Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really ing hope ter isn't in silver and black next year. I've never seen such a pussy display in professional sports, and I was forced to watch Jefferson for years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, hats off to Miami. That was a BIG THREE performance for the ages. The brutal truth is if both teams play their best, Miami will win.

BUT, this has clearly turned into a punch-counterpunch series. The Spurs landed the first shot with Parker's buzzer-beater in Game 1, and they are still on track to land the final blow in Game 7.

Plus, the fact that our big three has been average at best, and we're still tied 2-2. That's pretty amazing.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost because of Manu and Splitter, who have never had a good game in the entire playoffs really.

No way they suddenly get good.

I truly think we've blown our opportunity to win the championship.

This feels like a classic Spurs meltdown moment. An OKC backdoor sweep, 0.4 depression, etc.
    Tiago is a really weak 7 footer, I mean really weak. Keeps the ball too low, gets stripped easily and then is so soft when he goes up. I don't need him to dunk but he needs to create space when he goes up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We CAN win in miami again. just make sure to win game 5 and it's possible. game 5 is a must obv, pressure on us. Miami can chill, they did what they had to do. they can return to Florida behind 3-2 and win 2 straight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a chance to go up 3-2 after Sunday against a great team and reigning NBA champions. They could be in a worse position tbh.

Laid an egg tonight but they win Game 5 and they'll have a chance. It's all you could ask for at this point.
    I agree stick with the defensive gameplan. Try to find the bigs early. If TP/Manu can't make the pass to the bigs I think Pop really needs to consider TMac. We're giving up passes to the bigs when the Heat blitz the pick and roll. TMac at least would have the vision and length to find the bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only hope TP can play on Sunday. Tiago and Manu, almost singlehandedly, made it impossible for us to win. Tiago I get, but for Manu to play that poorly when we needed him most is not promising. I think Tim will play much better on Sunday and if Tony can play we might have a chance. I think Pop was trying to get Manu and Tiago going by keeping them in the game. Didn't work out so great. The long wait for game 5 will be good for TP though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami made the shots they missed in the first 3 games. They took the shots the defense was designed to give. They also forced their way into the paint more and converted (spurs going small did not help). Spurs go some great looks inside and got their swatted an abnormal amount of times. MIA defense was fantastic, but Spurs still wasted plenty of opps. Lot's of terrible turn overs, no real urgency and the big 3 failed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Pop has to realize if Heat blitz is switched to high he has to sub out all his bad ball handlers.
    Tbh Tony Parker is the only good ballhandler on the team. If anyone considers Neal, or Green to be good handling the ball then that just shows how far Manu has fallen in this department.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I donít really have an issue with anything Pop did. With Wade on fire and Splitter playing passively, the regular starting lineup didnít make much sense to trot out there. Overall, I thought Pop had little or no impact on this game. The players on the court decided this game.
    I do. I realize Splitter made two awful plays within' the first minute, but allowing them to dictate terms that quickly, when they were in control of the series, is a defeatist at ude. If anything, I'd have waited too long to pull the plug, just to show them that they're not going to determine things.

Everything about the way he coached was defeatist. The constant resting of his best players, Leonard in particular, was pathetic. Instead of treating this like a must win and going for the kill, he's trying to manage minutes, despite the fact that they're down to five (Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Green, Neal) they can count on and have two days off upcoming. Why can James, who's got a ton more mileage and responsibility, go basically unlimited consecutive minutes without a rest, yet Leonard cant'? And why hasn't he figured out that they need at least one of Duncan/Leonard in at all times?

Of course, Pop's poor performance pails in comparison to Ginobili's, who's lost his compe ive spirit. I don't care what anyone says; there's no way you can say he wants this as badly as Parker, Duncan, Leonard and Green. Unfortunately, they can't go away from him entirely, but if he doesn't compete at the level necessary next game, then he has no business being amongst the closing five.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually the series was going to come down to the star players. The Heat Big 3 stepped up. The Spurs Big 3 didn't.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a chance to go up 3-2 after Sunday against a great team and reigning NBA champions. They could be in a worse position tbh.

Laid an egg tonight but they win Game 5 and they'll have a chance. It's all you could ask for at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is never better with less rest, not sure what people expected and Tim looks tired as well, he's not posting up much anymore for a reason.
    reason? how bout our guards inability/unwillingness to give him the ball at the post? they weren't even trying to give him the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Tiago Splitter, wtf? Gets his first two shots blocked by Wade and Battier. Added three turnovers. Began the game really weak on the glass. All in all, just a shockingly soft performance.
    TIMvip, you're shocked at Splitter playing weak under the bright lights? This game had Splitter written all over him. He's already reached his ceiling as a player. Just wait until the big 3 are no longer here. Back to Spain to play with softer, smaller men we go...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play Wade exactly the same tbh. Make him prove it over a couple of games.

