Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Yeah, you know man. These:

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you know man. These:

Non-life threatening injuries and a rebellious teenager going through puberty. How do those pics help your point?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I believe those pics of Zimmerman may be considered self-defense. It appears his nose is broken. God bless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murderous vigilante GZ went looking for trouble and got beat the up by his stalked, threatened victim who did nothing but Stand His Ground aka in self defense

or does Stand Your Ground in FL mean only with a gun, not with your fists?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-22-2013 at 07:45 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Non-life threatening injuries and a rebellious teenager going through puberty. How do those pics help your point?
    I believe the Defense will portray Martin as a thug wannabe. There were reports that he was asking around about acquiring a gun in the weeks prior to his death. As far as non-life threatening injuries, what's Zimmerman supposed to do? Wait till Martin beats him to within an inch of his life? Also, no marks on Zim's knuckels and I'm betting no marks on Martin's face. Proves to me those cries for help we've been reading about had to be coming from Zim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most kids trayvon's age are thug wannabe's. every kid from the hood to the suburb imitates the gangsta rapper, that has nothing to do with him being murdered for walking with skittles and tea. his marijuana use, text messages and pictures of a gun is so irrelevant, the judge told the defense they can't talk about it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...marijuana.html

those pictures of zimmerman with a busted nose and a scratch on the back of his head don't move me. he went home with no medical attention and fell asleep on his daddy's couch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murderous vigilante GZ went looking for trouble and got beat the up by his stalked, threatened victim who did nothing but Stand His Ground aka in self defense

or does Stand Your Ground in FL mean only with a gun, not with your fists?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "[Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson] ruled that the two sides cannot bring up evidence of Martin's familiarity with guns, previous marijuana use, and previous fighting incidents. She left the door open on one issue involving marijuana. Defense attorneys say toxicology tests show Martin had enough THC—the key active ingredient in marijuana—to indicate he may have smoked the drug a couple of hours before the shooting. Nelson barred any mention of this from opening statements, but said she will rule later on whether it will be admissible after she hears defense experts' testimony about the marijuana use. ... The attorneys also cannot bring up Martin's text messages.

evidence of the fighting he has been involved with in the past relevant," defense lawyer Mark O'Mara told the Associated Press last week after releasing texts from Martin's cellphone that discussed fighting, smoking pot and being forced to move out of his mom's house."

looks Debbie is already down with he poor little GZ's innocence.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not good news for the prosecution on the voice recognition angle.

Judge bars audio experts from George Zimmerman trial who say screams were not Zimmerman

In a major victory for murder suspect George Zimmerman, a judge today ruled that prosecutors may not put on the witness stand two state audio experts who say the voice heard screaming in the background of a 911 call was someone other than Zimmerman.

The judge had heard three days of testimony about the science used by the state's experts and ruled that it failed to meet Florida's legal standard.

One of the experts, Alan R. Reich, had concluded the voice he identified as Trayvon is heard yelling "I'm begging you" and "stop." The other, Tom Owen, says he ruled Zimmerman out as the screamer with biometric software. Both are now banned.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7655747.story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his marijuana use, text messages and pictures of a gun is so irrelevant, the judge told the defense they can't talk about it.
    Only for now.
    You Travonz may end up having it all in front of the jury.

"Circuit Judge Debra Nelson left open the possibility that the defense could try again later during the trial if it could show relevance."

Also, former prosecution member Wesley White exposed the sneakiness attempted by the prosecution:
    "Before the judge decided to postpone the hearing on sanctions, a former prosecutor who used to work in the same office as the attorneys prosecuting Zimmerman testified he had told O'Mara about photos and text messages from Martin's cell phone that hadn't yet been turned over to the defense."

I hope White gets called as a witness.

most kids trayvon's age are thug wannabe's. every kid from the hood to the suburb imitates the gangsta rapper,
    an appalling number of sheeple who adulate gangsta wrapper dumb i agree.
    Hardly "most kids".

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Not good news for the prosecution on the voice recognition angle.

Judge bars audio experts from George Zimmerman trial who say screams were not Zimmerman

In a major victory for murder suspect George Zimmerman, a judge today ruled that prosecutors may not put on the witness stand two state audio experts who say the voice heard screaming in the background of a 911 call was someone other than Zimmerman.

The judge had heard three days of testimony about the science used by the state's experts and ruled that it failed to meet Florida's legal standard.

