Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring major injuries we are ringing, boys. Deepest team in the league. PopaGOAT will seize the opportunity and coach like a mad scientist. Write it down and bump it in June. The NBA and my Spurs are back baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with DeMar still on the team. Bump my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with DeMar still on the team. Bump my post.
    Plot twist: demar suffers season ending injury right before all star break and Spurs play 10x better without him and ring with him in street clothes. That would be the saddest ever for this dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plot twist: demar suffers season ending injury right before all star break and Spurs play 10x better without him and ring with him in street clothes. That would be the saddest ever for this dude
    And will always be known as the ultimate addition by subtraction player in NBA history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No expectations for this team. Just hoping they are more fun to watch than last year with all the young guys developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring major injuries we are ringing, boys. Deepest team in the league. PopaGOAT will seize the opportunity and coach like a mad scientist. Write it down and bump it in June. The NBA and my Spurs are back baby!

You forgot the part where White gets benched in Game 7 and Murray wins Finals MVP, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not used to the positivity...but I like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what you want about DeMar as a player but as a person, he's a good dude. Load Management on the other hand, is an unethical piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More confident in this idea than if Kawhi joined the Lakers. Its anyones ball game for the championship. Two headed monsters are not a guarantee for a championship, three headed monsters are.

No one has a three headed monster. Spurs have a chance to ring every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More confident in this idea than if Kawhi joined the Lakers. Its anyones ball game for the championship. Two headed monsters are not a guarantee for a championship, three headed monsters are.

No one has a three headed monster. Spurs have a chance to ring every year.
    Problem is unlike most two headed teams out there, Clippers maintain a sick ing bench.

You could have Montrezl Harrell, Lou Will, Mo Harkless, Shamet, and PatBev on your bench and still roll out Kawhi and Paul George to start. Both are incredible scorers and defenders.

They have to be the favorites imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what you want about DeMar as a player but as a person, he's a good dude. Load Management on the other hand, is an unethical piece of .
    Agree. I would never actually wish an injury on him. Toronto did him dirty but he's never done anything but speak highly of the Spurs. Don't particularly like him on this team but nothing against him personally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is unlike most two headed teams out there, Clippers maintain a sick ing bench.

You could have Montrezl Harrell, Lou Will, Mo Harkless, Shamet, and PatBev on your bench and still roll out Kawhi and Paul George to start. Both are incredible scorers and defenders.

Favorites, sure. Just like with the Raptors this year, Clips are gonna have trouble maintaining chemistry with Kawhi missing every other game. If theres anyone in the NBA whose capable of strategizing and game planning, its Pop. Hes probably the best mastermind to handle a 2 headed monster. One of them goes down and thats a terrible team. They really arent scary at all. I mean compared to going against Kawhi, Lebron, AD. Theyre a giant but they can be taken down.

I compare Kawhi and George to a team like the Magic when they had TMac and Grant Hill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They are an elite team for sure but I would say they are still beatable. I don't feel they are Warriors like invincible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand casuals and the mainstream media underrating the Spurs, but if you followed the team closely last year theres no excuse for not seeing the potential. I dont know the exact record, but pretty sure the Spurs with just Derrick White in the lineup, if we extrapolate that over 82 games would've been a Top 4 team in the West. The worst stretches of the season were when White was out.

Add IB and SrSwagDaddy to the mix (more defense)+lessen the roles of Forbes, Belli, Wombat and this team is solid af, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. I would never actually wish an injury on him. Toronto did him dirty but he's never done anything but speak highly of the Spurs. Don't particularly like him on this team but nothing against him personally
    Yeah, he's a good player too just not at the level of 1b player we were accustomed to with Manu, tbh. And as 1b, he'll never be as good as our 1c player was in TP. He's just not in the mold of elite Spurs player that can thrive in this system to add to the fact that he's nowhere near the elite talent we had in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What made the Warriors invincible was there unselfishness. It was pass, pass, pass, 3 pt shot.

Clippers are going to be much different.... Its going to be iso, iso, iso, 2 pt shot. They dont have the 3 pt shooters the Raptors had . The Clips are going to play old school basketball in this era.Totallyyy beatable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + Marcus Morris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the positivity but I don't see it just yet. They're still some dog vets like Mills and Beli getting in the way of everyone else and we know Pop loves to rely on those kind of guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are the deepest team in the league right now. Just gotta hope DeMar shoots 3s at an efficient clip and White/Murray/Walker/Poeltl make huge leaps. The ceiling of this group is very high if everything goes right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray or White make a move to s om, I'll give them a shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t been this excited since Kawhi & Spurs got past Memphis in the playoffs 3 years ago. Western Conference Finals seems attainable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are the deepest team in the league right now. Just gotta hope DeMar shoots 3s at an efficient clip and White/Murray/Walker/Poeltl make huge leaps. The ceiling of this group is very high if everything goes right

I really think people are missing a huge thing -

DDR & LMA are two of the BEST 2- point shooters in the game.

Mix in the others who can shoot 3's and it plain works -

Why does everyone want to be the GS Chuckers now

SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think people are missing a huge thing -

DDR & LMA are two of the BEST 2- point shooters in the game.

Mix in the others who can shoot 3's and it plain works -

Why does everyone want to be the GS Chuckers now

SMH
    it's about spacing. Everybody has more space to operate if teams can't sag off of DeRozan. That was a huge problem against Denver in the playoffs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's about spacing. Everybody has more space to operate if teams can't sag off of DeRozan. That was a huge problem against Denver in the playoffs
    DDR can break down defenses and dish to the 3 pt shooters -

Spurs lost that series because Gay showed up late and a couple of cold shooting spells by EVERYONE!

Thread Information