Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    thanks bonfire
    i did go to a small high school and the coach did drive the bus to games

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Ballcox even went to tu.

If you did, you definitely didn't mature at all.

The whole "you're not our rival, we look down on you" thing is spoken like a true internet loser.

I know guys who have played football and basketball for tu in years past, and they all consider it to be every bit the rivalry game that the tu-OU game is.

But what would the players know, some internet poster with an inferiority complex says it isn't so.
    Real mature, take shots questioning where I went to school. Yes I did go to UT and graduated in 1993. And if you've taken the time to read any of my previous posts in the college sports forum, you would know that I do give respect to a&m for their traditions and fan support. I've been to the last three games UT has played at Kyle Field and I can easily put the a&m home crowd in the top five in terms of volume and them being into the game. Honestely, I don't understand why the ag posters keep taking shots at me on a personal level for my comments about the rilvary. I'm trying to just stick to facts and not take any personal shots at aggies, but in turn I get comments about my ego and doubts about where I went to school. That's cool if you want to take that route, it really doesn't bother me all that much-to me it just points to more insecurities about a&m and their sports teams. Additionally, I agree with Jalbre about the rilvaries UT has. Believe me, I have far more ill will towards teams like ou and arkansas than a&m. My hope is that a&m does get their athletic programs back on track, it enhances the rilvary we have.

Also, I used to hang out and play basketball at Gregory gym, a number of UT players would also play pickup games there, they also didn't really look at a&m as that big a rival. I also never said I look down on a&m, just that it isn't that big of a rilvary these days.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    can someone explain "sit down busdriver" to me
    SWC got the gist of it right. Back in the early 20th century the coaches for teams usually drove the team bus to games. When they ed at the refs (this was particularly a common occurance in basketball games) the "Sit Down Bus Driver" thing was born.

The best is sometimes a team's coach will be fixing to sit down, then the students do the yell, and then the coach stands back up (Bobby Knight did this a couple of years ago at a game at Reed at A&M, and afterwards he said the crowd was fun).

And if you've taken the time to read any of my previous posts in the college sports forum, you would know that I do give respect to a&m for their traditions and fan support.
    Then why is this thread largely three pages of you running weak smack about A&M?

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More like three pages of responding to inane comments by ag posters.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    SWC got the gist of it right. Back in the early 20th century the coaches for teams usually drove the team bus to games.
    What do you mean early 20th century? My Jr. High football coach drove the bus, dammit!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Horn fan seems to think A&M is a rival given how much their smack is preoccupied with my Aggies. Back in the early to mid 90s Texas wasn't much of a "rival" in football either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Horn fan seems to think A&M is a rival given how much their smack is preoccupied with my Aggies. Back in the early to mid 90s Texas wasn't much of a "rival" in football either.

is it the 90s?

oh yeah its the year two thousand and five

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    If you're wondering, we didn't ride a school bus, we just rode in a big Tahoe, CBF.

That's the pros. Collegiate athletics is the subject at hand. Yeah, I think it's reasonable to expect someone to have a real connection to the university, especially if they want to start dogging other schools.
    Anyone can be a fan of any team they like.

But if somebody's going to start mocking the value of a degree from somewhere, they better have something better than a certificate from ITT Tech hanging on their wall.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    is it the 90s?

oh yeah its the year two thousand and five

Something to keep in mind when ignorant Horn fan wants to go on and on about Texas always having 'owned' my Aggies or whatever.

Also, funny how Horn fan is quick to break out the history books (60s, 70s, 80s) when it comes to OU.

You must be a new bandwagoner, so I'll give you a break.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M owned UT for most of the 80's and a good part of the 90's as well.

I think its funny that aggie and longhorn fans accuse the other of certain behaviors, then do the exact same thing. For every person who claims to be a Longhorn yet didn't go to school there, I can match you with an Aggie doing the same thing. Let's clear something up....unless you actually went to UT or A&M, you are a fan, not an Aggie or Longhorn but a fan. Nothing wrong with that though. I am a Longhorn fan but I give A&M props on their sense of tradition. Things like that make college football and its rivalries special.

