My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Probably one of the best players to ever play the game of basketball. If I just look at the last 15 years, he's probably been the most consistent, most dominant player that we've had as far as 15 years all together. He's won four les, multiple All-Stars, MVP, and so on and so on.I think he doesn't get a lot of recognition because he's not flashy like a lot of guys are. He's not jumping over people and high-flying and doing the things that attracts people to the game. But I think true basketball, true IQ people, players know how great he is. What else can you say?
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-last-15-years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fear brings about the appropriate respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is. Since Jordan retired (1998):

1. Duncan
    2. Shaq
    3. Lebron
    4. Kobe
    5. Dirk/Garnett/Nash
    Last edited by Arcadian; 06-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These pre-series press is a bunch of multimillionaires jerking each other off. Can't wait for another 6 hours

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like the respect in basketball but i wish there was alot more trash talking lol like boxing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTEYes, he is. Since Jordan retired (1998):

1. Duncan
    2. Shaq
    3. Lebron
    4. Kobe
    5. Dirk/Garnett ][/QUOTE]

I agree with all that except Garnett. No way he makes it on that list over Nash, Pierce, Iverson,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all that except Garnett. No way he makes it on that list over Nash, Pierce, Iverson,
    Really? Consider Garnett at his peak: his 2004 MVP season. (He was edged out by Duncan in 2003.) That year, he was the most versatile offensive player in the game (played a lot of point forward), and the best defensive player bar none. Per game stats:

24 ppg, 14 rpg, 5 apg, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg

He was like Lebron James that year, except with a better post game and the best rebounder in the league. I would take 04 Garnett over Kobe's best year, to be perfectly honest. The only players better at their peaks were Duncan and Shaq (after Jordan).

I get that he never led the Wolves to the le, and that tarnishes his legacy for a lot of people. But if we're talking about individual greatness, he's way up there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? How can anyone put Nash or Iverson over Garnett? I don't see that at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Consider Garnett at his peak: his 2004 MVP season. (He was edged out by Duncan in 2003.) That year, he was the most versatile offensive player in the game (played a lot of point forward), and the best defensive player bar none. Per game stats:

24 ppg, 14 rpg, 5 apg, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg

He was like Lebron James that year, except with a better post game and the best rebounder in the league. I would take 04 Garnett over Kobe's best year, to be perfectly honest. The only players better at their peaks were Duncan and Shaq (after Jordan).

I get that he never led the Wolves to the le, and that tarnishes his legacy for a lot of people. But if we're talking about individual greatness, he's way up there.

I see your point, I guess my view is just skewed because we never had any problems with Garnett-led teams. I still believe Nash was a more dominate player during that span

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like the respect in basketball but i wish there was alot more trash talking lol like boxing
    And then like Tim, like Bites LeBron's ear off when he tries to dunk over him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point, I guess my view is just skewed because we never had any problems with Garnett-led teams. I still believe Nash was a more dominate player during that span
    Meh...I will always take a post player (and a 2-way player, who excels at both offense and defense) over a point guard who plays little to no defense.

Re: your original post, we never had trouble with Pierce or Iversn led teams either.

But I do respect Nash, so if it makes you happy, I'll revise my #5 to include him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is. Since Jordan retired (1998):

1. Duncan
    2. Shaq
    3. Lebron
    4. Kobe
    5. Dirk/Garnett/Nash
    Good list. But I've got Kobe over the fat man -- Shaq had the best natural gifts out of that entire list (even LeBron), but he didn't work nearly hard enough, and we forget that he had to make everything about him even more than Kobe does. Kobe is a relentless worker who simply does everything in his power to succeed. Kobe wasn't the star of all his le teams, and his 5 rings don't outrank Duncan, but he was pivotal in all of them, and busted his ass even when the Lakers around him were terrible in the mid 00s, unlike, e.g., Shaq's disastrous landing in Phoenix.

1. Duncan
    2. Kobe
    3. Shaq
    4. LeBron
    5. Dirk, barely

I expect LeBron to end up at #1 or #2 by the time he retires, but he hasn't submitted as good a body of work yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go watch a rerun of game 4 of the 2007 finals. Adversity is when champions shine and don't mail it in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good list. But I've got Kobe over the fat man [...] I expect LeBron to end up at #1 or #2 by the time he retires, but he hasn't submitted as good a body of work yet.
    My list is more about the best players at their peaks, rather than ac ulated bodies of work. What you said about Shaq and Kobe is true, but Shaq was still a better player at his peak. If I had to build a team around 2000 Shaq or 2006 Kobe (or any Kobe), I'd go with Shaq for sure. And current Lebron > Kobe's best year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My list is more about the best players at their peaks, rather than ac ulated bodies of work. What you said about Shaq and Kobe is true, but Shaq was still a better player at his peak. If I had to build a team around 2000 Shaq or 2006 Kobe (or any Kobe), I'd go with Shaq for sure. And current Lebron > Kobe's best year.
    Shaq at his peak was & is better than anyone in his generation, including Duncan & James. Granted that peak were only really lasted for 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq at his peak was & is better than anyone in his generation, including Duncan & James. Granted that peak were only really lasted for 2-3 years.
    Nah, I'll take 2002/2003 Timmy over Shaq's best. He could beat you in more ways, and was just as dominant in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'll take 2002/2003 Timmy over Shaq's best. He could beat you in more ways, and was just as dominant in the post.
    Yup!

Thread Information