Tighten up on a LeBron a little bit but don't overreact to this game. The blueprint is still solid.

We'll make adjustments and we will respond in Game 5 just like Miami did tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Extremely frustrating game to watch. Spurs looked befuddled literally from the tip off. How do you up a tip off, ffs?

Ray Allen looking like a much better and more valuable weapon than Manu.

So we're down to 2 extremely unlikely scenarios for a Spurs le:
    Spurs win 2 in a row or win a game 7 in Miami.

This game is going to haunt us, I'm afraid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only hope TP can play on Sunday. Tiago and Manu, almost singlehandedly, made it impossible for us to win. Tiago I get, but for Manu to play that poorly when we needed him most is not promising. I think Tim will play much better on Sunday and if Tony can play we might have a chance. I think Pop was trying to get Manu and Tiago going by keeping them in the game. Didn't work out so great. The long wait for game 5 will be good for TP though.
    On the bright side, they may be saving Peter Holt some money this offseason at this rate! Tiago can go to Charlotte or some team in Spain for all I care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan spent half the game establishing position, not sure what people want him to do, tbh..most of the time Miami fronts and the Spurs guards don't understand what to run to get him the ball..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan spent half the game establishing position, not sure what people want him to do, tbh..most of the time Miami fronts and the Spurs guards don't understand what to run to get him the ball..
    Less Neal and more Diaw tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs looking like the Pacers a little bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that the Spurs have two days to come back from this loss. I think we're starting to see the Heat at their best. All in all, the Spurs took the punch pretty well. I think if they figure the Heat out this time, they can overcome them in Game 6, too.

It's getting to the point though that Pop may need to just get Ginobili out of there. It's just obscene right now watching him on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do. I realize Splitter made two awful plays within' the first minute, but allowing them to dictate terms that quickly, when they were in control of the series, is a defeatist at ude. If anything, I'd have waited too long to pull the plug, just to show them that they're not going to determine things.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Imagine if you're Miami. Imagine your delight in seeing the Spurs take out their 2nd best big essentially before the game even started. They LOVED Gary Neal coming in for Splitter.

Reckless, reactionary, emotional coaching for a man who likes to preach humility and getting over yourself. I think the game turned at that precise point.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everything about the way he coached was defeatist. The constant resting of his best players, Leonard in particular, was pathetic. Instead of treating this like a must win and going for the kill, he's trying to manage minutes, despite the fact that they're down to five (Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Green, Neal) they can count on and have two days off upcoming. Why can James, who's got a ton more mileage and responsibility, go basically unlimited consecutive minutes without a rest, yet Leonard cant'? And why hasn't he figured out that they need at least one of Duncan/Leonard in at all times?

Of course, Pop's poor performance pails in comparison to Ginobili's, who's lost his compe ive spirit. I don't care what anyone says; there's no way you can say he wants this as badly as Parker, Duncan, Leonard and Green. Unfortunately, they can't go away from him entirely, but if he doesn't compete at the level necessary next game, then he has no business being amongst the closing five.
    underrated post, Pop sat Kawhi for no reason right after we were as close as we were going to be. Why why why, is all i asked, because Lebron and wade were both still on the floor. He sat Kawhi when Duncan was already sitting, and the rebounding went to crap instantly.

Why sit kawhi? Why sit the rebounding guy that just scored freakishly on the baseline?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to look again, but maybe that contributed to the Spurs getting back into the game with Diaw in the first half? He understands the high-low about as well as anyone on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Breaking news: Miami is a damn great team.

You can put this loss on some players but I find that Spurs as a whole played a good game. Miami was just the better team tonight and I wear that this trend will carry on for the rest of the series that will end with Heat winning in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many turnovers. 10 in the first half, and almost the same amount in the second half. If we continue to turn it over like this we won't win another game. Pretty much the same thing happened in game 2 in that regard. Splitter/Ginobili/Cojo? SMH. Neal forced it early on trying to replicate game 3, but like was said previously, played a decent game. They sure trapped the out of Timmy on several occasions. But he could've played much better. I thought Pop could've called a timeout in the first half before Miami got out in control there in their first real run.

There was a possession, score was 81-86 and we gave up two offensive rebounds, that hurt. They later scored on that possession. But my main problem are the massive amount of turnovers.

Thread Information