Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great win but that was an early stoppage
    Mir popped right back up, but it did look like he went limp after that knee. Tough luck for him.

Wow...

Who thought this fight would end in the first round?

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is win or retire for Mir IMO.. He is becoming irrelevant.
    You son of a ...

I have an idea, Frank: GET OFF THE ING CAGE, ASS HOLE!

Post Count
    That Main Event sucked.. 4 min of Benson trying to wear him down on the cage and then he immediately taps out when he gets stuck in an arm bar. Go watch Jones/Vitor Benson because for sake that was sad to verbally tap out like that.. As long as Pettis has that belt Benson is not likely to get another crack at it now that he is 0-2..

Post Count
    I think it is time for Mir to retire. That arrogant at ude of his does not fly when you are 0-3 of late. He is 34 and now clearly on the downside of his career. At HW he is just going to get beat up more.

Post Count
    25 seconds left in the round Benson come on man.. Just hand him the belt why don't ya..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I made a mistake of picking Koch. I thought he will do more progress then that ...

that split decision on Gleison I really needed 4-1

Pettis did what he does. He is the best of his back IMO in the UFC.

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis
    Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir
    Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes
    Erik Koch
    vs. Dustin Poirier
    Gleison Tibau vs. Jamie Varner
    4-1

Post Count
    Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - Pettis is a great fighter, but benson is gonna take this one. The only way I see Pettis winning is if Benson makes a mistake or gets caught slipping, which just won't happen. I don't even think this will go 5 rounds.
    welp... i was right about one thing o.O

Post Count
    welp... i was right about one thing o.O
    which exactly?

Post Count
    about it not going 5 rounds

Post Count
    ahh yea sorry

Post Count
    I still can't believe how ty Bendo/Pettis 2 was. I mean it was a finish but an odd one for sure. Bendo is great on the ground usually and often competes in grappling tournaments how the did he let Pettis arm-bar him so easily? Just a strange fight..

Post Count
    I still can't believe how ty Bendo/Pettis 2 was. I mean it was a finish but an odd one for sure. Bendo is great on the ground usually and often competes in grappling tournaments how the did he let Pettis arm-bar him so easily? Just a strange fight..
    swallow it !

Post Count
    Then he turns around and starts bouncing as if to tell Herb Dean "I'm good" yeah too bad you just cried uncle 2 seconds before..

Post Count
    Then he turns around and starts bouncing as if to tell Herb Dean "I'm good" yeah too bad you just cried uncle 2 seconds before..
    I don't think so. He just knew it was over. Herb stopped it initially as both fighters set the outcome. Herb was not stopping it until Pettis stared to celebrate and Ben stopped fighting

Post Count
    I'm by no means a Benson fan (think he's been handed a couple of victories where he was soundly beaten) but I was pretty shocked about how quickly he went down. That was one of the slickest submissions I've seen in a long time. They said he didn't look affected by those kicks but man when I saw them I thought his face looked like he was about 3 seconds away from going down. I think it definitely affected his approach and he wanted to go to the mat ASAP because his chest/side was wrecked. He also looked pretty y and didn't think Pettis would go for a 100% submission that early. Just thought he'd lay on him for 30 seconds and then get some recovery time to heal from those kicks.

For all his bluster, I thought Henderson was pretty overrated as a champ. They kept talking about his skills as "top notch" but he never really showed that, with his size he should be laying dudes out rather than eeking out decision victories. He deserved to be the champ, but to have that "great" label affixed to you, you've gotta do more than just lean on the judges *every* fight. GSP does this to a point but he usually decimates opponents, so it's a different situation. I really want to go back and watch the Melendez fight again now.

Edgar COULD come back to LW and fight Melendez for a championship contender eliminator. That would be awesome. Instead it will probably be TJ vs. Melendez next, which should be a really good fight. Will be interesting to see if Edgar migrates back to LW now that the champ is a guy he hasn't faced yet.

Pettis knocking off Benson blew that division wide open.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 09-03-2013 at 01:51 PM.

PCL sprain and ACL strain for Pettis out at least 7 weeks (no surgery required)

Last edited by ace3g; 09-03-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Post Count
    hits look 10x painful on that phantom cam!

TJ Grant @TJ_Grant
    Hey people. Quick update. Unfortunately I won't be fighting Pettis on dec 14. I am still not yet 100% n can't commit to fight. UFC is going

TJ Grant @TJ_Grant
    With someone else instead. It sucks but it is the best for both myself and the UFC. Please don't worry. Ill be back and if I gotta fight

TJ Grant @TJ_Grant
    Someone else to get back to where I wanna be then that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not bitter. Thanks

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter
    Josh Thomson gets the le shot vs. Pettis

just announced on Fox Sports 1

Wow, TJ just can't catch a break.

But that being said, Thompson v. Pettis will be awesome.

Thread Information