Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tin me? I've had a gun pulled on me before and the first thought that came to mind was tell this fool anything he wants to hear so he doesn't pull that ing trigger. That's no time to prove your manhood unless you are a comic book superhero. Getting shot sucks. Just ask Trayvon. Oh Yeah. You can't. He was stupid. He's dead.

That's giving you the benefit of the doubt that Zimmerman drew on him like you claim.
    ive had a gun pulled on me as well but i was a grown man when it happened. how old were you? i hope you aren't comparing your decision making skills as a 40 year old man to a teen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we agree Trayvon made a fatally bad decision to try to beat the fat s ass that (turns out) had a gun. That macho rarely ends good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we agree Trayvon made a fatally bad decision to try to beat the fat s ass that (turns out) had a gun. That macho rarely ends good.
    no i don't agree he made a fatal decision by defending himself against the white-hispanic. real macho for a stranger to confront a kid while armed. real tough guy.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, statistically speaking, Trill won't raise his kids anyway.

We are probably OK.
    Lol ed up, but can I see those stats that you are statistically speaking from?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Lol tea baggers saying trayvon should have given his personal info to a fat who had no authority to be questioning him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol tea baggers saying trayvon should have given his personal info to a fat who had no authority to be questioning him
    When did tea baggers expand the Jim Crow rules to the mexican/hispanics? I must've missed that memo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the norm, but from his macho/racist rants in here he fits the profile and would probably walk on a baby mama.
    rich in vitamin I, I tell you.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    When did tea baggers expand the Jim Crow rules to the mexican/hispanics? I must've missed that memo.
    Yes, please send me that memo.

I've never seen it either.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So....

How many of you "convict him now" people moved and registered to vote, so you might be selected for that jury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ed up, but can I see those stats that you are statistically speaking from?
    67%

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data...s.aspx?ind=107

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walking away from trouble is an unappreciated strat.
    Z, a Neighborhood Watch Captain:

1) went on a vigilante watch run armed, against Neighborhood Watch rules

2) confronted his victim, against Neighborhood Watch rules

He went armed, looking for trouble, caused trouble, and murdered an innocent kid who "felt threatened" and who "stood his ground" under FL law. Then Z lied to the court about his money, and his passport.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it? That is the stat white people like to throw in black people's faces? It says nothing about the kid being fatherless. It doesn't take into account if it's a father-led single family home or a mother-led single family honme either. It doesn't take into about divorces. The lopsided stats problem probably indicates the incaceration rates of blacks being thrown in jail for victimless crimes such as marijauna or maybe being killed like Trayvon here by vigilantes and cops or just thrown in jail just to be thrown in jail lol. Like I said in another thread, don't cry and about black people on welfare or in jail if people continue to racially target them. It's a consequence. It's an effect from a cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it? That is the stat white people like to throw in black people's faces? It says nothing about the kid being fatherless. It doesn't take into account if it's a father-led single family home or a mother-led single family honme either. It doesn't take into about divorces. The lopsided stats problem probably indicates the incaceration rates of blacks being thrown in jail for victimless crimes such as marijauna or maybe being killed like Trayvon here by vigilantes and cops or just thrown in jail just to be thrown in jail lol. Like I said in another thread, don't cry and about black people on welfare or in jail if people continue to racially target them. It's a consequence. It's an effect from a cause.

hit a nerve, did we? 67% is 67%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, statistically speaking, Trill won't raise his kids anyway.

We are probably OK.
    I Dont think this contributes to the discussion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. Z is not off the hook for this. But there exists a set of actions that Trayvon might've survived had he opted for them.
    I agree. This is a unique case where justice will probably be served by either a conviction or acquittal. This does not mean that Zimmerman was correct in his actions. I think he was wrong to ever get out of the truck. He was right to originally call the police and should have left it at that. If convicted, (non-legal) justice is served because he is being punished for assuming a responsibility that was not his to assume. His bad decision leading to the death of an innocent child.

