Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Hey dumb I'm not exposing your Jordan=GOAT argument, I also think Jordan=GOAT. I exposed all of your other re ed opinions that are way too many to remember right now.

Either way this is the last time I will adress you, you're way too re ed to be interacting with.
    backing off of your LeBron nuthugging job already
    LeBron>Michael in passing, defense, long range shooting, rebounding, blocking... if that doesn't make him better than Jordan overall then I don't know what can
    you're re ed lebron's sooo goood

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think i speak for everyone, including spurfan, when i say Kobe with an healthy achilles is the best post player in the nba.

Come at me brah.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think i speak for everyone, including spurfan, when i say Kobe with an healthy achilles is the best post player in the nba.

Come at me brah.
    Him, Randolph, and Timmy are the 3 best post scorers in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him, Randolph, and Timmy are the 3 best post scorers in the league.
    And them being the best post players at 34, 31, and 37 is an indictment of the quality of post-play in the modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come at me brah.
    For perimeter players. Definitely.

Can't really compare perimeter player post play to big man post play, though, since they're quite different.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team doesn't have good enough spacing when he posts up. They send 4 guys to the weakside and it makes it easy for Vogel to send a double team.

They should have one player on the strong side wing in the hopes they double him and get an open 3.

Watch how the Spurs space out the defence for rookie Duncan in this video

They have one player on the strong side to allow Duncan to throw it out and repost, or get the open 3 if the defender doubles. Now look at this shot from when Lebron posts up.

Clear difference, and it's down to coaching.
    Maybe there's such a dearth of low post big men in the league that even Spo doesn't know that there should be a team mate on the strong side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be a homer but Scola has pretty damn good post moves, on par with any of those named (if not better, tbrh)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe there's such a dearth of low post big men in the league that even Spo doesn't know that there should be a team mate on the strong side
    I mean, it's not exactly required to have a team mate on the strong side wing, but if you're going to have 4 players on the weakside they can't be spaced like this while Lebron is dribbling

First, Birdman is a complete non factor in that position, he isn't going to hit a jumpshot. If you want someone to keep the floor spread, run this play with Bosh at the top of the 3 point arc, 2 players evenly spaced on the wing and one in the corner. If you run it with Birdman, get him on the weakside low post.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron's post game is effective tbh ...
    It's just not pretty he lacks the footwork of thevery best post,guys.
    Like Tim, Zbo, Achilles, Gasol brothers.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And them being the best post players at 34, 31, and 37 is an indictment of the quality of post-play in the modern NBA.
    True. Although post play isn't as useful as it once was, mainly because of 1) how much more athletic players are (especially wings) today, and 2) improved defensive strategies. Wing players can double down and get back to their man/position when the post player passes out, much more quickly than the average player in the past could. And strategies on how to defend these players have evolved a lot after having to deal with Hakeem, Timmy, and Shaq over the past 25 years, who are arguably the three deadliest post scorers in history. Plus, teams and players have seen how useful it is for big men to have shooting ability, thanks in large part to Dirk dominating over the past 15 years. Having that ability to stretch the defense makes it a lot easier for guards and wing players to attack the basket and score.

Make no mistake, post scoring is most certainly a very useful thing, but I think it's not nearly as useful as it once was. You can have far more versatility in your offense by having a big man with shooting/dribbling/passing (guard skillset) abilities, and several wing players who can attack and score in different ways, as opposed to having a pure post scorer, and a bunch of jump shooters surrounding him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not to be a homer but Scola has pretty damn good post moves, on par with any of those named (if not better, tbrh)
    surprisingly, this isn't very homeristic of you. Scola has a fantastic post scoring skillset.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The team doesn't have good enough spacing when he posts up. They send 4 guys to the weakside and it makes it easy for Vogel to send a double team.

They should have one player on the strong side wing in the hopes they double him and get an open 3.

Watch how the Spurs space out the defence for rookie Duncan in this video

They have one player on the strong side to allow Duncan to throw it out and repost, or get the open 3 if the defender doubles. Now look at this shot from when Lebron posts up.

Clear difference, and it's down to coaching.

I think the clear difference is Lebron's skill level in the post is still lacking. He plays in the post but he's not a true post player with a refined game. Lebron's post game is back down, back down, throw up a shot. If his initial move is cut off he gets stuck with the defense in his lap because he has no counter moves or footwork.

He needs to study what a truly skilled SF can do in the post....

Back someone down with a second defender in his lap reaching but it doesn't matter when that player can counter the defense with skill. Quick ball fake, reverse pivot, reverse layup with the left hand to avoid the shot blocker and makes it look easy.

Sees the doubleteam coming on the post-up. No worries...spin away from it with a simple jumphook.

If your initial move gets cut off footwork, head/shoulder fakes can get you out of a jam...

Pivots into a doubleteam...head/shoulder fake x2, hold that pivot foot and dunk.

Gets triple-teamed...quick head/shoulder fake, pivot score.

Initial move gets stuck. Fake reverse pivot, shoot.

Double-team comes...head/shoulder fake, reverse pivot jumphook.

If Lebron ever incorporates these kind of fundamentals and skill into his game may freeze over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe's clutchness is more overrated tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe's clutchness is more overrated tbh.
    Duncan's marriage vows ...

Duncan's "low (bed) post" moves too ...

Kidding ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the clear difference is Lebron's skill level in the post is still lacking. He plays in the post but he's not a true post player with a refined game. Lebron's post game is back down, back down, throw up a shot. If his initial move is cut off he gets stuck with the defense in his lap because he has no counter moves or footwork.

Back someone down with a second defender in his lap reaching but it doesn't matter when that player can counter the defense with skill. Quick ball fake, reverse pivot, reverse layup with the left hand to avoid the shot blocker and makes it look easy.

Sees the doubleteam coming on the post-up. No worries...spin away from it with a simple jumphook.

If your initial move gets cut off footwork, head/shoulder fakes can get you out of a jam...

Pivots into a doubleteam...head/shoulder fake x2, hold that pivot foot and dunk.

If Lebron ever incorporates these kind of fundamentals and skill into his game may freeze over.
    Good stuff. There is no question Lebron still needs work on his post game, and I'm sure it will continue to improve.

The point is, if they simply had better strategy on how to set the offense up around him when posting up, his post game would still be more effective, even though he has a limited number of moves currently.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

hitmanyr2k with the pure uncut goods. Pippen was a mother er. Easily my favorite SF of all time. MJ got all the glory, but he ain't did without Pippen. Great post son.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    We knew

Thread Information