Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno

Magic working on Turkoglu buyout

Club also wants to give Osby training-camp shot

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-orlando-magic-hedo-turkoglu-0901-20130831,0,7592925.story

* Could just be Orlando paper rehashing old news but there wasn't much talk in August about the buyout, so maybe things are picking back up again.
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno

Magic working on Turkoglu buyout
    Thanks for the news. It's a given Turkoglu will be waived/bought out either by Orlando or by another team just after having traded. Magic could wait to see if his partially guaranteed contract could be used in a trade but there is the risk of a season ending injury that will make his contract guaranteed. So I guess they won't wait too long.

The Eurobasket that start Wednesday, will surely gives a better idea of Turkoglu's level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd commercial for Israel NT for Eurobasket 2013

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lukas Malinauskas ‏@mluukaz 32m Lithuania 88:83 Georgia. LTU stats. Georgia: Shermadini 21 (14reb),Sanikidze 28 (9reb), Markoishvili 18. @EuroBasket
    And Sanikidze continues to produce. He's not going back to Sienna. Can we please get him into training camp. I would really like to see what he's got at the NBA level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any news on any of "our" players? Hanga, Thomas, Bertans, Sinikidze, Jean Charles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni has played well in europe the last 2 yrs and spurs do need a vet player like him at foward... he also plays like a spur and is manu's bff so I can see him fittin in with that last spot goin into the PO's tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni has played well in europe the last 2 yrs and spurs do need a vet player like him at foward... he also plays like a spur and is manu's bff so I can see him fittin in with that last spot goin into the PO's tbh
    He would fit the criteria for a player to bring this late in the season:

1. Has familiarity with the NBA game
    2. Team is tied for last place in standings for the Top 16

Their season will end around April 3-10 so it would be cutting it close. One issue with Nocioni, does he want to come back to the NBA? I've read in interviews that he likes playing in Euroleague at this stage of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One issue with Nocioni, does he want to come back to the NBA? I've read in interviews that he likes playing in Euroleague at this stage of his career.
    thats what i questioned too but he's never won a ring though either tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what i questioned too but he's never won a ring though either tbh
    True.

Not sure on his contract situation with Baskonia, I think he is on a 1 year deal.

Since Baskonia won't advance past the Top 16 would they be more willing to accept a buyout of Nocioni? Do they want to re-sign him? What is their opinion of Odom and his impact on the team next season?

Another thing, do Spurs want to fill out the last roster spot?

Seems like Baynes is working his way into the 4th big rotation spot.

Do the Spurs want another SF/PF type player to back up Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.Not sure on his contract situation with Baskonia, I think he is on a 1 year deal. Since Baskonia won't advance past the Top 16 would they be more willing to accept a buyout of Nocioni? Do they want to re-sign him? What is their opinion of Odom and his impact on the team next season?Another thing, do Spurs want to fill out the last roster spot? Seems like Baynes is working his way into the 4th big rotation spot. Do the Spurs want another SF/PF type player to back up Kawhi?
    Last edited by td4mvp2k; 04-22-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone feels bored/starved for basketball until the WC starts, the U17 WC tips off in two days:
    http://www.fiba.com/world/u17/2014

It's played in Dubai though, so the games will probably only be at watchable times for the Europe/Asia crowd.
    I still remember watching young Bertans (struggled like shooting the ball there..), Valanciunas, Saric, Karasev, Nogueira, Bogdanovic play at the U19s in 2011. Looking back now, that was one incredibly stacked international age group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone feels bored/starved for basketball until the WC starts, the U17 WC tips off in two days:
    http://www.fiba.com/world/u17/2014

It's played in Dubai though, so the games will probably only be at watchable times for the Europe/Asia crowd.
    I still remember watching young Bertans (struggled like shooting the ball there..), Valanciunas, Saric, Karasev, Nogueira, Bogdanovic play at the U19s in 2011. Looking back now, that was one incredibly stacked international age group.
    awesome!

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the past I have been finding stats at various team and league sites.
    I just noticed that many ( Stats include Liga ACB (Spain), LNB Pro A (France), Lega Serie A (Italy), Greek Basket League, and the Euroleague and Eurocup) are at the bottom of the Spurs team page on Basketball-Reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the past I have been finding stats at various team and league sites.
    I just noticed that many ( Stats include Liga ACB (Spain), LNB Pro A (France), Lega Serie A (Italy), Greek Basket League, and the Euroleague and Eurocup) are at the bottom of the Spurs team page on Basketball-Reference.
    Drom, I didn't forget about this post. I just didn't know where to put it. I was going to make a more ambitious thread cover Spurs international stashees, but I lost motivation. I'm just going to drop this here for now so others can see it. If I (or someone else, hint) end up making that thread, I'll move this post to the OP. Thanks for the contribution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA suspends Spain from Olympics Games and World Championship

Heavy decision from FIBA

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...mpionship.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ wow Fiba alienating players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not know who has his NBA rights, we haven’t contacted his agent, I do not know his status, we have not done anything yet, what I’m telling you is my personal point of view”.
    His rights are held by Philly, he was drafted in 2014, pick 52... Wouldn't bet on this going anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade our second round to Philly for him?

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    3a711ba

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    2b9a53a

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Best Smart Investments. Pick an idea. Experts have already selected the best Try it with $ 10 Build a portfolio of stocks Get a profit of 20-80% per annum http://bit.ly/2C7863n Best investment ideas: UTEX Exchange Purchase of shares in promising companies before the start of the public offering. a501_b4

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Best Smart Investments. Pick an idea. Experts have already selected the best Try it with $ 10 Build a portfolio of stocks Get a profit of 20-80% per annum http://bit.ly/2C7863n Best investment ideas: Investment in IPO Purchase of shares in promising companies before the start of the public offering. 53a711b

Thread Information