Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not will you chimp out on whites or Mestizos?
    Lol when a black man displays visible frustration, its called "chimp out". When a white guy does it, it's called "venting". Guy that shot up the campus, oh he's just venting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ethan hawke's take on the trayvon martin case. i haven't seen his new movie yet to see the similarities he mentioned.

Ethan Hawke's New Film "The Purge" Reminds Him Of The Trayvon Martin Case
    Posted June 4, 2013 by BlogXilla for Global Grind Staff

I had the opportunity to speak with Ethan Hawke about his new movie The Purge, and he said something that totally blew my mind.

If you haven't heard, the thriller/horror movie is set in a world where there is zero crime. They've accomplished this by allowing one day where all crime is legal; a way for residents to "purge" their souls.

The film's characters think this is their given right, as if God himself allows the opportunity to kill in order to make the world a better place. In the flick, most of the people who partake in the Purge come from well-off communities and they tend to wipe out the homeless and less fortunate. You know, keep the world a safe and better place and all that.

The arc of the movie happens when a homeless black man is spotted begging for help in a gated community. This man was merely trying to stay alive, when a group of crazed residents decided they wanted to take his life.

The Purge is not only thrilling and unique, it's also quite thought-provoking.

So while talking to the movie's star Ethan Hawke, he said something that caught my attention.

Ethan said The Purge reminds him of the Trayvon Martin case:

"This movie at it's best has something very subversive to say about race and class and economics," Ethan explained. "It's hard for me to watch the movie and not think about Trayvon Martin. Watching the guy run through this gated community begging for help. That's what's interesting to me about the movie."

I asked Ethan if he's been following the trial, and he revealed:

"I've only been following that I know it's about to go to trial and I'm watching it kind of anxiously. It happened while we were making this movie. It seem so odd...The parallels are obvious."

A black guy just walking down the block is attacked for basically no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It leads me to wonder ... was Trayvon purged?

Think about it: the fact that it took so long to charge George Zimmerman with a crime because society thought it was just another unidentified black man. The fact that there is no concern when a "thug" or "low life" is killed, but then you start to peel back the layers. You realize that this person you think is a thug, is actually a son, a brother, a boyfriend and a scared little teen trying to watch the all-star game.

It really makes you think. So with that said, do you think Trayvon Martin was purged?

The Purge hits theaters June 7th.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/entertainment...#ixzz2VwD457Iw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    purged?

Two idiots met on a dark and rainy night and it ended badly. happens all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and I'll take that bet Creepn . $100 says he doesn't get convicted of murder 2. Kori can hold the money. Put your money where your big mouth is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    purged?

Two idiots met on a dark and rainy night and it ended badly. happens all the time.
    yea purged as in zimmerman supporters thinking he did society a favor by killing a kid who would have gone on to sell drugs, rape or murder. only idiot was zimmerman getting out of the car and following a kid trying to watch the allstar game with his lil bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a guest on a fox news show says its trayvon's fault he's dead. sad thing is this came from a former police officer.

"She was talking about the Skittles that he had, and the Coca-Cola that Trayvon Martin had. That doesn't look good for the defense because he's injecting something into their minds, like, this is a little kid with candy walking around the street. Listen, Trayvon Martin would be alive today if he didn't have a street at ude. That's the bottom line."
    Holder immediately stepped in to say "'street at ude' is a very broad thing and is something that actually can be used as a — and I'm not saying this to you, personally — but something that can be used as something racist, like calling a kid a thug." She pointed out that she herself experienced backlash for using the word "thug" while involved in Chicago legal cases.

"That's insane," Houck chuckled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea purged as in zimmerman supporters thinking he did society a favor by killing a kid who would have gone on to sell drugs, rape or murder. only idiot was zimmerman getting out of the car and following a kid trying to watch the allstar game with his lil bro.
    They both made bad decisions. happened. Zimmerman will not get convicted of murder 2. Trill will cry.

And I'm not a Zimmerman backer. I think he is a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both made bad decisions. happened. Zimmerman will not get convicted of murder 2. Trill will cry.

