Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me that all of a sudden, a couple of years ago, Manu started chucking the three and was making them in an unbelievable fashion, I mean it was scary. Maybe Ive forgotten but that didn't seem to be his game when we were winning those championships. The problem is that when he started missing the threes, he invested too much of his confidence in them and when he started missing it took the rest of his game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just getting old...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting old, getting complacent, basketball isn't main priority in life anymore.

That's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like what was said. He's aging and his constant non-stop play has taken a toll. He himself is tired of being constantly injured, hopefully this summer will do him good. He's been playing since 98, both professionally and on the national team and with his style of play anybody would be injury plaugued. He's been chucking up three's because his body just can't maintain if he plays the way he used to.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting old, getting complacent, basketball isn't main priority in life anymore.

That's all.
    Bingo.
    I've been a huge Manu hater ever since the NBA finals begun. I will never forgive Manu and Pop for costing Duncan his 5th ring and Kawhi's possibly only shot at ever winning a championship.

That being said, I was sad to see how Manu looked the way he did in these finals. He looked way past his prime, he looked emotionally weak, he looked like he was content at winning only three les, and he looked like he lost his passion for the game. Clearly he didn't believe the Spurs ever had a chance. If he really feels this way and no longer enjoys playing basketball or he doesn't have that hunger to win anymore, then he needs to retire. Spurs really need his salary space to sign someone else on the team to back up Tony Parker.

I will always love Manu for the three championships he contributed to but I will never forget the way he and Pop cost us the #5.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all due respect that quote of one of your earlier posts is the biggest load of I've ever read tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in ginobili's mind, he thinks he can still do the things that he once could, but his body's old and won't allow it. not being able to dribble the ball was probably due to mental and physical fatigue, and being too much in his head. he still has a place on the team, but he has to adjust his game and pop can't ride him anymore. we need to find a replacement, someone like jarrett jack. he'll never be what ginobili was, but he's a damn good player and i was really impressed by his performance in the playoffs this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me that all of a sudden, a couple of years ago, Manu started chucking the three and was making them in an unbelievable fashion, I mean it was scary. Maybe Ive forgotten but that didn't seem to be his game when we were winning those championships. The problem is that when he started missing the threes, he invested too much of his confidence in them and when he started missing it took the rest of his game.
    He was starting and playing off the ball more before he got injured in '12. I think they need to go back to him playing off the ball. At this point he should focus on becoming a Ray Allen type of player with the occasional ball handling/playmaking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA basketball isn't main priority in life anymore.
    Fixed. He looked a of a lot more motivated for Argentina less than a year ago than he did all year in a Spurs uniform.

Thread Information