What I think is stupid is when OU fan does the upside down Longhorn sign...against Baylor. Apparently they think that the gesture applies to any school from Texas. I saw OU fans do it against UNT, Tech and A&M as well. At least the Aggies know the right time to do it.

Amen. I know plenty of Texas grads who absolutely hate those who them look like idiots and didn't even go there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i dont think its cool to say someone can't be a fan of a school they don't go to

in fact, being a fan of a school before you are even a student can contribute to where you actually do end up going to school

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT.

i dont think its cool to say someone can't be a fan of a school they don't go to

in fact, being a fan of a school before you are even a student can contribute to where you actually do end up going to school

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT.
    Noone is saying you can't be a FAN of a school you didn't attend. Just don't get your panties in a wad when you're running smack to someone who actually attended another school and they call you a bandwagon or t-shirt fan. I could care less if you're a fan of the 'Horns and didn't go there, but if that's the case, you've got no reason to degrade my school.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Don't take it personal, it's just the typical secular at ude that ags get into about their school. You can't really be a true fan of the aggies if you didn't go to some kind of yell practice or something. Just stay with the Horns, we have a huge fan base of grads and non-grads alike, treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You can be a fan of whatever, but if you dog my alma mater don't expect me to be too kind.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You can be a fan of whatever, but if you dog my alma mater don't expect me to be too kind.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You've learned how to copy and paste. Impressive.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^ I know my numbers and letters too, you want me to go over those? I'm working on coloring inside the lines next week!

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    What do you mean early 20th century? My Jr. High football coach drove the bus, dammit!
    SWC, LOL.

Don't take it personal, it's just the typical secular at ude that ags get into about their school. You can't really be a true fan of the aggies if you didn't go to some kind of yell practice or something.
    Yeah, candle lighting "rallies" are much cooler

Just stay with the Horns, we have a huge fan base of grads and non-grads alike, treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns!
    That should read a huge bandwagon fan base.

As for the whole "treat everyone the same as long as you're backing the Horns", let's see there was the whole www.firemackovic.com thing, www.firemackbrown.com thing, then you had the whole "Applewhite sucks, play Simms crowd", you had 1/3 of the fans left at the end of the 66-3 UCLA game, then you had the "Mock sucks, play Vince" thing...

Your quote should read:

treat everyone the same as long as the Horns are winning

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count

my sister is a hardcore ucla fan cuz she used to be into softball and loves their softball team....but she didnt want to go to school that far from home so is going to UT
    I have to laugh every time a person attempts to say I'm not a fan because they graduated from that school!
    I seriously doubt many of those esteemed grads ever went to see football games in Austin every yr since the age of 7 until leaving the state of Texas @ 19yo. Many of those grads went to games when they got accepted @ whatever school or the year before when they went with mommy & daddy on a campus tour.
    So it took you going to that school BEFORE you became a fan huh? Yeah, you're a bigger fan me.

Post Count
    Do you root for high schools with which you have no association, too?
    The high school/college parallel is much closer than the college/professional jig you've gone on here.
    Nice try, the subject is collegiate sports as previously pointed out by a real fan. It is actually closer from College to Pro. BUT feel free to answer the previous questions if you're not afraid.

I do enjoy watching the sport of football on every level from high school on up. Do I root for those schools?, no. Do I like a good game? Yes.
    Was I born in Texas? YES
    Was UT the 1st football team I was exposed to to? YES
    Did I go to my 1st UT game @ the age of 7yo? YES
    Did I go EVERY IN' yr til I joined the Corps? No, I might've 2 yrs at the MOST.
    Did it take an acceptance letter to become a bogus fan overnight? NO!

Now feel free to answer the questions, IF you can about the other colleges.

Post Count
    Guess What!?!?!?

All the doubt posted here didn't change anything!

I'm still a FAN!

Post Count
    Just checking.....YUP!

Still a fan!

hey i went to acc and cheer for the longhorns hee hee

Post Count
    I had mommy & daddy walk me to class & THEN I became a fan.

lol!

Thread Information