Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If you need BBQ sauce when you eat BBQ then you ain't eating good BBQ.
    Yeah, the sauce is for the bread and the beans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Two Bros on West Ave

I hardly ever bump threads, but I just ate at this place today and it absolutely sucks ass.

Bad service, bad food, and fairly expensive.

Other than that....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hardly ever bump threads, but I just ate at this place today and it absolutely sucks ass.

Bad service, bad food, and fairly expensive.

Other than that....
    Yeah, I don't get the hype about Two Brothers...they suck big time...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They still have that crumbly texture peppery sausage? Loved that stuff.
    Yeah...all of their stuff is good but they do smoked lamb ribs that are pretty darn special if you get the center cut...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah...all of their stuff is good but they do smoked lamb ribs that are pretty darn special if you get the center cut...
    I'll have to go try it out again for that sausage then when I'm in the mood for BBQ but not a drive to Luling or Lockhart. Can't stand lamb though; tried it at the absolute low end (McDonalds), tried it at fancy places charging $40 a plate for it, and at places in between, tried it when my Middle-Eastern friends would throw big parties and BBQ a whole lamb, and absolutely hated it every single time. Lamb and sea urchin are about the only types of dead animal I have tried and not liked on my plate tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Anyone tried that big new bbq joint on Blanco near Churchill estates?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll have to go try it out again for that sausage then when I'm in the mood for BBQ but not a drive to Luling or Lockhart. Can't stand lamb though; tried it at the absolute low end (McDonalds), tried it at fancy places charging $40 a plate for it, and at places in between, tried it when my Middle-Eastern friends would throw big parties and BBQ a whole lamb, and absolutely hated it every single time. Lamb and sea urchin are about the only types of dead animal I have tried and not liked on my plate tbh.
    Interesting. Is it the "twang" to the meat taste that beef doesn't have? I do smoked lamb shoulders that are freaking awesome...and lamb chops flash grilled to medium rare over hot coals are pretty damn good too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That one down in the dip where the road goes back to where the old roaring 20's was?

I haven't eaten there but if you want to try it you better move fast. That location is restaurant death. It's about the 20th theme that has tried that place and failed.

Then again, if Two Brothers can make it just a mile from there that area might just be ready for good BBQ.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That one down in the dip where the road goes back to where the old roaring 20's was?

I haven't eaten there but if you want to try it you better move fast. That location is restaurant death. It's about the 20th theme that has tried that place and failed.
    you're not ting about it being the place where new restaurants go to die quick deaths...........yet restaurant investors keep trying.

I do notice though that every time I've driven by this past week, it's been packed. It actually looks like a place I want to check out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That dudes brisket may be great but he isn't getting brisket to look like that straight out of a slow smoke. My guess is he is using sous vide to get them tender and then cooking them with smoke hot as fast to render them. It is IMPOSSIBLE to turn out a tender brisket that looks like that with just smoking it.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Such a bad idea to look at this thread while at work and no bbq anywhere close by.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Interesting. Is it the "twang" to the meat taste that beef doesn't have? I do smoked lamb shoulders that are freaking awesome...and lamb chops flash grilled to medium rare over hot coals are pretty damn good too.
    It has been about 9 months since I ate any lamb, so I can't put my finger on what I specifically hate about it any more. But it's one of those things I think I'll give a try every once in a while and always regret when I do. Strange, because I really like cabrito.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is the brisket quality at Bob's? It has been so long since I have been there, but I remember loving the ribs and sausage; can't remember if I liked or loved their brisket.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's unfortunate that Two Bros on West Ave. sucks, because the place has a lot of potential.

Guess I'm gonna have to make a trip to Luling.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That dudes brisket may be great but he isn't getting brisket to look like that straight out of a slow smoke. My guess is he is using sous vide to get them tender and then cooking them with smoke hot as fast to render them. It is IMPOSSIBLE to turn out a tender brisket that looks like that with just smoking it.
    Wrong. Don't be jealous. Franklin doesn't sous vide.......

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's unfortunate that Two Bros on West Ave. sucks, because the place has a lot of potential.

Guess I'm gonna have to make a trip to Luling.

Go to Austin. 11th St to be exact.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mickelthwait craft meats?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm not a big lamb fan, either, but you should try it mixed with beef. Burgers made with half ground beef and half ground lamb can be delicious, for example, especially seasoned with Middle Eastern es. It makes it possible to get all of lamb's good qualities without the flavor being too overwhelming.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wrong. Don't be jealous. Franklin doesn't sous vide.......
    That's a good photo of a great cut of brisket with great lighting, but it's slow smoked. There are zero bbq joints in Austin doing sous vide. I guarantee it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You trying to send him for hookers and crack rock? Or is that 12th St?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You trying to send him for hookers and crack rock? Or is that 12th St?
    I think this is 10th St the night after he had defaulted on some bad loans:

Name
    Two10Whitey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A new place in my area just opened up called Blanco BBQ. The ribs are good but it's not the best BBQ in SA. Try it if you want to but be ready to wait about 45 min for your food.

Name
    Two10Whitey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've given it a couple of tries since I live in the area. The ribs are good, the sauce is decent, the brisket was a bit dry, the green beans are bland, and well.. If you wanna wait 45 minutes to an hour for your food go try it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rudy's is pretty good.
    My favorite bbq sauce, their turkey is usually good. Everything else is ho hum, not terrible but I can do better at home.

Salt Lick in Driftwood is pretty good but their sides kind of suck. I've been to the one in Austin once and it wasn't very good.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There was 6 bone roast flown in by charter from southern Florida a little over a month ago. I found it delectable.

Chow!

Thread Information