White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Anyone going to this? For some damn reason, I thought it would be a good idea to enter this...

I'll be in the Novice division, so I doubt I'll be killed, but there is still that possibility. If it does happen, I bequeath all of my amazing board cred to dbreiden -- Gods know he could use it.

Anyone else going to the Expo or fighting at GQ?

Post Count
    Anyone going to this? For some damn reason, I thought it would be a good idea to enter this...

I'll be in the Novice division, so I doubt I'll be killed, but there is still that possibility. If it does happen, I bequeath all of my amazing board cred to dbreiden -- Gods know he could use it.
    I appreciate that..

I'm not going, but that does sound like a lot of fun. Good luck in the compe ion!

Post Count
    I'll post a video of my flying Go-Go. Dead serious, that's what I'm going to try to pull off. Might be the first Super Heavy Weight to do it.

Post Count
    Best weekend of my life? I think so.

It started out with an homage to dbreiden:

Then I got to meet a few fella's:

I felt bad for Varner -- there are thousands of people around, and every fighter has a line out the ass for autographs, and we just walked right up to Jamie and chit-chatted. He was awesome, but you can just tell he's a broken man. So weird.

You all remember this bas , right?

How about this -ass trick?

And for the grand Fighter Finale, here's Martin Kampmann... autographing my massive peck.

Things just got better from there:

Took second place in the Super Heavyweight division and got to shake hands and talk to the ING MAN, Dean Lister, at the winners podium:

It is unreal how large he is in person.

Other fighters I got to meet but didn't get pictures:
    Anthony Pettis
    Wandy
    Scott Jorgensen
    Stephen Bonner
    Dan Hardy
    Chad Mendez
    Anthony Njew-koo-wani-wan-kanobi
    John Dodson

There were a bunch more there, but time was short and the lines were long. Wandy and Pettis were just hanging around the GQ mats talking with people and being all around awesome people. I've never liked Wandy, but he was so ing cool in person that it's hard to not like him now. Anyway, the Expo and GQ were great, my wife and I had a blast.

Looks like a great time - congratulations on the silver!

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow, that's some good stuff right thurrr.

Post Count
    Thanks for all the pictures that Mustache of yours is epic.. Are you a big Tom Selleck fan? Congrats on doing so well in the grappling tournament..

Post Count
    I thought handlebar mustaches were illegal???

Post Count
    I thought handlebar mustaches were illegal???
    You wouldn't believe how many compliments I get on it. (knowing that people "say nice things" when they really think it looks ing re ed) Every fighter I talked to had some comment for it, the announcer at the podium did, the refs did, some of the compe ors did too. It may be ugly, but it's a damn fun talking piece.

(the chicks dig the out of it too)

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Uncle creepy has got better tbh

Post Count
    Because I like to talk about how awesome I am, here's an update:

I had so much fun @ the Fan Expo, I decided to train my ass off and try it again in November:

I didn't really train my ass off, not even close, but I did have a of a time and got to the podium again, so to speak:

http://s101.photobucket.com/user/fla...78feb.mp4.html

^^ that was supposed to be a picture, but my cameraman was an idiot. You get the idea.

I took 2nd (again, ) in the novice Absolute division. (no weight classes, just a random mish-mashing) This was a load tougher than the Super-Heavyweight division, by far. The guy that beat me was a lightning fast former BYU athlete who couldn't have been more than 170, but he was strong as an ox. He shot a double-leg and picked me (245lbs) up and tossed me like I was a bag of hair. He slapped a Kimura on me and the ref, he, and I all heard my elbow make a horrible "popping" sound. I tapped like a faster than dbreiden guzzling GSP's ball-load. I finally got the results from my orthopedic surgeon today (didn't think it was all that bad until a few days ago) and I tore the out of some ligament, and bruised the nerve in there. I'll be having surgery in a week. Yay.

Anyhow, it was another awesome experience, and even though this wasn't a fan expo, there were plenty of fighters there cheering on members of their teams. Some notable fighters that actually took the time to chit chat were Wandi (seriously, he is cool as ), Anthony Pettis, Vinny Magalesh (or however you spell it), Joe Daddy (he was the most active and talkative of all of them, and was on the mat coaching/cornering tons of fighters -- he was by far the coolest guy there), Brandon The Truth, and even a few of the Ultimate Fighters were there. Notably, the dumbass who didn't make weight the first time -- Cody I think? -- and Roxanne Modeferi (or however you spell it); she was unbelievably cool and just as weird/awkward as she seemed on the show. I talked to her a whole bunch and she was beyond awesome.

You guys should check the schedule for the next event in your area, sign up, and go do it. It isn't intimidating at all, the compe ors are all respectful & cool, and , you get to meet and play along with some of the worlds most famous fighters. It's a big time rush, and worth every penny and ounce of sweat. I trained for three months before my first one and did just fine -- seriously, try it, you'll be glad you did.

Love you fella's,

TTB.

Post Count
    Cool deal Trout! I'm too old for that though.

Thread Information