And I'm not a Zimmerman backer. I think he is a dumbass.
    cry? chill, no reason to we can't have a grown up debate here.

anyways, what bad decision did tray make? its weird how zimmerman supporters or those who think they were both dumb, feel that if a perfect stranger comes up to you and asks you who you are, what you are doing here and where you live, that you are obligated to answer them. if someone is following you, you go straight home. tray should have been a good lil boy and acquiesced to zimmerman's demands, thats silly to me.

the only person who i feel was using self defense is dead. no way would i teach my children to cower to a stranger if they feel threatened.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

anyways, what bad decision did tray make? its weird how zimmerman supporters or those who think they were both dumb, feel that if a perfect stranger comes up to you and asks you who you are, what you are doing here and where you live, that you are obligated to answer them. if someone is following you, you go straight home. tray should have been a good lil boy and acquiesced to zimmerman's demands, thats silly to me.
    That may well be, but he would most likely still be alive.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Walking away from trouble is an unappreciated strat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may well be, but he would most likely still be alive.
    so you teach your children to talk to strangers? okay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walking away from trouble is an unappreciated strat.
    tell that to zimmerman. should have just stayed in the truck but he chose to go looking for trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the only person who i feel was using self defense is dead. no way would i teach my children to cower to a stranger if they feel threatened.
    hi. I'm Trayvon Martin. I'm staying at my dads house. He lives at XXXXXXXXXX. I walked to the store to get a soda and candy. Would you like my dads phone number so you can verify? It's XXX-XXXX

Breaking his nose and sitting on his chest while pounding his head into the concrete is hardly a way to make friends.

You are a up Trill and I hope your kids are smart enough not to take your advice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    en lement is real folks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    so you teach your children to talk to strangers? okay
    lol. No. I do teach them to walk away from trouble when possible. Anyone with a room temp IQ can tell that Z is an idiot with an at ude. Personally, I tend to wander off from idiots...especially when they're idiots with weapons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what race he is you dumbass.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tell that to zimmerman. should have just stayed in the truck but he chose to go looking for trouble.
    Absolutely. Z is not off the hook for this. But there exists a set of actions that Trayvon might've survived had he opted for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, statistically speaking, Trill won't raise his kids anyway.

We are probably OK.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hi. I'm Trayvon Martin. I'm staying at my dads house. He lives at XXXXXXXXXX. I walked to the store to get a soda and candy. Would you like my dads phone number so you can verify? It's XXX-XXXX

Breaking his nose and sitting on his chest while pounding his head into the concrete is hardly a way to make friends.

You are a up Trill and I hope your kids are smart enough not to take your advice.
    lol at this bull . so you want tray to tell a perfect stranger, who followed him, where he lives and give him his parents phone number? yea i hope my kids take my advice too. don't talk to strangers, period.

and he was 17, not 25, not 30, not 50. a 17 year old kid who was confronted by a stranger and he felt threatened so he protected himself, zimmerman didn't need any medical attention so the ass whooping he got wasn't that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the norm, but from his macho/racist rants in here he fits the profile and would probably walk on a baby mama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. Z is not off the hook for this. But there exists a set of actions that Trayvon might've survived had he opted for them.
    yea but he's a 17 year old kid and i don't expect him to make the wisest decisions. i do think he shouldn't have to answer to a stranger, though.

yea i know, its all good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at this bull . so you want tray to tell a perfect stranger, who followed him, where he lives and give him his parents phone number? yea i hope my kids take my advice too. don't talk to strangers, period.

and he was 17, not 25, not 30, not 50. a 17 year old kid who was confronted by a stranger and he felt threatened so he protected himself, zimmerman didn't need any medical attention so the ass whooping he got wasn't that bad.
    LMAO! He broke his nose and was sitting on his chest pounding his head into the concrete. It has been do ented and entered into evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO! He broke his nose and was sitting on his chest pounding his head into the concrete. It has been do ented and entered into evidence.
    sorry we only have one side of the story and so far his word is not to be trusted. i'm not denying trayvon kicked his ass. a 17 year old kid who was approached by an armed stranger? i would have fought for my life too. but you would have chosen to cower and submit? you gotta be trolling me.

Meh. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the norm, but from his macho/racist rants in here he fits the profile and would probably walk on a baby mama.
    what macho/racist rants? there were other posters who aren't black who've said the exact same things i've said, chill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry we only have one side of the story and so far his word is not to be trusted. i'm not denying trayvon kicked his ass. a 17 year old kid who was approached by an armed stranger? i would have fought for my life too. but you would have chosen to cower and submit? you gotta be trolling me.

what macho/racist rants? there were other posters who aren't black who've said the exact same things i've said, chill.
    You tin me? I've had a gun pulled on me before and the first thought that came to mind was tell this fool anything he wants to hear so he doesn't pull that ing trigger. That's no time to prove your manhood unless you are a comic book superhero. Getting shot sucks. Just ask Trayvon. Oh Yeah. You can't. He was stupid. He's dead.

That's giving you the benefit of the doubt that Zimmerman drew on him like you claim.

Thread Information