Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Domestic electronic surveillance has been normalized by every one of GWB's successors, but this is old fashioned cloak and dagger .

For years, the Department of Homeland Security has run a virtually unknown program gathering domestic intelligence, one of many revelations in a wide-ranging tranche of internal do ents reviewed by POLITICO. Those do ents also reveal that a significant number of employees in DHS’s intelligence office have raised concerns that the work they are doing could be illegal. Under the domestic-intelligence program, officials are allowed to seek interviews with just about anyone in the United States. …. The inner workings of the program — called the ‘Overt Human Intelligence Collection Program’ — are described in the large tranche of internal do ents POLITICO reviewed from the Office of Intelligence and Analysis. Those do ents and additional interviews revealed widespread internal concerns about legally questionable tactics and political pressure. The do ents also show that people working there fear punishment if they speak out about mismanagement and abuses. One unnamed employee — quoted in an April 2021 do ent — said leadership of I&A’s Office of Regional Intelligence “is ‘shady’ and ‘runs like a corrupt government
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...ogram-00085544

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Domestic electronic surveillance has been normalized by every one of GWB's successors, but this is old fashioned cloak and dagger .

Orwell was amazingly prescient about a 70+ years in the future

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

... but somehow DHS/FBI/etc failed to stop the J6 rape of the Capitol. They certainly knew what was going to happen, but, I guess, were mostly sympathetic to the project.

We know cops watch blacks and browns very closely but let white insurrectionists slide by, even join them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different year, same . The Patriot Act should be repealed, but that's not gonna happen.

The US Congress is improving the infrastructure of fascism, and Brandon will sign it, if passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Defense bill passes Senate"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Section 702 reauthorized, extending the post 9/11 regime of domestic mass surveillance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Private businesses can be forced to narc on their customers.

Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act already allows the government to compel communications companies like Google and Verizon to turn over information. This terrible bill would expand that to any service provider with access to equipment like routers, and let the government order them to help it monitor communications.

That means virtually any vendor who enters your home, or any business you visit, could be forced to become an involuntary government agent. That should chill you to the bone.

Congress masked the bill’s destructive impact by exempting hotels, coffee shops and a few other places. That’s cause for alarm, not relief. It admits that, without an exemption, they too could be commandeered by the FBI. Those not specifically exempted still can be.

But you may never know if they are. Under the bill, they’re gagged from telling anyone.
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/letters...-trump-letters

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Section 702 reauthorized, extending the post 9/11 regime of domestic mass surveillance.

We ain't got a thing on Russia, eh, Winester? Six of 1---Half dozen of the other.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Private businesses can be forced to narc on their customers.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/letters...-trump-letters
    We ain't got a thing on Russia, eh, Winester? Six of 1---Half dozen of the other.

Thread Information