Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    He also threw about half as many passes, had a better offensive line, had a running back that put up offense, and just happened to play QB for the team ranked #4 in total defense. He was on a 10-6 team that got one of the luckiest breaks of all time when the replacement refs gave them a free win to get to 11 wins, whilst Luck won all 11 of his team's games, and put up all of those interceptions in the first 75% of the season.

All you do is look at stats and see Luck's interceptions and talk about his ROOKIE SEASON. Luck had more picks than the other two guys, but he also took more sacks and was running from a broken pocket on almost every single play. It is not my fault that you didn't watch Colts games and don't know this. Maybe pull your eyes off of last season's stat sheet and realize the Colts greatly improved their offensive line and changed their offense to the one Luck is absolutely most comfortable with. If he has 68+% completion and 3:1 on TD:INT this season I wouldn't at all be surprised. You were coming in here with your "gifted" memory and incorrectly pointing out Luck had more turnovers (specifically picks) than touchdowns, when he didn't, because it helps make your guy look better.

Wilson plays on a team with more talent, a run game that's worth a damn, and one of the best defenses in the NFL and won just as many games as Luck last year. He also didn't win the Super Bowl. You're getting this giant boner over one playoff win that only happened because RG3's knee exploded. You're biased, won't admit it, and enjoy sucking Russell Wilson's . My work here is done.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He also threw about half as many passes, had a better offensive line, had a running back that put up offense, and just happened to play QB for the team ranked #1 in total defense. He was on a 10-6 team that got one of the luckiest breaks of all time when the replacement refs gave them a free win to get to 11 wins, whilst Luck won all 11 of his team's games, and put up all of those interceptions in the first 75% of the season.

All you do is look at stats and see Luck's interceptions and talk about his ROOKIE SEASON. Luck had more picks than the other two guys, but he also took more sacks and was running from a broken pocket on almost every single play. It is not my fault that you didn't watch Colts games and don't know this. Maybe pull your eyes off of last season's stat sheet and realize the Colts greatly improved their offensive line and changed their offense to the one Luck is absolutely most comfortable with. If he has 68+% completion and 3:1 on TD:INT this season I wouldn't at all be surprised. You were coming in here with your "gifted" memory and incorrectly pointing out Luck had more turnovers (specifically picks) than touchdowns, when he didn't, because it helps make your guy look better.

Wilson plays on a team with more talent, a run game that's worth a damn, and one of the best defenses in the NFL and won just as many games as Luck last year. He also didn't win the Super Bowl. You're getting this giant boner over one playoff win that only happened because RG3's knee exploded. You're biased, won't admit it, and enjoy sucking Russell Wilson's . My work here is done.
    There you go again talking about boners and sucking s, sick little got.

Dude, do you know anything at all about completion % or QB ratings? You don't do ya. too ing busy taking it in the ass ya perverted . Only Chad Henne had a worst completion %. Did Wilson almost win two playoff games or not, yes he did. What did Luck win, yep...nothing.

Dude, Andrew Luck was the 26th ranked QB, Russell Wilson the 4th ranked even a moron like you can figure that one out. Why not get off your knees pervert and actually learn something.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    There you go again talking about boners and sucking s, sick little got.

Dude, do you know anything at all about completion % or QB ratings? You don't do ya. too ing busy taking it in the ass ya perverted . Only Chad Henne had a worst completion %. Did Wilson almost win two playoff games or not, yes he did. What did Luck win, yep...nothing.

Dude, Andrew Luck was the 26th ranked QB, Russell Wilson the 4th ranked even a moron like you can figure that one out. Why not get off your knees pervert and actually learn something.
    And he won 11 legitimate games vs Wilson's 10. Once again, you just point to last year's stat sheet and toot Russell Wilson's horn. I know you watched zero Colts games last year so your perspective is irrelevant and you're just living in the past like you can't seem to stop doing. Nothing to see here folks. Just a sad old man.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Once again, you just point to last year's stat sheet and toot Russell Wilson's horn. I know you watched zero Colts games last year so your perspective is irrelevant and you're just living in the past like you can't seem to stop doing. Nothing to see here folks. Just a sad old man.
    2012 is living in the past, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody is sad or old, but we most certainly have an idiot who has no clue what competion % means. Dude, the cat threw the out of the ball but wasn't accurate, that's why he had next to the worst completion % in the league. That's why he threw all those INT's, he's not a great passer obviously.

Russell Wilson did everything better, not even debatable. Sorry about those stats that prove Luck was in the bottom 4th of the league whille Wilson was in the top...4.

