View Poll Results: Is Erik Spoelstra an elite coach?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 20.00%
  • No

20 80.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    i think most will say yes, miami/lebron fans will say no
    I'm a LeBron fan and I think Spo is a very good coach, tbh..... it's actually the Heat haters who don't give him any credit....

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I can't give Spoelstra that kind of praise. Pop, Carlisle, and Thibs are elite. Those guys get the most out of their players. Spoelstra is only in the top 4-5 by default. That doesn't make him elite, tbh. A team with this kind of talent faced game 7's in the ing East 2 years in a row on both le runs. Spoelstra is the reason why Miami has underachieved. They won 2 in a row but they didn't dominate like they should have with a roster like that. Miami still lacks a killer instinct in close out games. They needed a serious rally to close out the ing Nets and couldn't finish Indiana off in game 5 despite being given so many chances. They don't go for the kill when they smell blood, and I blame that on Spoelstra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not elite ....

..... Yet

But he is a very good coach, and he is growing

Being a young Phili , he had all the odds stacked against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't give Spoelstra that kind of praise. Pop, Carlisle, and Thibs are elite. Those guys get the most out of their players. Spoelstra is only in the top 4-5 by default. That doesn't make him elite, tbh. A team with this kind of talent faced game 7's in the ing East 2 years in a row on both le runs. Spoelstra is the reason why Miami has underachieved. They won 2 in a row but they didn't dominate like they should have with a roster like that. Miami still lacks a killer instinct in close out games. They needed a serious rally to close out the ing Nets and couldn't finish Indiana off in game 5 despite being given so many chances. They don't go for the kill when they smell blood, and I blame that on Spoelstra.

Lets be real for a second here, Spo actually came up with a defensive AND offensive scheme. That already kicks the crap out of the Thibs/Vogels of the world. He's not the greatest adjuster (lol Danny Green), but he does everything else pretty well.

I mean his 2012+ systems wouldn't work without Lebron, but at least he could come up with something unlike Mike Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does elite mean?

Spo did cover some of the roster holes of the Heat using the small ball lineup. Sure having Lebron helped, and having Wade, Bosh, Allen, and a bunch of high IQ role players helped, but the lineup of the Heat is anything but conventional, and Spo installed a system that worked.

That said, I am not ready to put him in the level of Pop, Jackson, Daly and Riley.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has LBJ, Wade, Bosh and Allen and plays in the EC. Anyone Could coach that group to 4 Finals appearances in that conference.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lets be real for a second here, Spo actually came up with a defensive AND offensive scheme. That already kicks the crap out of the Thibs/Vogels of the world.
    This, tbh.... if anything, Thibs is the overrated one, not Spo.... Thibs has continued to ignore half the game (and yes, his defenders will cry about his personnel, but if he was really as good as advertised, he'd be maximizing his personnel on offense instead of fielding an absolute pile), is stubborn, and runs his players into the ground.... put Thibs on the Heat and they never go away from the deuling isoball that cost them the Finals in 2011 and Wade is fully done by now because Thibs would never allow the maintenance program....

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    He has one of the easiest job as an NBA coach compared to the rest of the coaches but is he good ?

in my opponion he is good, his player rotations ( ye they are stacked ) are good manages both sides of the game pretty well.
    makes it him the best coach.. no but for this team hes almost a perfect fit imo..

that guy in chicago is so overrated and let's not start about vogel

Thread Information