One of the experts, Alan R. Reich, had concluded the voice he identified as Trayvon is heard yelling "I'm begging you" and "stop." The other, Tom Owen, says he ruled Zimmerman out as the screamer with biometric software. Both are now banned.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7655747.story
    I'll bet not a single person who understand digital communications disagree with this decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like a kid's voice screaming help to me...this is so heartbreaking.

in comparison, marissa alexander is serving a 20 year sentence for firing a warning shot in her home at the direction of her huband, she was a victim of domestic violence, smh. a woman who was a victim of an abusive husband fires a warning shot and gets 20 years while zimmerman is about to walk free. i wonder why?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84U01320120531

there will be to pay when zimmerman is found not guilty by this kangaroo court. the jutice system. there is no justice for blacks in ameriKKKa. i hope they burn florida down after the trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and her stand your ground defense was denied by the judge. i guess its only stands for creeps who go looking for trouble, not innocent victims of domestic violence or children walking home.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    oh and her stand your ground defense was denied by the judge. i guess its only stands for creeps who go looking for trouble, not innocent victims of domestic violence or children walking home.
    GZ is not utilizing the Stand Your Ground defense in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GZ is not utilizing the Stand Your Ground defense in this case.
    doesn't matter. stand your ground is still relevant in this case. the alexander case is very similar, except zimmerman will get off for murder, while alexander is doing 20 years for a warning shot.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    After reading this quote from another site, I may have to rethink my prediction that there will be riots if GZ is acquitted. It's not something I considered before:
    "Zimmerman will be found innocent, and there will be no Rodney King memorial race riots.

There is a big difference between present-day Florida and South Central LA twenty-one years ago: Florida has had concealed carry for nineteen years.

Everybody in Sanford is going to be armed on the day of the verdict, and all the potential rioters are going to be well aware of that fact."

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading this quote from another site, I may have to rethink my prediction that there will be riots if GZ is acquitted. It's not something I considered before:
    "Zimmerman will be found innocent, and there will be no Rodney King memorial race riots.

There is a big difference between present-day Florida and South Central LA twenty-one years ago: Florida has had concealed carry for nineteen years.

Everybody in Sanford is going to be armed on the day of the verdict, and all the potential rioters are going to be well aware of that fact."
    Lol gun nuts just drooling for the day they find Zimmerman innocent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet not a single person who understand digital communications disagree with this decision.
    I work with signal processing professionally so tell me your technical opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been to a Bose store and listened to an entire AC/DC album.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLumpkins
    I've been to a Bose store and listened to an entire AC/DC album.
    LOL...

I didn't see that, because I have Fizzy on IGNORE.

OK Fuzzy, consider this.

The recording is of an 8 bit datastream, at and i believe an 8k sample rate. The screams are at a distance, and low volume compared to the conversation. There is probably, at best, 5 bits of data for the screams, and I believe all but under 3 seconds of the screaming was occurring the same time as talking. Then of course, a probable 8k sample rate isn't fast enough to sample the harmonics of high pitched screams.

There is no way to properly reconstruct accurate sound from so few bits for amplitude and so little time. The sound we hear is likely not an accurate reconstruction to begin with. If you had read material from various audio experts, you would know that they never trust such results.

This isn't like "CD" quality sound you know.

Sure, they had a 16 bit recording of the 911 call, but the call itself was an 8 bit call through the cell carrier.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 06-23-2013 at 12:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

I didn't see that, because I have Fizzy on IGNORE.

OK Fuzzy, consider this.

The recording is of an 8 bit datastream, at and i believe an 8k sample rate. The screams are at a distance, and low volume compared to the conversation. There is probably, at best, 5 bits of data for the screams, and I believe all but under 3 seconds of the screaming was occurring the same time as talking. Then of course, a probable 8k sample rate isn't fast enough to sample the harmonics of high pitched screams.

There is no way to properly reconstruct accurate sound from so few bits for amplitude and so little time. The sound we hear is likely not an accurate reconstruction to begin with. If you had read material from various audio experts, you would know that they never trust such results.

This isn't like "CD" quality sound you know.

Sure, they had a 16 bit recording of the 911 call, but the call itself was an 8 bit call through the cell carrier.
    only 5-bits

Data loss doesn't make the bus shrink, Dr. Google.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    only 5-bits

Data loss doesn't make the bus shrink, Dr. Google.
    LOL...

Once again, you clearly do not understand.

8 bit data gives you 256 levels yo apply to a waveform. A quieter voice will not use all 8 bits. Lets say it uses 7 bits (128 levels) for the peak signal level. More distant voices, will only peak at 6 bits (64 levels) of resolution, etc. 5 bits would only be 32 levels.

Sure, the data package is still 8 bits of resolution, but doesn't mean the intelligence you are analyzing is 8 bits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

Once again, you clearly do not understand.

8 bit data gives you 256 levels yo apply to a waveform. A quieter voice will not use all 8 bits. Lets say it uses 7 bits (128 levels) for the peak signal level. More distant voices, will only peak at 6 bits (64 levels) of resolution, etc. 5 bits would only be 32 levels.

Sure, the data package is still 8 bits of resolution, but doesn't mean the intelligence you are analyzing is 8 bits.

Thanks, Dr. Google. This is neither here nor there. In truth you can filter out unwanted noise above a certain threshold if you know the approximate volume of what you are trying to isolate. That still has nothing to do with the bus size.

Try again. It's amusing watching you google as you go along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quieter voice will not use all 8 bits. Lets say it uses 7 bits (128 levels) for the peak signal level. More distant voices, will only peak at 6 bits (64 levels) of resolution, etc. 5 bits would only be 32 levels.
    This part was especially ignorant on multiple levels but hey you know your powers of 2. You must be an expert.

Dumb

Thread Information