Yep, nothing like ancient history...2012, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little man, your boy threw less TD's, had a ty completion %, a ty QB ranking, a ton of INT's. So cool your bull , ok?

I need to have seen all the Colts games? Why? Would that have made any difference in his ty stats?

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    You say Mark Sanchez had a better year yet was on a 6-10 team. For all of Luck's ty stats, how come he was able to win 11 games? Maybe because he's a winner, while Wilson plays for a team that's a winner. Can't wait to see what Luck does with an improved roster this year. Probably gets more than 26 TDs.

Football is a team game, dip . Luck's stats were worse than Wilson's because his team wasn't as talented. You are giving Wilson credit for his team's overall success and exclusively blaming Luck for his team's overall failures. That is called bias. You cannot have it both ways, got. I'm done with this thread until you can accept the fact that you're not always right. In fact you're wrong on less than 70% of the you post here.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You say Mark Sanchez had a better year yet was on a 6-10 team. For all of Luck's ty stats, how come he was able to win 11 games? Maybe because he's a winner, while Wilson plays for a team that's a winner. Can't wait to see what Luck does with an improved roster this year. Probably gets more than 26 TDs.

Football is a team game, dip . Luck's stats were worse than Wilson's because his team wasn't as talented. You are giving Wilson credit for his team's overall success and exclusively blaming Luck for his team's overall failures. That is called bias. You cannot have it both ways, got. I'm done with this thread until you can accept the fact that you're not always right. In fact you're wrong on less than 70% of the you post here.
    I don't even like the Seahawks got, I'm a Niner fan remember?

I'm just as right about things as anyone else is around here. So why bull ?

Seattle beat the Niners and Pats, forget the Packer game. The Colts did beat the Packers in the last seconds. Who else did they beat, they lost to Jacksonville, the Jets.....hahaha!!!!!!!

Everything ya look at favors Wilson and the Seahawks.

Pull your head out of your ass amigo, ok? A 54.1 completion % is terrible.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Luck will be better. Question is, who will get bitten by the sop re slump?

Here's something for ya, Avante.

Two career stat lines, tell me who is the better Quarterback

1. Comp-4035 Att-6149 %-65.7 TD-324 INT-165 YDS-45,919 QB RTG-94.3

2. Comp-3409 Att-5391 %-63.2 TD-273 INT-139 YDS-40,551 QB RTG-92.3

Now, here are the total wins from those two Quarterbacks, not necessarily in the same order

1. 117 %- .713

2. 99 %- .586
    Last edited by symple19; 05-14-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What does Joe Montana vs Drew Brees have to do with this? At least stay in the same era.

What has Luck done to even hint at him being the better QB?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What does Joe Montana vs Drew Brees have to do with this? At least stay in the same era.

What has Luck done to even hint at him being the better QB?
    It just shows that you only look at stats, and stats alone don't EVER tell the whole story.

Luck = Better mechanics
    Luck = Better intangibles (did more with less)
    Luck = Better getting through progressions
    Luck = Better at spreading it around
    Luck = Smarter (Stanford>NC State/Wis)
    Luck = Single-handedly won games for his team (Wilson didn't)
    Luck = Stronger arm
    Luck = Throws better deep balls

Now, Russel Wilson had a good year, I'll admit it, but he was a game manager whereas Luck was a game changer. If Wilson gets them back to the playoffs this year and wins another game, while Luck doesn't, then i'll be happy to revisit this discussion.

Wilson?

Wilson = More mobile
    Wilson = Throws better on the move
    Wilson = Better decision making

Otherwise, I'm not willing to give him any edges in any other category. This year will be telling, imo.

So, if you resume throwing stats out, just look at my Brees/Montana comparison again.

That's what I got, no way am I getting into another argument with someone who never admits they're wrong about anything, nor is willing to concede any points

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Were the redskins not moving the ball with ease being up 14-0 and getting close to setting a first quarter yardage record against this "stacked" Seahawks defense? Lucky that rg3 tweaked his knee right before the 2nd touchdown pass

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    It's sad that even with a stacked team and a top3 defense, Russell technically only won 10 games

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It just shows that you only look at stats, and stats alone don't EVER tell the whole story.

