Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Date: August 31, 2013

Venue: Bradley Center
    Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX, Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6 p.m. ET)

UFC @ufc

#UFC164 gets a heavyweight clash of entertainers -@thefrankmir vs@JoshLBarnett! Tix now on pre-sale ticketmaster.com/ufc-164-milwau… #HD110 #MKE

Last edited by ace3g; 08-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight

#BREAKING: @BensonHendersonwill defend his le against@TJ_Grant in the main event at#UFC164!

weak card, i was hoping bendo vs grant would be headliner for fs1

Atleast Diego Sanchez is fighting one scary mofo in TBA.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Oh yes. Mir is going to slaughter that fat tub of .

John Morgan @MMAjunkieJohn
    Big changes at UFC 164. T.J. Grant out, Anthony Pettis now faces champ Benson Henderson. bit.ly/1bw8W5O

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Holy moda in

What is going on again with this injuries

At least Smooth v. Showtime will be a kick-ass fight. Not too bad for an injury replacement if you ask me.

Sucks for TJ, though. That guy has been beastmode of late.

Post Count
    Benson has not looked good lately. He may be ripe to lose the belt even though he will be incredibly motivated to get revenge for the Pettis loss..

Last edited by ace3g; 07-19-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Post Count

Post Count

Post Count

Post Count

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - for UFC lightweight le - I'm expecting great things from this fight. It's a toss-up IMHO, but Pettis does have the skill set to neutralize Henderson's strengths.

Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir - I'll pick Mir, but I'm rooting for the first simultaneous submission in the history of MMA

Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes - Mendes has been full-on Terminator of late. I doubt that he can KO Guida, but he's going to make him his for 3 rounds

Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera - blah...

Pascal Krauss v. Hyun Gyu Lim - Gyu Lim is a welterweight to watch. I'm calling a KO in either round 1 or 2.

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis
    Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir
    Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes
    Erik Koch
    vs. Dustin Poirier
    Gleison Tibau vs. Jamie Varner

Post Count

This fight will be awesome. I can't wait for the first round. Benson is determined to win this fight as brutal as possible and he will be pressuring Pettis as he said Anthony is worse backing down. All in all IMO Pettis is so sure he will win that IMO he will force the action. I wonder if henderson is gonna take him down as quick as possible or he will test himself on the feet cause IMO on the feet Pettis can make a kill.
    All in all I can't wait.

Tough to pick any guy. I mean Josh is going forward always but Mir can counterstrike with a punch or submission. But the pressure that Josh can bring can be again too much for Mir and he can fall. I pick a guy that is much more mental strong. Not necessary a guy with better gameplan.

I hate Clay! His response to Ariel during press was pure stupid.
    IMO Chad is the best 145er just behind Aldo. I hope he will finish that ape.

main event? huh why?
    Vera bulked up 241 ! He is quicker and can outpunch Ben. If Ben not gonna be able to land a punch in the 1st he is done

hard to pick. But I hope Koch will now start to collect victories

Easy pick for me. Impressive victory
    I predict

Post Count
    This is win or retire for Mir IMO.. He is becoming irrelevant.

Post Count
    Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - Pettis is a great fighter, but benson is gonna take this one. The only way I see Pettis winning is if Benson makes a mistake or gets caught slipping, which just won't happen. I don't even think this will go 5 rounds.

Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir - This will be a good fight because of their wrestling skills. Mir right now is not Mir of old and I think that will be enough to give Barnett the nod here, he hung with Cormier for 5 rds and it went to decision so yeah, he can handle UFC compe ion

Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes - I don't know, Guida has taken some mileage and I don't think he can stand up to Mendes punch power. It's still winnable for Guida though.

Ben Rothwell vs Brandon Vera - This is just pure entertainment

Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier - This should be a good fight, I'd give Poirer the W here though. *in my GSP voice..* Koch doesn't really impress me.

Gleison Tibau vs. Jamie Varner - Not an expert on either fighter, but when in doubt, I pick the Brazilian wrestler

Post Count

Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - for UFC lightweight le

This fight will largely define Benson's career so the pressure is on for him to step up and I expect that he will. I think another close one is possible if not likely but I like Benson to dig deep and pull this out by a pretty clear UD..

•Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir

I think this matchup favors Mir with the grappling being about even and the striking as well. I think Mir can edge Barnett out on points.

Clay Guida vs. Chad Mendes

Guida VIA boring everyone to death..

•Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera

Vera VIA sucking just slightly less..

•Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier

Gyu Lim - what did I say? Dude has crazy power. He won his last fight with a knee to the face as well.
    Last edited by txstr1986; 08-31-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Mendes

Great win but that was an early stoppage

Thread Information