Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do it in Europe. Put them on the line, make them earn their points and grab rebound on missed on purpose FT. Couldnt be simplier. I dont know what is wrong with it ?
    They don't do that in America, didn't you hear?
    Europe is only good to go find your players.

Oh, and the wine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for some reason i was watching that game lastnight on youtube...
    mind = blown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst thing isn't that we didn't make the foul. You can choose to defend the play. It's worse that it seems we can't take in consideration to foul them because this is the NBA and we are better than that.

Well this "we don't" could cost us a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you decide to defend,then you have to put someone on the floor to grab the rebound.We decided to defend with hope that the ball somehow ends up in our hands.Talk about a good coaching.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When asked about closing out a game 6 pop responded, "We don't do that either".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When asked why he didn't use common sense in his decision making this game, he responded, "I don't do that either."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss is 1000%on Popovich. Period. He takes Duncan out for the two most important defensive possessions of the season. And all we need is ONE rebound on either possession. And because Duncan was not in the game - again, Pop's decision - we gave up an offensive rebound and a second three-point shot on EACH possession. It's on Pop. He didn't let the players decide. And even worse, in what would have been the most memorable game of Tim's career, he didn't let Tim on the court for the most important possessions. If I were Tim, I'd strangle the guy in his sleep tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the replay, it would have been hard to foul bosh... easier said than done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the replay, it would have been hard to foul bosh... easier said than done.
    No. Whoever catches the ball from inbound and starts to dribble it down the court, you foul him. No technical, no nothing. Send this guy to the line, he can only score 2 points when they need 3. I had nothing to do with fouling Bosh after rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't do that, Pop. Do we lose in the NBA filans? No, but you just slightly increased our chances of doing that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Isn't Pop the guy who uses the Hack-a-Shaq more than any other coach in the NBA? I have seen him use it on the Clippers last year. I have seen him use it this season... And now, he doesn't DO THAT? This could have been his best Hack-A-Shaq job ever in the last 2 minutes of the game. What an idiot.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll play "hack-a-[insert poor FT shooting big man]" but not foul in the closing seconds of a decisive Game 6 in the NBA Finals with a 3-point lead? WTF?!?
    This. Seems a little inconsistent to me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opposing coaches in 2 consecutive series that went 7 have bailed out the Heat by sitting their best big men/rebounder at the end of games. Hibbert Game 1 ECF, Duncan Game 6 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish one of these reporters would call Pop out for being arrogant and disrespectful. The great thing is that it would probably lift their profile. I would absolutely love that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Majority of coaches don't do this tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree
    He'll play "hack-a-[insert poor FT shooting big man]" but not foul in the closing seconds of a decisive Game 6 in the NBA Finals with a 3-point lead? WTF?!?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let me get this straight. he'll hack the crap out of guy who can't shoot freethrows to get a regular season win but he can't do what-ever it takes to win a pivotal finals game for his team. The same way teams use fouling to get back into a game , he doesn't want to use it against them. That's just laughable and re ed.

Pop needs to get over himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time, I thought fouling would've been a good idea. But unlike what the OP says, it's not necessarily a 'down by one in the worst case scenario' - if they missed the second free-throw and grabbed the rebound, there's the chance of a four-point play. Which would've been far more aggravating than trying to play honest defence.

Also, we'd still have had to make free-throws, and we weren't firing on all cylinders, so turning the game into a free-throw fest may not have worked out either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just more of Pop being the self-righteous, caustic prick he can be toward the media. He'll never admit publically that HE made a mistake by sitting Duncan. He'll never admit publically that he stuck with Manu too long. He will not admit anything, but he does need to take his own advice and "get over himself".
    rack it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Akin to this, when LeBron hoisted his end of regulation miss, there were approx 7 seconds on the clock.
    Why have all 5 Spurs try to rebound, thus leaving three point shooter(s) open for the Heat?

Why not have at least one (Parker) and better yet two Spurs have priority 1 be guard any would-be 3 pt Heat shooters in the event of a would-be Heat offensive rebound?
    Instead, Ray Allen is open by 12 feet for the game tying 3.
    So the Heat get the O rebound (which they did) and make a two pointer. Big deal. Now there are 5 seconds left, Spurs ahead by one and back to the FT line for the Spurs. No timeouts for Miami, even if the Spur FT shooter bricks, they have to go 90 feet to hit the game winner.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanna know what else they don't do? Win a le in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if the person you're fouling is dwight howard or shaq pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Majority of coaches don't do this tbh
    Majority of the coaches in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish one of these reporters would call Pop out for being arrogant and disrespectful. The great thing is that it would probably lift their profile. I would absolutely love that.
    Come on, they are just journalists, they never won a single basketball game in their entire life.
    And never will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    foul and he makes the three spurs lose

Thread Information