Martin should have just continued walking home. I highly doubt he gets shot if he just ignores Zimmerman and walks/runs to his house. If he does, Zimmerman has no self-defense claim and spends the rest of his life in jail. I do not believe in the wrong place at the wrong time general thought for Martin. He was in the right place at the right time. His aggressive actions seems to be what ultimately lead to his death.

Just my prediction but I think the self-defense claim will prevail. Not sure how I will feel either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at this bull . so you want tray to tell a perfect stranger, who followed him, where he lives and give him his parents phone number? yea i hope my kids take my advice too. don't talk to strangers, period.

and he was 17, not 25, not 30, not 50. a 17 year old kid who was confronted by a stranger and he felt threatened so he protected himself, zimmerman didn't need any medical attention so the ass whooping he got wasn't that bad.
    I dont think anyone is arguing that Martin was not justified in kicking Zimmerman's ass. But that is why he got shot and that is why Zimmerman has a self-defense affirmative defense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    but from his macho/racist rants in here
    he fits the profile and would probably walk on a baby mama.
    Oh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO! He broke his nose and was sitting on his chest pounding his head into the concrete. It has been do ented and entered into evidence.
    A reasonable response to being stalked and assaulted by a gun-wielding psychopath in the night. Innocent people don't have to bow down to some loser wannabe Dirty Harry, just because the guy is packing heat.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If it were me I would have said to Zimmerman, "I'm gonna keep walking home. You're free to call the police and if they stop me ill answer their questions," but there's no in way I would have given any personal info to some random fat ass. The idea that a guy can play vigilante to extort info from any random person they see and then shoot the person in "self defense" if the person being questioned by the wannabe cop reacts with hostility is totally preposterous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they did not.
    Selection continues.

Anyone know the ratio of whites/blacks/asians in this jurisdiction?
    So what jurisdiction are jurors being drawn from?

Sanford is the county seat of Seminole County, Florida. Although it experienced explosive growth during the economic boom and has several large, modern upscale subdivisions, it remains relatively poor.

With approximately 54,000 residents, it has a per capita income of only about $21,000, with about 18.5% of the city below the poverty line, according to the 2010 census. It is approximately 30% African-American and 20% Hispanic. It has a do ented history of racial tensions between its police and its black residents.

Contrast this with Seminole County. Seminole County is more than 80% white (including white Hispanics) and only about 11% black. Overall, only 10% of the population is below the poverty line, and that factors in Sanford.

If Sanford is removed from the equation, Seminole County is overall a very affluent county, predominantly white and Republican and filled with pockets of substantial wealth and gated subdivisions. Seminole County has become more suburban, and as growth has skyrocketed, the white population has diluted the strength of Sanford's African-American vote and diminished its influence in elections.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hi. I'm Trayvon Martin. I'm staying at my dads house. He lives at XXXXXXXXXX. I walked to the store to get a soda and candy. Would you like my dads phone number so you can verify? It's XXX-XXXX
    just couldn't envision you doing this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *waves at Martin from his car*, "Hi excuse me sir! I don't mean to startle you but I'm part of a neighborhood patrol thing because we had a rash of break ins lately. Sorry if I spooked you, it's just that you don't look familiar in the neighborhood."

Martin would've replied with-

"I'm just visiting my dad here for a little while."

Then he goes back to talking to his gf over the phone and Z continues on with his patrol.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    *waves at Martin from his car*, "Hi excuse me sir! I don't mean to startle you but I'm part of a neighborhood patrol thing because we had a rash of break ins lately. Sorry if I spooked you, it's just that you don't look familiar in the neighborhood."

Martin would've either replied with-

"I'm just visiting my dad here for a little while."

Then he goes back to talking to his gf over the phone and Z continues on with his patrol.
    I laugh whenever I see Zimmerman say he was part of the neighborhood watch. A neighborhood watch generally means a collective effort from the neighborhood where multiple people have patrolling shifts.....a loser with the maturity level of an 8 year old who still lives off his parents in a state of arrested development wanting an excuse to play cops and robbers with his gun isn't a neighborhood watch

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    It's no surprise that Wild Cobra defends Zimmerman. Google mapping a random woman's house is considered normal to him. He'd probably stalk her with a gun too and say "I was just trying to protect you"

Thread Information