro Health Medical Center on Monday, said Dr. Gerald Maloney, an emergency room physician there.
    "This isn't the ending we usually hear to these stories, so we're very happy. We're very happy for them," Maloney said.

The three women were in fair condition. Maloney would not identify the fourth person being seen at the hospital, but witnesses said Berry, who escaped from the house with the help of a neighbor, had a young child with her.

"They were crazy, screaming, 'Help, call police, please help.' ... They were desperate, crying, running," said Angela Garcia, whose aunt provided the phone for them to call police.
    Another 911 call came in less than a minute later from a man who saw Berry busting out of the house.

"She's like, 'This (expletive) kidnapped me and my daughter,'" Charles Ramsey told 911.

DeJesus's mother, Nancy, met with her at the hospital, cousin Sylvia Colon, told CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." She had never given up hope of finding her daughter alive.

"She has always said that she just could feel it, a link a mom can feel, but she always believed Gina was alive and well," Colon said. "She always believed that. I just want to say what a phenomenal Mother's Day gift she gets this Mother's Day."

Brian mins, a councilman who represents the area where the women were found, identified the suspect in whose home the women were found as Ariel Castro. His uncle, Julian Castro, told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" that his family had grown up in the same west Cleveland neighborhood and knew the DeJesus family.

Castro used to work as a bus driver for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, according to district spokeswoman Roseann Canfora. She did not have specifics Monday night on how long he was employed, when he left, or whether he was fired or left voluntarily.

Ramsey, the neighbor who helped Berry and her child out of the house, told reporters the suspect wasn't known for anything exciting -- "until today."

"We see this dude every day. I've been here a year. I barbecued with this dude. We eat ribs and listen to salsa music," Ramsey said.

And Garcia said neighbors "never saw nothing su ious."
    "We never saw the girls there and we were always outside," she said. "We only saw the guy."

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said there were "many unanswered questions regarding this case, and the investigation will be ongoing." But he added, "I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Neighbor who helped them

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Neighbor who helped them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is up with these interviews?

Piers Morgan: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...pects.cnn.html

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    sick s had children with them

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/ab...-1226636566387

lol at the video in this link too. seems like the neighbor has his own posse .

he kind of looks like the katrina looter.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 05-07-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thought it was him from the video still.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    despite the goofy ass interview his last words were a little nugget of wisdom. very interesting.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    sick s had children with them

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/ab...-1226636566387

lol at the video in this link too. seems like the neighbor has his own posse .

LOL the dude in his posse with the green old-school fiesta logo Spurs hat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    in A i just noticed that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Neighbor who helped them

Did anyone else catch the look on his face when the police siren went off at the 1:06 mark? It was like Pavlov's dogs. He was doing his thing, telling his story and then it's like someone pushed the panic button in his brain. Everything in his brain was telling him to hit the white man in front of him and take off running.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Neighbor who helped them

He looks like what A-Wax from Menace II Society would look like now, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Neighbor who helped them

is a hero

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    What gets me is, how can these sociopaths mingle in society for a decade? I mean, how do they not slip? ing insane. Thank goodness this dude was on the spot.

Did anyone else catch the look on his face when the police siren went off at the 1:06 mark? It was like Pavlov's dogs. He was doing his thing, telling his story and then it's like someone pushed the panic button in his brain. Everything in his brain was telling him to hit the white man in front of him and take off running.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "I'm eating my McDonald's"! Charles deservers a lifetime of free food from Mickey D's.

On the serious side, what kind of ed up dude does this ? And his brothers were in on it too?

So glad those girls were found alive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    The dude may look like a freak but when was on the line he was the one who got those three (four?) out of a decade of horror. Props.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    kinda surprised s happened in cleveland not phoenix tbh.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow. Just incredible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

ROFL yea i noticed that. natural instinct for black men in the inner city.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    "something wrong today when a little white girl runs into a black mans arms."

To this guy! ing GOLD.
    That cat was awesome

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    operater: I thought that was a your address
    Charlses: Nah, nah, I'm smarter than that bruh. I'm telling you where the crime was.

Operator: Are the people still in the house.
    Charles: I don't have a fcking clue bruh, I just said I came from McDonalds

yo, they need to give this man an parade, the key to the city and name a street and a hospital in his honor after this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    For 19 months, Louwana Miller refused to give up hope that her missing daughter might still be alive.

Not anymore.

Desperate for any clue as to Amanda Berry’s whereabouts, and tired of unanswered questions from authorities, Miller turned to a psychic on Montel Williams’ nationally syndicated television show.

The psychic said what the FBI, police and Miller hadn’t.

“She’s not alive, honey,” Sylvia Browne told her matter-of-factly. “Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    What color were the kidnappers?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Neighbor who helped them

Give that man an heineken!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bottom line they are all safe. I have a feeling that sexual abuse and torture were a part of the game for years and hopefully they are able to recover. Props to that dude though, regardless of his perceived "blackness" he's on point and definitely excited to be a part of history and survival.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So the kidnappers are be@ners

Thread Information