Luck = Better mechanics
    Luck = Better intangibles (did more with less)
    Luck = Better getting through progressions
    Luck = Better at spreading it around
    Luck = Smarter (Stanford>NC State/Wis)
    Luck = Single-handedly won games for his team (Wilson didn't)
    Luck = Stronger arm
    Luck = Throws better deep balls

Now, Russel Wilson had a good year, I'll admit it, but he was a game manager whereas Luck was a game changer. If Wilson gets them back to the playoffs this year and wins another game, while Luck doesn't, then i'll be happy to revisit this discussion.

Wilson?

Wilson = More mobile
    Wilson = Throws better on the move
    Wilson = Better decision making

Otherwise, I'm not willing to give him any edges in any other category. This year will be telling, imo.

So, if you resume throwing stats out, just look at my Brees/Montana comparison again.

That's what I got, no way am I getting into another argument with someone who never admits they're wrong about anything, nor is willing to concede any points

Only two stats really matter to me when it comes to football.

Running backs...average per carry.

QB's...completion %.......which tells it all right there. Andrew Luck sucked in that department, totally and completely. No way around it. That is the stat that tells you what sort of passer someone is. You cannot have a completion % that weak and be bragged about.

Let's see what happens.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's sad that even with a stacked team and a top3 defense, Russell technically only won 10 games

How many times did RW play Jacksonville/Tennesee, Cleveland, and Buffalo?

RW beat the Niners, Pats your Redskins, who did Luck beat besides the Packers?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Were the redskins not moving the ball with ease being up 14-0 and getting close to setting a first quarter yardage record against this "stacked" Seahawks defense? Lucky that rg3 tweaked his knee right before the 2nd touchdown pass

I wish I had a buck for everytime we saw a game of two totally different halfs in football. Bottom line is always the same...who won the game?

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    I saw that Russell was very average against the 29th ranked passing defense

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    its still too early to say who's better between luck and russy. russy had the better season, though. i wouldn't call throwing 26 td's to tie peyton manning's rookie record a game manager. dude is a legit qb, he's not in the same class as mark sanchez.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    its still too early to say who's better between luck and russy. russy had the better season, though. i wouldn't call throwing 26 td's to tie peyton manning's rookie record a game manager. dude is a legit qb, he's not in the same class as mark sanchez.
    Why is it we see what's really going on while so many don't?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why is it we see what's really going on while so many don't?
    he's an enigma. black qb's will always be seen as inferior, but the league is slowly becoming a black qb league.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    he's an enigma. black qb's will always be seen as inferior, but the league is slowly becoming a black qb league.
    Not sure..black QB..league, but without question...mobile QB league.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    The NFL isn't becoming a black QB's league any more than it has remained a copycat league. Team X drafts a black QB and has success, so Team Y drafts a black QB thinking they'll have success too. Meanwhile the white man continues to win Super Bowls. In three years Russell Wilson and RG3 will both be dead (or have no knees) and so will the Pistol/read option because juiced up linebackers are just going to start laying a big hit on the QB during any read option play regardless of whether he keeps the ball.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure..black QB..league, but without question...mobile QB league.
    i agree with that. mobile qb's with the majority being black.

The NFL isn't becoming a black QB's league any more than it has remained a copycat league. Team X drafts a black QB and has success, so Team Y drafts a black QB thinking they'll have success too. Meanwhile the white man continues to win Super Bowls. In three years Russell Wilson and RG3 will both be dead (or have no knees) and so will the Pistol/read option because juiced up linebackers are just going to start laying a big hit on the QB during any read option play regardless of whether he keeps the ball.
    i don't think its a copycat because there have been several black qb's before. its just at this present time, they're far more advanced than their predecessor's and can actually run and throw with some accuracy. we're finally putting the pieces together, doggie. those same juiced up linebackers can injure the slow, statuesque prototype qb. the league is getting faster, you need faster qb's to counter that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Are you simply blind or not paying attention? The days of the unathletic/pocket passer are fading. We see it in evey draft, just like this draft.

Wise up guy.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Looks like another thread where Avante get's backed down in the paint and can only a) flop in a weak attempt to draw the charge or b) attempt to hold his ground while getting bullied with a power move, allowing his opponent to score the basket and draw the foul.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looks like another thread where Avante get's backed down in the paint and can only a) flop in a weak attempt to draw the charge or b) attempt to hold his ground while getting bullied with a power move, allowing his opponent to score the basket and draw the foul.
    Do you even know what's being talked about here? Can you even talk football?

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    The days of the unathletic/pocket passer are fading.
    Last 10 Super Bowl winning QBs:

Joe Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tom Brady
    Tom Brady

Please ing leave this forum right now, you're right like 2% of the time and that's a generous estimate.

Thread Information